What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uncommitted '24 TNFR LB Kyle Moretti

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
On3
CMU Bio

12848036_21c4c279c2d74849b6e0fa2f7ee78713.jpg

Central Michigan University / Pomona HS (Arvada, CO)

Eligibility: Grad transfer - 2 to play 1

Twitter link
Instagram link

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 245
40:

247s rating: unrated LB
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated ILB
On3 rating: unrated LB

247sports Composite:

Reported Offers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a '20 recruit:

247s rating: 3* - 81 grade; #88 ILB
ESPN rating: 3* - 70 grade; #66 ILB
Rivals rating: 2* - 5.2rr; unranked ILB
On3 rating: unrated LB

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8004 rating / #125 ILB / #2744 overall

Reported Offers: Air Force, Central Michigan, FCS offers

T

There was a former 4* OL named Jake Moretti, who transferred from OSU to the Buffs. He was a stud, but had to medically retire from injuries.
Yeah. I got him and Wray mixed up since they had similar stories (Colorado kids that got hurt at OSU and transferred to CU). Either way, I'm concerned about our depth and LB and it looks like Kyle could contribute.

His film looks good. We are sort of packed at the position, except for adding a blue-chip. He would be great as a PWO. I just don't know who would have to shuffle out to get him a spot.

Numbers wise:

10 (8 schollies) at Edge (I count this a OLB too).
10 (7 schollies) at Inside Linebacker.

These are good players. CU may find a can't miss; but they won't add schollie guys just to add them. Thus, I see PWO.
He was a 2x All MAC player and is transferring as a Grad with one year of eligibility. He's not going anywhere as a PWO. There will be attrition at the ILB position after Spring.

Numbers wise:

These are good players. CU may find a can't miss; but they won't add schollie guys just to add them. Thus, I see PWO.
Did you watch us play last year?

Our LBs showed almost no ability to defend against the run (granted they weren't getting much help from the DL.)

Having big numbers doesn't mean you have any quality at a position. Wasn't long ago that we had 9 guys on scholarship at TE and none of them showed they could play except the guy who had started as a walk-on.

Don't be surprised if at least 2 from each position aren't in the portal by the end of spring ball if not before.

Moretti is a guy who is completely different in style than any other LB we have on the roster. He is an old school thumper who plays forward taking on and shedding guards get to RBs in the inside running game.

The big question about him is can he translate what he did against MAC offenses to playing against B12 offenses. That is something the coaches need to decide. They do have tape on him playing against some P5 level offenses in OOC games. They have Michigan State and Notre Dame this year and Oklahoma State and Penn State last year so no question that they can see how he holds up against high level talent.

Last edited:
exactly, when you move a safety to ILB mid season, I wouldn’t say that the position group was/is packed.
And I gotta say watching the Well Off videos so far, both Gant and Kennedy do not impress me so far. Gant looks 6-0 185, no bigger.

Morretti is a MUST GET in my book.

Numbers wise:

So turn down a guy who fits the bill and has produced bigly at the collegiate level in favor of a bunch of unproven guys and guys who looked pretty JAGgy last year?

Glad you're not managing the roster.

And I gotta say watching the Well Off videos so far, both Gant and Kennedy do not impress me so far. Gant looks 6-0 185, no bigger.

Morretti is a MUST GET in my book.
Giant has never been a LB. Don't know why anyone expected him to make any impact.

Kennedy has all the skills in the world, but idk how you get to your 4th year and you're still 215ish

Giant has never been a LB. Don't know why anyone expected him to make any impact.

Kennedy has all the skills in the world, but idk how you get to your 4th year and you're still 215ish
Agreed. So you have Bentley and Woods as your returning "starters". Fvcking yikes. Morretti should have been locked down immediately.

But I'm sure he doesn't fit what Hart wants in a backer. :rolleyes:

Agreed. So you have Bentley and Woods as your returning "starters". Fvcking yikes. Morretti should have been locked down immediately.

But I'm sure he doesn't fit what Hart wants in a backer. :rolleyes:
Woods needs to move back to strong safety. People seem to forget he's a 4.47 guy in the forty. Let him roam. Don't ask him to man cover anybody.

Back