What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Verbal to other '24 TX C Doryan Onwuchekwa

How is he compared to Diop? Aren't they both centers? Who has more upside and can they be in the floor together?

How is he compared to Diop? Aren't they both centers? Who has more upside and can they be in the floor together?
Very different games and they actually compliment each other really well. Doryan is more of a traditional big with a nice back to the basket game, while Diop is a long, athletic combo forward. If they get a chance to play together DO, Diop and Williams is a potentially elite front court that can attack in so many different ways while giving a size advantage over 90% of the teams they play.

I like that Doryan said he studies how Jokic plays. From the clips there is some hints of those skills. And another of HS, plus a year or 2 of strength, agility training I really like the upside.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but right now, EVERYBODY is studying how Jokic plays.
Agree, and they should. I just saw glimpsed of a HS jr maybe exhibiting the potential for 3 level scoring eithe post moves, jumper and 3 pt shot, plus passing ability. And decent athleticism that might get better wit age and training. Hope im not overhyping him.

All of the bigs we're recruiting can space the floor.
UConn last year started Alex Karaban and Adama Sanogo - Sanogo hit 19 3's and Karaban 66. Their first player off the bench was Donovan Clingan a 7'2 freshman (who couldn't shoot) but you could pair him with Sanogo and Karaban and be perfect! When you have bigs that can hit 3's heck yea you can play multiple!

You still need quality bigs to defend too, Sanogo and Clingan were vital to UConn's paint defense!

Our issue last year was Hadley, Lovering wouldn't shoot outside the paint so it would get clogged.

To @Buffnik 's point our recent recruits have that flexibility, Diop, Dak, Hurlburt all have in theory that ability.. and Onwuchekwa, Rancik do as well!

He's got serious presence. Looks like maybe he can shoot, form looks ok for the few shots taken...he is on the perimeter a bit which eludes to me that there is trust he can make it. He can be a bully though...which I love. This film was better than the others with mostly gnomes as competition
Zeke Nnaji comparison in my eyes, very good player all around and nice bigger body

a lot to like from those highlights. could see him being a huge piece to help with our woes against a zone defense. he’d tear it up in the high post

Nice to bring in a big we don't have to add 30 lbs to. Looks to be a legit 240-245. Has a good shooting stroke and should be up to speed because he plays against decent competition, unlike Dak or Diop did in HS.

Wonder if this is a sign that somebodies returning that we figured would be gone.

Tristan, Luke, Joe, and Cody have been the perceived 4 leaving. Wonder if that’s no longer the situation. Or if this recruits decision was independent of that.

Back