What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2nd half Ralphie run

wsp4820

Evan Battey Fan Account
Club Member
Junta Member
Sorry if this has been discussed already, I'm too lazy to look. But, why doesn't the team come out with Ralphie for the second half anymore. Much less energizing this way.

Maybe they are worried that they can't control her as good as they need to?

Maybe they are worried that they can't control her as good as they need to?

If that is the case, why does the team run out behind her in the 1st half? I don't understand what is different in the second half that makes her run separately from the team when they run together in the first half.

I think it is funny how fast they turn her now-- they used to let IV run close to the COLORADO endzone and the handlers all ran with her. Now they have a half dozen handlers spaced around the end of the field, so they can start herding her into the turn right after the CU logo midfield. I think it is because they can't run fast enough to keep up if she runs al the way to the endzone and back to the trailer. I think the turn slows her down some and the early turn keeps her from hitting full speed on the two straight streches.:lol:

I think it is funny how fast they turn her now-- they used to let IV run close to the COLORADO endzone and the handlers all ran with her. Now they have a half dozen handlers spaced around the end of the field, so they can start herding her into the turn right after the CU logo midfield. I think it is because they can't run fast enough to keep up if she runs al the way to the endzone and back to the trailer. I think the turn slows her down some and the early turn keeps her from hitting full speed on the two straight streches.:lol:

:yeahthat: I would love to see what she can do with no constraints. There must be some video of her running unconstrained. Especially would like to see her run with others running near her. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to look?

:yeahthat: I would love to see what she can do with no constraints. There must be some video of her running unconstrained. Especially would like to see her run with others running near her. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to look?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIm3LDjswI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIm3LDjswI&feature=related[/ame]

Yesterday before the game started the KSU captains and kicker/punter/holder/snapper came out really early.

I turned to my buddy and said, "apparently they didn't get the memo." He asked me what I meant, and I told him, "that a live ****ing buffalo was about to run out onto the field..." That was the first time I have seen any visitors come out that early before ralphie.

You could see one of the intern run over to tell them to get off of the field. The moved to the sideline and as Ralphie made her turn they moved from the front of the sideline to all the way back to the benches of their sideline (smartly). Idiots.

Last edited:
Yesterday before the game started the KSU captains and kicker/punter/holder/snapper came out really early.

I turned to my buddy and said, "apparently they didn't get the memo." He asked me what I meant, and I told him, "that a live ****ing buffalo was about to run out onto the field..." That was the first time I have seen any visitors come out that early before ralphie.

You could see one of the intern run over to tell them to get off of the field. The moved to the sideline and as Ralphie made her turn they moved from the front of the sideline to all the way back to the benches of their sideline (smartly). Idiots.

The same thing happened at the Texass game.

with Raphie IV the runners ran in boos and jeans.... with Ralphie V they run in shorts and running shoes.... she should run before the start of both halves!!! She did 2 weeks ago for the Texas game.....

with Raphie IV the runners ran in boos and jeans.... with Ralphie V they run in shorts and running shoes.... she should run before the start of both halves!!! She did 2 weeks ago for the Texas game.....

She runs at the start of both halves, but the team is not behind her at the start of the 2nd. She runs alone with the cheerleaders following her.

Back