What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR WDE Jordan Domineck (Signed to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
On3
hudl
Arkansas Bio
Georgia Tech Bio

12848036_21c4c279c2d74849b6e0fa2f7ee78713.jpg

University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) / Georgia Tech University (Atlanta, GA) / George Jenkins HS (Lakeland, FL)

Eligibility: Grad transfer

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jdomineck16
Instagram:

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 251
40:

247s rating:
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated DL
On3 rating: 3* - 86 grade

247sports Composite:

Reported Offers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As a '18 recruit:

247s rating: 3* - 84 grade; #74 WDE
ESPN rating: 3* - 75 grade; #103 DE
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked WDE
On3 rating: unranked Edge

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8431 rating / #72 WDE / #1255 overall

Reported Offers: Bowling Green, FAU, FIU, Georgia St, Iowa St, Marshall, Miami (OH), USF, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Toledo, Tulane, Vanderbilt

Prototype of what you're looking for in an EDGE in a 2-4-5 defense.
So is a 2-4-5 essentially what used to be called a 4-2-5?

Two space eaters in the middle, two big LBers at the end spots who primarily rush the passer but have some coverage responsibilities?

So is a 2-4-5 essentially what used to be called a 4-2-5?

Two space eaters in the middle, two big LBers at the end spots who primarily rush the passer but have some coverage responsibilities?
Not really. It actually grew out of the 3-4 (credit LeBeau) when he would go nickel.

The NT would come off, the 2 SDEs would play inside, the oversized OLB pass rushers would both be in outside blitz position, and an extra DB would come in.

4-2-5 was more of a Nickel to a 4-3 with a LB trading for a DB. And the evolution of that is the 3-3-5 which then swaps a DE for an OLB. (That's what I thought we were running when I saw we had 2 transfer SDE types and 2 WDE types. Now I'm thinking the Kneeland questions are about him being willing to play inside and unable to play outside in a 2-4-5 but he fit a 3-3-5.)

Last edited:
Not really. It actually grew out of the 3-4 (credit LeBeau) when he would go nickel.

The NT would come off, the 2 SDEs would play inside, the oversized OLB pass rushers would both be in outside blitz position, and an extra DB would come in.

4-2-5 was more of a Nickel to a 4-3 with a LB trading for a DB. And the evolution of that is the 3-3-5 which then swaps a DE for an OLB. (That's what I thought we were running when I saw we had 2 transfer SDE types and 2 WDE types. Now I'm thinking the Kneeland questions are about him being willing to play inside and unable to play outside in a 2-4-5 but he fit a 3-3-5.)
So basically in a 3-3-5, you have 3 legit defensive linemen, whereas in a 2-4-5, your D line has 2 bigger LBs on the ends

We need finishers who can get a sack on 3rd and 8 and obvious passing situations in the 4th quarter. If we can get a guy or 2 who can get to the QB through transfer or development I like the odds of winning high scoring games more often. The offense is going to get theirs as long as we can protect the QB. DB's / Safety's are looking like a good room right now that will help with coverage sacks over the next couple of years. What Edge wouldn't want an extra half second or so to get to the QB. Thank you Mr. Hunter!!!

We need finishers who can get a sack on 3rd and 8 and obvious passing situations in the 4th quarter. If we can get a guy or 2 who can get to the QB through transfer or development I like the odds of winning high scoring games more often. The offense is going to get theirs as long as we can protect the QB. DB's / Safety's are looking like a good room right now that will help with coverage sacks over the next couple of years. What Edge wouldn't want an extra half second or so to get to the QB. Thank you Mr. Hunter!!!
Yep. Huge difference between "bringing pressure" and "getting home". We need to get home. Press coverage that can then stick tight through the first move is that extra half second that makes all the difference.

Back