What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR CB Isaiah Johnson (Withdrawn from Portal)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
On3
hudl
Arizona State Bio

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 12.15.06 PM.png
Arizona State / St. Bernard HS (Playa Del Rey, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/IsaiahJohns21
Instagram:

Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 190
40: 4.52 (verified)

Eligibility: 3 to play 3

Transfer Ratings:

247s rank:
ESPN rank:
Rivals rank: 3* - 5.6tr; #218 overall
On3 rank:

247s Composite:

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arkansas, Kansas, Miami, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

2021 Recruit Rankings:

247s rank: 4* - 93 grade; #13 CB (#157 overall)
ESPN rank: 4* - 83 grade; #11 CB (#182 overall)
Rivals rank: 4* - 5.9rr; #14 CB (#159 overall)
On3 rank: unrated (4* - 93.42 consensus; #9 CB, #124 overall)

247s Composite: 4* / 0.9381 / #9 CB / #140 overall

Reported Offers: Arizona State, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan State, Minnesota, NC State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, G5 offers

Buffs look to be in great position here. If I had to guess the next non-JSU transfer commit, Johnson might be the name I'd go with. I do worry that we'll dick around and he'll head back toward home (WVU or VT) since he grew up in WV.

If we fill out the back end with 2/3’rds of the prospects we look to be in on, what is the O/U on opponents completion % against us? 12.5%? LOL, seriously though, it’ll be fun to track growth of this group once we sign this kid and McLain.
Yep. We need to get to the point where we can't project who will start before they've gone through spring and fall practices. Once the roster gets to where Coach Prime wants it, we'll be 2- or 3-deep everywhere and anyone who isn't setting the standard on putting in the work is going to quickly lose his starting job to someone who is setting that standard.

Yep. We need to get to the point where we can't project who will start before they've gone through spring and fall practices. Once the roster gets to where Coach Prime wants it, we'll be 2- or 3-deep everywhere and anyone who isn't setting the standard on putting in the work is going to quickly lose his starting job to someone who is setting that standard.
Hmmm. That oddly sounds like… what is it now? Hmmm. Can’t quite put my finger on it….

Nope. No idea. Been a CU fan too long.

Buffs look to be in great position here. If I had to guess the next non-JSU transfer commit, Johnson might be the name I'd go with. I do worry that we'll dick around and he'll head back toward home (WVU or VT) since he grew up in WV.
That is what some people around here in WV seem to think. VT more than WVU could be the real option. VT is just down the road from Bluefield, WV. He was next level in high school here. It surprised people when he went out west to finish HS.

Prime hasn't seemed to dick around thus far...kid will be committed to the Buffs before dinner time!
He won't, I mean HCP. He can relate to all of these youngsters, but at the same time, dude has an old school mentality. Don't tell me, show me.

With our scheme we need DBs and bad
Like in 2016 when we had Awuzie playing NB (to get him blitz opportunities) with Witherspoon and Oliver as the other Corners, and then Thompson and Laguda at Safety. Then Moeller (a Safety) playing an OLB/Rover spot. That was 4 NFL DBs part of the core of that defense (6/11 starters). The key to making that work, though, is you have to have those 3 big dudes on the line who can occupy 5 OLs to free up the others to run and make plays. That's my biggest concern right now, because I'm confident the DB talent is going to be deep & talented.

Last edited:
Back