What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2nd week in a row Greg Brown laughing it up while we get our ass kicked

Originally Posted by Buffalo Brad
combine that with wrs playing db and you get what we have on the field right now. Say what you will, but it is more than just Brown as many of you would like to believe. Cannot name a DC that would have a decent D on the field right now.

:yeahthat:

Last edited:
Fine then - if Brown is laughing because "things are so bad", then Cody and Tyler were playing leapfrog on the sideline while we were getting our ass kicked because they were so terribly frustrated that all they could do was laugh. Greg Brown should wipe that ****-eating grin off this face while his defense gets abused every week, having a ton of injuries doesn't mean he can just giggle his way to a free pass in his first season.

I disagree, the hawkins i saw at spring ball is not slower than Sandersfeld. Robert Woods beat Sandersfeld by 5 yards, thats terrible.

Just stop. Robert Woods is the best WR in the country. He makes everyone look slow.

I'm rich bitch!

Just stop. Robert Woods is the best WR in the country. He makes everyone look slow.

And Sandersfeld makes everyone look fast. There's no denying he is slow. Painfully slow.

As for Moten and Hawkins, I don't know why they aren't seeing time. But they have earlier in the season, and it's not exactly like it was the second coming of Deon Figures and Jimmy Smith out there. There is a reason why the coaches were holding auditions for DBs that produced Goodson, and it's not because they really wanted to throw a converted RB/WR out there just to see what would happen...

I'm rich bitch!

True, but i didn't see Stanford DB get beat by 5 yards last week. They should have played Hawkins, Moten or even Terrell Smith at corner. The idea of playing Sandersfeld at corner against Robert Woods, is a bad one, i don't care if he is experienced or not.

And Sandersfeld makes everyone look fast. There's no denying he is slow. Painfully slow.

As for Moten and Hawkins, I don't know why they aren't seeing time. But they have earlier in the season, and it's not exactly like it was the second coming of Deon Figures and Jimmy Smith out there. There is a reason why the coaches were holding auditions for DBs that produced Goodson, and it's not because they really wanted to throw a converted RB/WR out there just to see what would happen...

What the coaches are doing right now, is they are just embarassing Sandersfeld. Playing Sandersfeld at corner is a bad personell move.

What the coaches are doing right now, is they are just embarassing Sandersfeld. Playing Sandersfeld at corner is a bad personell move.

They have no other viable options! How ****ing dense are you?

I'm rich bitch!

Again, what are the options? Embarassing Hawkins and Moten? Embarassing Terrell Smith (who is probably even worse equipped than Sandersfeld to play corner)??

Oh wait, I forgot we have a roster loaded down with NFL draft picks at every position.... :lol:

Again, what are the options? Embarassing Hawkins and Moten? Embarassing Terrell Smith (who is probably even worse equipped than Sandersfeld to play corner)??

Oh wait, I forgot we have a roster loaded down with NFL draft picks at every position.... :lol:

The tape don't lie, Terrell smith looked better at corner against Stanford. Moten is faster than Sandersfeld. Kyle Washington played Corner in HS, and looked good playing corner. And Kyle is faster more athletic than Sandersfeld. I like Sandersfeld, but the decision to start him at corner against Woods was a bad one.

They have no other viable options! How ****ing dense are you?

I'm rich bitch!

Hawkins
Moten-younger can't play any worse than Sandersfeld, might as well give the younger guy a chance.
Kyle Washington- can also play corner, can't be any worse than Sandersfeld.
Terrell Smith- who actually started against Stanford, intercepted Luck

So plz don't give me the lame excuses that the only option we have got is Sandersfeld to play corner. The guy is a very good safety, at this point i would rather use a young guy like MOten.

Hawkins
Moten-younger can't play any worse than Sandersfeld, might as well give the younger guy a chance.
Kyle Washington- can also play corner, can't be any worse than Sandersfeld.
Terrell Smith- who actually started against Stanford, intercepted Luck

So plz don't give me the lame excuses that the only option we have got is Sandersfeld to play corner. The guy is a very good safety, at this point i would rather use a young guy like MOten.
:rofl:

Jason Espinoza intercepted Barkley, does that make him a good corner as well? Hawkins is terrible, even for a senior. Moten would do worse than Sandersfield would do, same with Washington and Smith.

Seriously, is this what some of my arguments sound like?

The tape don't lie, Terrell smith looked better at corner against Stanford. Moten is faster than Sandersfeld. Kyle Washington played Corner in HS, and looked good playing corner. And Kyle is faster more athletic than Sandersfeld. I like Sandersfeld, but the decision to start him at corner against Woods was a bad one.

Too bad Kyle got hurt in the first quarter.....

And you can keep saying "Moten Moten Moten", it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't played well when he's played either. Doesn't change the fact that Woods would have slaughtered him too.

And if Smith looked better at corner against Stanford, it's probably because Stanford doesn't have the speed at receiver that SC does. Smith has had problems at S since day 1 because of a lack of speed. You can pretend he's fast enough to play CB, but that doesn't make it true. He also has even less experience than Sandersfeld.

The fact of the matter is that anybody we put in that CB spot was going to be totally overmatched, especially once Kyle went down. Sandersfeld may have been the one who had to take the beating, but that doesn't make the other choices better players.

:rofl:

Jason Espinoza intercepted Barkley, does that make him a good corner as well? Hawkins is terrible, even for a senior. Moten would do worse than Sandersfield would do, same with Washington and Smith.

Seriously, is this what some of my arguments sound like?

I would rather play Moten let him make his mistakes let him get beat than play a Senior that is also getting beat by 5 to 10 yards. Atleast Moten will gain more experience. BTW where can i find that site that has all the 40 times for CU players. I will not be shocked to see Kyle Washington, Josh Moten, and Terrell smith have better 40 times.

Moten is more athletic that Sandersfeld but against an offense like SC he would get completely lost. Remember that Moten has been in on a couple of plays this year where his man completely lost him, by 20-25 yards.

Unfortunately there is no good answer right now so they do the best they can, to often the best they can is going to look terrible, it is just a question of what kind of terrible.

Im so sick and tired of posters giving a pass to Greg Brown's lack of recruiting. You guys will rip the kids but defend some old man defensive coach. What we hav e back there in the secondary is because of greg; brown. he can't coach his players!!!

Moten is more athletic that Sandersfeld but against an offense like SC he would get completely lost. Remember that Moten has been in on a couple of plays this year where his man completely lost him, by 20-25 yards.

Unfortunately there is no good answer right now so they do the best they can, to often the best they can is going to look terrible, it is just a question of what kind of terrible.

The coaches had him for spring ball and fall camp, are you saying they are not doing a good job coaching him up on the defensive schemes. Let him play more, what is point benching a young guy for a senior that is also getting beat by 5 to 10 yards. Coach MOten up, call plays to prevent him from being in man coverages.

Im so sick and tired of posters giving a pass to Greg Brown's lack of recruiting. You guys will rip the kids but defend some old man defensive coach. What we hav e back there in the secondary is because of greg; brown. he can't coach his players!!!

Please find the posts defending Greg Brown.

We're discussing why they played the guys they did. I, for one, don't question that the recruiting has been bad and that Brown bears some (not all) of the responsibility for that.

I'm equally sick and tired of people acting like Brown should somehow be making a great defense out of the material available to him. It's infantile.

The coaches had him for spring ball and fall camp, are you saying they are not doing a good job coaching him up on the defensive schemes. Let him play more, what is point benching a young guy for a senior that is also getting beat by 5 to 10 yards. Coach MOten up, call plays to prevent him from being in man coverages.
Just because he was there for fall and spring camp doesn't mean he understands the coverage schemes.

Guy is relatively new to the position, good athlete but no insticts. Against a complex offense like SC with their weapons he would end up entirel lost. Next year?

Just because he was there for fall and spring camp doesn't mean he understands the coverage schemes.

And just answer this question, how much experience does Sandersfeld have playing Cornerback, and why is he getting beat by 5-10 yards. How much experience does Espinoza have playing corner, how much experience do the likes of DD Goodson and Lockrdige have playing corner.

And just answer this question, how much experience does Sandersfeld have playing Cornerback, and why is he getting beat by 5-10 yards.

He has as much experience as anybody available at CB, and they would all be getting beaten by 5-10 yards.

Now just answer this question - why do you refuse to accept this?

And just answer this question, how much experience does Sandersfeld have playing Cornerback, and why is he getting beat by 5-10 yards.
Because Woods is the best WR in the country and has speed that we don't have. Not sure what's too hard to understand about that. The staff is playing the best players, which means Goodson and Espinoza are better options than Moten.

He has as much experience as anybody available at CB, and they would all be getting beaten by 5-10 yards.

Now just answer this question - why do you refuse to accept this?

I agree, might as well play the younger guy that will be here next year, give him the experience that he lacks.

We need a lot more speed in the secondary.

Oh, and players that look for the ****ing ball when it is in the air. I know we are playing inexperienced corners, but we looked oblivious to where the ball was on several plays last night.

I got the feeling that his laugh was just the futility and frustration. When things get extra stupid here in Afghanistan, I tend to laugh at it. It doesn't mean I'm happy.

sounds like my job, only more life and deathy.

We need a lot more speed in the secondary.

Oh, and players that look for the ****ing ball when it is in the air. I know we are playing inexperienced corners, but we looked oblivious to where the ball was on several plays last night.
are you saying... we need ballers?

Back