What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Verbal to other '25 CA QB Bekkem Kritza

He's sitting behind a senior committed to UAB who is not that great. Odd choice all around given SM's mediocity the last decade.
I would say playing for a mediocre Trinity team is better than a top 5 Colorado team. Thats not to say he did not try Mater Dei, Servite, or Bosco before landing at SM

Say what you will but it’s changing. The training is much more advanced than it been in the past.
In addition to the Fairview Kid going CA, there is a freshmen maybe starting at Thunderridge, a sophomore at Vista. A 6’3 frosh with national press who just transferred from Valor to California. Creek, Legend, all have strong up and comers.
But to date, not one has blown up

I would say playing for a mediocre Trinity team is better than a top 5 Colorado team. Thats not to say he did not try Mater Dei, Servite, or Bosco before landing at SM
Not sure about that. He now sits a year and loses exposure and growth. It's not like Fairview is some lower classification unknown even if it's in Colorado. Every college coach knows Tom and his staff and it's a regular recruiting stop for D1. The dude puts out legit college QBs from an offense colleges love and trust.

Not sure about that. He now sits a year and loses exposure and growth. It's not like Fairview is some lower classification unknown even if it's in Colorado. Every college coach knows Tom and his staff and it's a regular recruiting stop for D1. The dude puts out legit college QBs from an offense colleges love and trust.
I agree with you on this. The kid doesn't do himself any favors sitting on the bench, even if it is the most famous QB league in the country.

At this point with the ease of sending game films across the web if a kid is good enough he is going to be seen. Play well at a school like Fairview, the coaches hit send and anyone in the country can take a look, and as you correctly mention those coaches are known in the college community. If they tell a college coach "This kid is worth looking at" he's going to get a look.

At the same time I know that kids and especially parents can get wrapped up in the kid getting "the best chance" to be a star at the college level but bouncing all over the country chasing football programs isn't exactly the experience I want for my kid in their high school years.

If I'm a college coach as well all this moving might be cause for hesitation in recruiting him. He never stuck with a high school how long does he last at my school.

This is a time when kids are growing and developing. Having some stability, being part of a group of friends and teammates, knowing the same girls for a couple years, developing relationships with students and staff in a school community is important, maybe more important in the long run than chasing some snaps at a higher profile program.

Never know what some of the various things mean in 247, but for what it's worth, there are no crystal balls for any team, but for some reason the only school they have listed as "warm" is Penn State.

Never know what some of the various things mean in 247, but for what it's worth, there are no crystal balls for any team, but for some reason the only school they have listed as "warm" is Penn State.
It'll be Penn State. He just got back from a visit and was raving about it.

It ain't us. Straight from his mouth.
Thanks for the info.

Can't sign em all anyway and, frankly, I'm happy with what it looks like we'll have in 2025 with our current frosh (or at least 1 here for his 3rd year as a vet), O'Neil in his 2nd year (or maybe someone else replaces him) and hopefully Hill or similar blue chip for 2025. That's going to be a good QB room in '25 which probably doesn't need another prep signing, but calls for a stud transfer if no one shines as ready to dominate in spring practices.

That won't happen. He's an extremely talented QB and has been groomed for it. He'll top out at 6'6. Leads the state in passing as Frosh. If we don't offer soon and pull out all the stops, we'll be left in the dust by all the big time programs. Our best bet is to get all over him before the rest of the country catches word of him.

He's a G5 QB. Trust me.
What changed?

Back