What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#23 Colorado

And yet Free Shoes U is still ranked ... unreal. I guess losing two games at home (one of which was an absolute drubbing) doesn't matter as long as you were over-ranked at the start of the season. If they don't drop out of the AP this morning (a more reliable poll, since it's polled from those most of whom actually watch the games), I'm going to be really pissed.

Lol FSU is still at #23 in the latest poll...

I think I have either stepped into an alternate reality or stepped out of it. I have no idea which one.

If you take quantum physics at face value, it could be both ... or an infinite number of other realities. Just go with it. :)

Lol FSU is still at #23 in the latest poll...

I almost don't care anymore ... given the fact that I'm giddy that we're finally ranked. But as I've said, it just shows the idiocy of those who continue to give credit to teams simply based on where they started out in the pre-season "rankings," despite their season performance thus far.

Their visit to Miami next week should finally take care of that.

Cuts the other way, too. When a team like CU that's ranked around 21st loses, it takes us weeks to work our way back into the top 25.

Somewhat true ... but I think it partially depends on who you lose to, home or away, and by how much. I'm really not sure how much a close loss @ USC will effect us negatively, since several of the teams around us are likely to lose also.

I almost don't care anymore ... given the fact that I'm giddy that we're finally ranked. But as I've said, it just shows the idiocy of those who continue to give credit to teams simply based on where they started out in the pre-season "rankings," despite their season performance thus far.

SEC bias

Nice, somewhat surprised but not now. A lot of stuff went down yesterday so it makes sense. Good for the program, just don't be satisfied. At the same time, enjoy it, earned that right.

The rank is nice and we can enjoy the attention/ recognition for the program. Probably helps with recruiting since it's "not just words" when our coaches talk about The Rise. The rank makes it much more real. Networks and media people talk a lot more about teams inside the AP 25, too. So there will be a ton more buzz this week.

But that's all perception and wind. All that matters is going 1-0 this week. Beat USC and we're one win away from achieving the 1st goal - making a bowl game. Beat USC and a serious monkey is off the back of the program - CU has never beaten USC. Beat USC and we're seriously in the driver's seat for achieving the 2nd goal - winning the Pac-12 South.

All that really matters right now is beating USC.

Nice. I do not care if this is only for one week (obviously I want it to continue). Feelsgoodman

I think that all of us - the hard core that have always been here - are entitled to enjoy this.

I didn't want CU ranked for me. I've seen it before. I wanted this for my teenage daughter, for whom this is new.

My 8 year old just made comment about the Buffs being ranked (it was mentioned on the news while we were flipping through channels). Kids, casual fans, etc... this is a big deal.

Got to win this week. The hype, Stamped and crowd for the Homecoming ASU game would be like nothing we've seen in a long time. But they have to beat USC.

Eeee S Pee In has the Buffs 18th in there so called power rankings, for what ever power rankings are worth? But I do like the respect that may come with that ranking..

Things I'm concerned about:
TE drag routes when Gamboa is playing. Adoree Jackson returning kicks. Mid-nineties at game time will test team depth. No McCartney vs a decent run game.

Things I'm comfortable with:
Sefo or Montez, either will do. Adkins getting more snaps. Large CU alumni base in SoCal should create a good atmosphere. Coaches will have the team ready.

Back