What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR S Shilo Sanders (Committed to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
On3
hudl
JSU Bio
South Carolina Bio

12848036_21c4c279c2d74849b6e0fa2f7ee78713.jpg

Jackson State University (Jackson, MS) / University of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) / Trinity Christian School (Cedar Hill, TX)

Eligibility:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShiloSanders
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shilosanders

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 195
40:

247s rating:
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.6tr; #470 overall
On3 rating: unrated S

247sports Composite:

Reported Offers: COLORADO

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As a '19 recruit:

247s rating: 3* - 83 grade; #153 CB
ESPN rating: 4* - 80 grade; #24 CB (#287 overall)
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #42 CB
On3 rating: unrated S

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8706 rating / #62 CB / #665 overall

Reported Offers: CSU, Florida St, Georgia, LA Tech, Nebraska, New Mexico St, Oregon, Oregon St, Rutgers, SMU, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, UCF

Last edited:

doesn’t look good here
He’s got a role to play here on reality TV. This is his chance to carve out his own niche as an insider to the hated CU program that takes everyone’s recruits and turns CFB’s elites upside down. He has to come to Boulder after the fake drama to pull it off. The CFB version of the Kardashians are cumin’. His follows will sky rocket as all those pissed off fans of victim programs will follow him. It’s pure gold.

Gotta be happy for Shilo either way. If he’s committed to JSU, that shows heart. If he comes around and joins the fam in Boulder, it’ll be a great experience and he will play.

Can see a kid wanting to both establish his independence and maintain connections with the friends he has been playing with and going to school with.

Would love to have him come to CU and I think he would have a good experience but sometimes people have to make their own decisions.

I don’t think PWOs can participate in all team activities.
The Shannon Sharpe Coach Prime interview was great on playing as a top talent PWO. HCP had played for the Yankees (?) for half of the summer and had been paid. Not only did he forfeit his scholarship, he recounted that he was basically unfettered by team regulations such as expected attire when traveling with the team.
I am not sure what if any activities they would be prohibited from, but I suspect Shilo and Shedeur wouldn't miss out on much in Boulder.

Personally I still can't HCP's account with Jeremy Bloom's issues with skiing and the NCAA, except that AFAIK he was a scholarship athlete for his entire football career at CU. Could Bloom have told NCAA to f*** off if ski sponsors had said they would replace his scholarships?

The Shannon Sharpe Coach Prime interview was great on playing as a top talent PWO. HCP had played for the Yankees (?) for half of the summer and had been paid. Not only did he forfeit his scholarship, he recounted that he was basically unfettered by team regulations such as expected attire when traveling with the team.
I am not sure what if any activities they would be prohibited from, but I suspect Shilo and Shedeur wouldn't miss out on much in Boulder.

Personally I still can't HCP's account with Jeremy Bloom's issues with skiing and the NCAA, except that AFAIK he was a scholarship athlete for his entire football career at CU. Could Bloom have told NCAA to f*** off if ski sponsors had said they would replace his scholarships?

The NCAA allowed you to play baseball (like Joel Klatt did) and still keep eligibility. Bloom’s issue is that he wasn’t receiving a salary, it was sponsorship money. Sponsorship money at the time was an immediate disqualification, so it wasn’t about paying his own way without a scholarship. He would’ve done that. It was an eligibility issue.

The NCAA allowed you to play baseball (like Joel Klatt did) and still keep eligibility. Bloom’s issue is that he wasn’t receiving a salary, it was sponsorship money. Sponsorship money at the time was an immediate disqualification, so it wasn’t about paying his own way without a scholarship. He would’ve done that. It was an eligibility issue.
A moronic decision at the time that hasn’t played out well over time, clearly.

A moronic decision at the time that hasn’t played out well over time, clearly.
Well, the NCAA view was that allowing sponsorships (essentially Name, Image, Likeness) would allow any booster to simply pay any player, which would tear off the thin veneer of amateurism. In that regard, the NCAA’s fears have been proven correct, whether one likes or dislikes NIL. I can’t say it was a moronic decision from their point of view, although one wonders if they had given on the issue a bit they might have controlled things better. We’ll never know.

College football is now a semi-pro minor league run by academic institutions, much as it has been for awhile, but the window dressing has been torn off.

Next shoe to drop is the National Labor Relations Board, which I think will reclassify college football players as employees.

Mods - no offense taken if you wish to move these comments out of the recruit thread and into NIL thread.

Back