What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to other '24 CO QB Blake Barnett

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
On3
hudl

FRnpWwiX0AAhu5w

Erie HS (Erie, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/blakebarnett03
Instagram:

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 205
40:

247s rating: 3* - 86 grade; #44 QB
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.6rr; unranked QB-P
On3 rating: 3* - 86 grade; #60 QB

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8600 rating / #50 QB / #520 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Colorado St, Kansas St, Oregon St, Washington

Really impressive tape. Quiet feet, looks to throw first despite ability to make plays with feet (11.1/100m!). A linchpin of the '24 class IMO.
He was coached well at the position from young age. Just sayin'...

Oh and he needs to remember to stop throwing off his back foot so much in certain situations.

Arm strength and accuracy look very good. Nice to see a junior at a Colorado H.S. that already looks capable of playing at the FBS level.
Blake is very strong which is why he thinks he can make certain throws by simply using his upper body. It's one of the few things he needs to refine.

Barnett and Kritza are two intriguing QBs with Colorado ties that play the position very different ways. It will be interesting to see how much we go in on one or both versus the wider national QB pool next year.

I’m still always going to maintain that Colorado Prep QBs aren’t worth recruiting. Sorry, but it’s not just a coincidence that none have amounted to anything in college. Even Creek and Valor QBs haven’t been any good. The level of competition and QB coaching here is just not good

I’m still always going to maintain that Colorado Prep QBs aren’t worth recruiting. Sorry, but it’s not just a coincidence that none have amounted to anything in college. Even Creek and Valor QBs haven’t been any good. The level of competition and QB coaching here is just not good
Histrorically, the only positions that have been decent are RB and TE with an occasional OL?

I think so. I think most other positions can be discretionary because pure athleticism can be seen easily during evaluation. QB is just such a different animal
But even the athletic positions on defense have been mostly capped to mediocre performance in college. Calais Campbell is one of the few defensive players who stands out as a Colorado prep who could dominate in college/pros.

But even the athletic positions on defense have been mostly capped to mediocre performance in college. Calais Campbell is one of the few defensive players who stands out as a Colorado prep who could dominate in college/pros.
Yep, either way, 2024 is the perfect year to be recruiting a true blue chip QB from anywhere in the country, most assuredly not Colorado

I'm in your camp here in general terms, but I think this kid might be the exception. He's run a 11.07 100M and is the defending 4A sprint champ.
His athleticism is off the charts good. This kid is going to be a good P5 QB and has a very high ceiling.

Last edited:
I'm in your camp here in general terms, but I think this kid might be the exception. He's run a 11.07 100M and is the defending 4A sprint champ.
His athleticism is off the charts good. This kid is going to be a good P5 QB and has a very high ceiling.
We’ll see. Athleticism isn’t really what I’m talking about. Besides, 2024 is a blue chip QB recruitment. Like program changing 5* possibilities.

We’ll see. Athleticism isn’t really what I’m talking about. Besides, 2024 is a blue chip QB recruitment. Like program changing 5* possibilities.
Assuming Shedeur is here in 2024, that's not our blue chip recruiting year at QB. The 5*, monster NIL offer, QBs are looking to start as true freshmen.

2025 will be targeting that guy and probably a big time transfer. They'll have to beat out what should be a QB room that has 3 underclassmen we're confident we could win with.

Assuming Shedeur is here in 2024, that's not our blue chip recruiting year at QB. The 5*, monster NIL offer, QBs are looking to start as true freshmen.

2025 will be targeting that guy and probably a big time transfer. They'll have to beat out what should be a QB room that has 3 underclassmen we're confident we could win with.
It depends. Malachi Nelson going to SC to sit behind Caleb Williams

Here's the last 4 year's top rated QBs (1 to 10). I might rather bring in transfers every year rather than rely on a 17 year old kid being a sure thing.
A lot of these kids didn't develop the way they might have expected to:

Spencer RattlerBryce YoungQuinn EwersCade Klubnik
Bo NixD.J. UiagaleleiCaleb WilliamsConner Weigman
Jayden DanielsCJ StroudSam HuardTy Simpson
Ryan HilinskiHudson CardBrock VandagriffDrew Allar
Graham MertzJaQuinden JacksonJ.J. McCarthyWalker Howard
Sam HowellLuke DotyKyle McCordDevin Brown
Dylan MorrisHarrison BaileyTy ThompsonGunner Stockton
Taulia TagovailoaEthan GarbersJake GarciaSam Horn
Taisun PhommachanhHaynes KingDrake MayeNick Evers
Max DugganJay ButterfieldJaxson DartBrady Allen

Here's the last 4 year's top rated QBs (1 to 10). I might rather bring in transfers every year rather than rely on a 17 year old kid being a sure thing.

Trevor Lawrence at 1
Justin Fields at 2
Dorian Thompson Robinson at 6
Matt Corral at 8

I've never heard of at least half these guys

Looks like J.J. McCarthy can throw it. Also looked like he wasn't ready today to make the right decisions to not lose the game for Michigan.
2 Pick 6's and a fumbled handoff at the 1 yard line.... Yikes

Qbs that have this type of speed can change games.

Somebody want to let him know there is no "University of Kansas State."

There is a University of Kansas, there is a Kansas State University. The second is often referred to as Kansas State Junior College and University but we won't get picky.

Back