What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to other '24 TX WDE Colin Simmons

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
On3
hudl

FRnpWwiX0AAhu5w

Duncanville HS (Duncanville, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/colinsimmons__
Instagram:

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 225
40:

247s rating: 4* - 90 grade; #5 Edge (#52 overall)
ESPN rating: 5* - 90 grade; #1 DE (#7 overall)
Rivals rating: 5* - 6.1rr; #1 WDE (#1 overall)
On3 rating: 4* - 93 grade; #5 Edge (#38 overall)

247sports Composite: 5* / 0.9890 rating / #1 Edge / #17 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Florida, Florida St, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, Kansas St, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan St, Miss St, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Toledo, Tulsa, USC, USF, UTSA, FCS offers

Last edited by a moderator:
Simmons had an offer from Jackson State.

There might be something going on here. Above tweet deleted. I also found a search engine result of him retweeting the announcement about Coach Prime going to CU, but it wasn't there when I followed the link.

Need to watch what OVs he takes. We may be in this one or we may be completely outside of things. Isn't recruiting fun? :D

Simmons had an offer from Jackson State.

There might be something going on here. Above tweet deleted. I also found a search engine result of him retweeting the announcement about Coach Prime going to CU, but it wasn't there when I followed the link.

Need to watch what OVs he takes. We may be in this one or we may be completely outside of things. Isn't recruiting fun? :D
Now that we are actually in the ballpark again and have a legitimate hope of landing some of this talent, yes it is a lot of fun. My interest is active again after several years of dormancy.

At one point, per Simmons, the trip was going to help him potentially take the next step with Coach Prime's program.

"That was one of the main times they could have gotten me up there," Simmons told Newberg. "I'm sorry it didn't work out.

"I don't think Colorado will be the right choice for me. The right fit."

Simmons went on to admit NIL was a priority in his recruitment, though plenty of other factors are also among those under consideration. He added official visit destinations to Texas and LSU, with Georgia likely the next program to get one set.

If you're really that good go get NIL the way it was intended. I just don't see how you can give these high school kids millions of dollars thru collectives and have a unified team.
A 17 year old kid and his family are being told they will get mid to high six figures, if not seven figures, for coming to a school and program they would have probably been interested in without NIL.

It'd be interesting to hear how Prime responded when asked about how much CU would bring to the table

A 17 year old kid and his family are being told they will get mid to high six figures, if not seven figures, for coming to a school and program they would have probably been interested in without NIL.

It'd be interesting to hear how Prime responded when asked about how much CU would bring to the table
In no way am I faulting a kid or his family for taking money that is being offered. I'm mad at the programs that do it. It doesn't make sense to me. All for another thread probably

Pretty sure he's addressed this a couple times. He's not about the NIL. He will give you all the exposure you could ask for, TVs everywhere, daily vids with tens (hundreds) of thousands for views, probably even make some connections. But he's not interested in promising anyone cash. He's interested in winning and getting you to the NFL

Pretty sure he's addressed this a couple times. He's not about the NIL. He will give you all the exposure you could ask for, TVs everywhere, daily vids with tens (hundreds) of thousands for views, probably even make some connections. But he's not interested in promising anyone cash. He's interested in winning and getting you to the NFL
For sure, I'm just interested in how he responds directly to something like that. A 5* kid turning down an unofficial visit because he's not being presented with any NIL figures.

More thank likely that kids is going to be a huge pain in the ass anyway.
I don't really agree with that. The opportunity to take care of your family for playing college football, when going pro is far from a guarantee? There are gonna be some pains in the ass, but also a lot of people just can't turn that down

I don't really agree with that. The opportunity to take care of your family for playing college football, when going pro is far from a guarantee? There are gonna be some pains in the ass, but also a lot of people just can't turn that down
The way I look at it as I came from a middle class family that didn't have to want for much. If I was offered what some of these kids get offered, it would still seem impossible to turn down. I'm not sure age even matters here.

The reality of it is, some of these kids are getting offered a ton of money for basically being good in high school ( doing nothing imo) and you can't blame them for playing the game.

The funny thing to me is that primes “no nil” approach simply provides the largest possible spotlight. It’s on the player to go out and perform under that spotlight. This approach has given prime the #3 and #4 most valued nil players according to on3. Those players played at fcs level. Imagine the nil these kids could earn at p5 level lol.

I get that. I’m not really disparaging the kid, But the fact is very few 18 year olds are going to be handle that king of money without it changing their outlook.

On top of that, a lot of five stars don’t pan out.

I get that. I’m not really disparaging the kid, But the fact is very few 18 year olds are going to be handle that king of money without it changing their outlook.

On top of that, a lot of five stars don’t pan out.
It's fair to question if a kid who says NIL is a major factor is even playing for the right reasons 🤷.

That said...betting on yourself is hard in football. Too many chances for injury that could completely eliminate the chance at future earnings.

It's fair to question if a kid who says NIL is a major factor is even playing for the right reasons 🤷.

That said...betting on yourself is hard in football. Too many chances for injury that could completely eliminate the chance at future earnings.
Aren't they all ultimately playing for the money, whether it's now or later? I do think it's reasonable to question whether a kid will have the same motivation to keep pushing after that pay day, though. To an 18 or 19 year old kid, high six figures gives them virtually everything they want in that moment, and I doubt most are really aware of how fast it will go. They think they've already made it, and in a way they have, I guess.

Aren't they all ultimately playing for the money, whether it's now or later? I do think it's reasonable to question whether a kid will have the same motivation to keep pushing after that pay day, though. To an 18 or 19 year old kid, high six figures gives them virtually everything they want in that moment, and I doubt most are really aware of how fast it will go. They think they've already made it, and in a way they have, I guess.
Honestly, the thing I don't get about NIL, is how big of a loser do you have to be to pay millions of dollars to buy players to see your favorite college team win games 🤷.

Honestly, the thing I don't get about NIL, is how big of a loser do you have to be to pay millions of dollars to buy players to see your favorite college team win games 🤷.
This is the real question. I don't understand it from the booster side.

Back