What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR RB Trey Sanders (Committed to TCU)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
Alabama Bio

12848036_21c4c279c2d74849b6e0fa2f7ee78713.jpg

University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, Al) / IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

Eligibility:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/6sixGod_
Instagram:

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 214
40:

247s rating:
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 4* - 5.8tr; #96 overall

247sports Composite:

Reported Offers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As a '19 recruit:

247s rating: 5* - 98 grade; #2 RB (#14 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 88 grade; #2 RB (#16 overall)
Rivals rating: 5* - 6.1rr; #1 RB (#3 overall)

247sports Composite: 5* / 0.9963 rating / #1 RB / #6 overall

Reported Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida St, Georgia, Miami (FL), Nebraska, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M

Last edited:
I know he is pushed way down on the Bama depth chart due to injuries but what I've read is the explosiveness isn't where it once was. I don't think this is an absolute take with all the RB's Coach Prime can look at. Unless we are taking 2 and skipping take a Frosh. What's the optimal amount of scholarship RB's on the team at a given time? 6?

Reactions: dio
I know he is pushed way down on the Bama depth chart due to injuries but what I've read is the explosiveness isn't where it once was. I don't think this is an absolute take with all the RB's Coach Prime can look at. Unless we are taking 2 and skipping take a Frosh. What's the optimal amount of scholarship RB's on the team at a given time? 6?
RB is a position that needs an entire overhaul save for Hankerson and Venn, so IMO, a freshman and a transfer. Stacks, and Smith probably best to hit the portal, unless they’re OK with Special Teams

I pictured Stacks and Smith as Special Teams / Backup RB types who can graduate adding to the total of 6 on the roster. If they go to the portal we wish them the best, but if they stay, we support them and we get them some carries in mop up duty if possible. Both players seem to be what coach Prime is looking for as I've never heard about them not giving maximum effort in their roles on the team.

Seems like we definitely have a spot regardless of whether he’s lost his fastball. Love a reclamation project. Maybe he will shine again?

Seems like we definitely have a spot regardless of whether he’s lost his fastball. Love a reclamation project. Maybe he will shine again?
He looks good to me on tape. Not saying he's looks as good as McClellan or Gibbs or even his five star billing because he clearly doesn't but I like his potential far more than Fontenot. He looks like a 1k yard rusher and a NFL draft pick to me eventually if the tape is consistent and he can prove he's a 3 down back.

He looks good to me on tape. Not saying he's looks as good as McClellan or Gibbs or even his five star billing because he clearly doesn't but I like his potential far more than Fontenot. He looks like a 1k yard rusher and a NFL draft pick to me eventually if the tape is consistent and he can prove he's a 3 down back.
We haven’t offered right? Haven’t seen much but his unc tweet. (Would love to have him)

I haven't seen an offer yet but it's frequently difficult to track transfer offers unless the recruit themselves is tweeting them all.
I never know whether to trust reported offers I didn't see in the recruit's "media tweets" timeline. Even then, sometimes they're not real. 😁

My thoughts as well. Freak accident but if he’s close to normal he’s better than most if not all rbs from last year.

Edwards isn’t ready for full time and will need to get bigger. Change of pace. Smith is adequate, but injury prone. Sanders May shoot to the top of the chart.

I don't think the coaching staff is interested right now.

Sanders tweeted the day Coach Prime got hired... if they were interested, you'd think he would have been brought on by now.

I don't think the coaching staff is interested right now.

Sanders tweeted the day Coach Prime got hired... if they were interested, you'd think he would have been brought on by now.
Maybe didn’t want to scare away Edwards? But yeah, seems we’re not interested. Also perhaps he doesn’t fit the new offense.

Could be both. Especially if Deion Smith and/or Jayle Stacks transfer out. We're at 5 and looking to take 1. If we get down to 4 or 3, I'd expect us to take 2.
Have we looked at Marshawn Lloyd the transfer from South Carolina? Highest rated back in the portal.

I read about about the broken pelvis and rehab, and how he got to new highs in performance post injury. Freshman year was an ankle injury, not an acl (if I recall correctly). The crash was the big one. Life threatening. I bet he’s still a big upgrade to the mix at RB.

Back