What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 CO PF Baye Ndongo

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

9623172.jpg

Colorado Prep (Denver, CO)

AAU:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BayeAbdouNdong1
Instagram:

Ht: 6'8"
Wt: 220

247s rating: 3* - 88 grade; #37 PF
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3*; unranked PF

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8922 rating / #40 PF / #190 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, ASU, Bradley, Cal, Michigan, Nebraska, New Mexico, Penn St, Providence, San Francisco, Siena, Washington, Washington St

Last edited:
Some think our roster is deep, but I think our middle-section (outside the top couple guys) are all more end-of-bench guys on top teams.
Telling that an unknown Juco shows up and is in our top 3 players it seems.
And we are SMALL, lacking length on the wings and guards.

I suspect that TDS will have a degree and will get paid to play in Europe if not here. He's blossomed into an extraordinary versatile player.

Tad absolutely needs to have some attrition here. They are all solid ok guys, but there's too many solid, but only ok guys. Too many short guards.
We could do with a few less of them.

What's Hurlburt's deal? I had him down for 12 minutes a game. Is he hurt?

Some think our roster is deep, but I think our middle-section (outside the top couple guys) are all more end-of-bench guys on top teams.

I suspect that TDS will have a degree and will get paid to play in Europe if not here. He's blossomed into an extraordinary versatile player.

Tad absolutely needs to have some attrition here. They are all solid ok guys, but there's too many solid, but only ok guys. Too many short guards.

Looks to be redshirting, but it was never announced.

I think it’s deep. You never want all 13 to be stars. That’s a mess. You always have to have role players that play their role well. We’re deep if you look at it that way.

I could see TDS getting paid, but he really would benefit with one more year, being consistent and working on rebounding. Lovering isn’t going anywhere. Hurlburt was a bit of a project in that he needs to get physically stronger and get used to the competition, but he’s got skills. Add in Diop and possibly Ndongo and you have a nice problem with tons of depth up front. One or both could easily redshirt while TDS plays out.

Others on this board know 10x what I do, but I’m still scratching my head on who goes. I’m sure someone unlikely will hit the portal like last year, but I love this team. They need a leader to step up and a little more toughness is all…

I think it’s deep. You never want all 13 to be stars. That’s a mess. You always have to have role players that play their role well. We’re deep if you look at it that way.

I could see TDS getting paid, but he really would benefit with one more year, being consistent and working on rebounding. Lovering isn’t going anywhere. Hurlburt was a bit of a project in that he needs to get physically stronger and get used to the competition, but he’s got skills. Add in Diop and possibly Ndongo and you have a nice problem with tons of depth up front. One or both could easily redshirt while TDS plays out.

Others on this board know 10x what I do, but I’m still scratching my head on who goes. I’m sure someone unlikely will hit the portal like last year, but I love this team. They need a leader to step up and a little more toughness is all…
Just my thoughts on this sprinkled with some things I've heard from people a bit more in the know than me.
- Hurlburt is happy and redshirting.
- If/when Allen gets fully into a good place, he will start. He is moving toward this, but Tad being Tad is not going to take someone else's minutes who has put in the work this year.
- TDS will be here next year.
- Smith might be one who is on the outside looking in next year.
- Ruffin is going to get more time as the season progresses.
- One of the 2 colorado kids needs to move on - and it's not LOB. I'm thoroughly enjoying my sauteed Crow on this.

So, being the gambling man I am, I'm betting we end up with 4 open scholarships next year - The 2 Ivys and 2 others who are gently told they should look for other opportunities.

Last edited:
Just my thoughts on this sprinked with some things I've heard from people a bit more in the know than me.
- If/when Allen gets fully into a good place, he will start. He is moving toward this, but Tad being Tad is not going to take someone else's minutes who has put in the work this year.
- One of the 2 colorado kids needs to move on - and it's not LOB. I'm thoroughly enjoying my sauteed Crow on this.

So, being the gambling man I am, I'm betting we end up with 4 open scholarships next year - The 2 Ivys and 2 others who are gently told they should look for other opportunities.

**** yes.

Are we also taking into account the possibility of KJ Simpson going to the NBA next year opening up a roster spot? (I'm genuinely asking, as I haven't read through all of this)

Just my thoughts on this sprinkled with some things I've heard from people a bit more in the know than me.

This is very off-topic, but I've been very impressed with Ruffin this year. So smooth and a willing and able shooter

Are we also taking into account the possibility of KJ Simpson going to the NBA next year opening up a roster spot? (I'm genuinely asking, as I haven't read through all of this)

This isn't even a remote possibility.
I've said this enough that it's now my profile banner:

Small Guards don't get drafted early.

Attrition from where?

I think Allen is going to work himself into Wright's minutes.

Attachments

• 1671211026858.png
    1671211026858.png
    505 KB · Views: 9
I think the fact that Smith and Hurlburt are redshirting puts them pretty low on the list of our players sorted by quality.
I would remove Hurlburt from being an attrition candidate because he plays a postition that we are low on.

If Williams is expected to play wing, I would expect that one of Clifford, O'Brien, or Allen will move on due to numbers at the position.
O'Brien and Clifford both get a lot of minutes and are from Colorado so its hard for me to see them choosing to leave.
Allen has all the potential in the world but the lack of playing time seems like he might want to try his luck elsewhere.

If Williams is expected to be more of a ball handler, I could see one of Hammond, Ruffin, or Smith moving on.
Hammond cracking under ASU and Washington's defenses late in each game has me reconsidering the amount of minutes he will get going forward.

I don't see anyone going pro early.

Clifford has been a massive, head scratching disappointment this year. You see things he does like in the CSU game, and you think "this kid has something", but he's given us...2??? good games this year?

Just absolutely zero confidence? No clue what the deal is.

Clifford has been a massive, head scratching disappointment this year. You see things he does like in the CSU game, and you think "this kid has something", but he's given us...2??? good games this year?

Just absolutely zero confidence? No clue what the deal is.
Am I reading that Clifford and Smith are potential exits if Ndongo comes? Smith is an unknown and O’Brien offers more than Clifford. I agree that Clifford has been a huge disappointment.

If that hasn't happened by Christmas, Allen will be in the portal on day 1. Tad not "going to take someone else's minutes" is equivalent to Allen hasn't earned it despite being with the team for 18 months now. Any other thoughts are simply not based on reality.

Am I reading that Clifford and Smith are potential exits if Ndongo comes? Smith is an unknown and O’Brien offers more than Clifford. I agree that Clifford has been a huge disappointment.
You're reading speculation only from a single poster.... Who knows with Smith. Was always a development project with great positional length and deemed to be a defensive stopper. Could very well be in line for big minutes for all we've heard. If someone has actual scoop on this, I haven't seen it.

If that hasn't happened by Christmas, Allen will be in the portal on day 1. Tad not "going to take someone else's minutes" is equivalent to Allen hasn't earned it despite being with the team for 18 months now. Any other thoughts are simply not based on reality.
I would then ask, "Has Clifford earned his mintes?"

In all honesty - No.
Has Wright?

Today would be a perfect time to start Ruffin and see how he responds while also sending a message to others.

Yeah, I don't see Allen staying much longer. If you haven't cracked it by now (and I personally think he should have at least earned some good burn this year considering we have 5 losses [Grambling St wtf?] and make mistakes all the time), you likely aren't going to barring injury.

Looks to be redshirting, but it was never announced.

Per Da Lama Hurlburt is redshirting. No problem there and not unexpected.

Doesn't matter how upscale the club competition was, for the most part when you're signing bigs from states like WY and ND, they are going to need some time to become D1 college players. As was the case with LL, so it will be with JH.

I would then ask, "Has Clifford earned his mintes?"

In all honesty - No.
Has Wright?

Today would be a perfect time to start Ruffin and see how he responds while also sending a message to others.
We don’t know the issue, but it’s apparently effort.

I liked his clip, he can finish at the rack for sure. He looks like a pretty good shooter too. He'd be a good get.

Back