What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to CU '24 TNFR IOL Phillip Houston

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
On3
FIU Bio

12848036_21c4c279c2d74849b6e0fa2f7ee78713.jpg

Florida International University / McKinney Boyd HS (McKinney, TX)

Eligibility:

Twitter link
Instagram link

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 274
40:

247s rating:
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating:
On3 rating: unrated IOL

247sports Composite:

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Marshall, North Texas, USF, Tulsa, UTSA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a '21 recruit:

247s rating:
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating:
On3 rating: unrated IOL

247sports Composite:

Reported Offers:

Last edited:
Looks like he is actually a '21 recruit and did 1 season of JC. Updated the OP to reflect that. Best guess from me is he is a 2 to play 1 guy.
Interesting. Wasn’t he a starter at FIU? He left that situation to come here and RS for a year and hopefully compete in 2025 (which is what I assume will happen)?

If the guy is 274, then I would imagine he has more offers than are listed. Interesting addition. Want to see more information on this guy.

I’m thinking they brought him in to compete for the center position. 274lb is about the same weight as the guy they brought in from UCONN.

It appars he has two years to play one so he claerly isn’t a developmental prospect.
I’ll have an in depth report tomorrow morning on this cat from my two buddies on staff there. Stay tuned.
Just off the phone with my guys. Here's the info: He has a good upside, but is undersized. Played this year at around 270. Needs to put on weight and improve in pass protection. His length doesn't fit every system. He's an athletic tackle, not an imposing one. It was a stretch by our staff in their opinions and they wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't sign here and ends up at a lower P5 or higher G5 in the end.

Just off the phone with my guys. Here's the info: He has a good upside, but is undersized. Played this year at around 270. Needs to put on weight and improve in pass protection. His length doesn't fit every system. He's an athletic tackle, not an imposing one. It was a stretch by our staff in their opinions and they wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't sign here and ends up at a lower P5 or higher G5 in the end.
Lama: could he lineup as a blocking TE?

Great Job Ok GIF

So he played tackle at FIU but is being listed as IOL, so they must be hoping his lack of length and athleticism better serve him as an athletic pulling guard.

Back