What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2nd week in a row Greg Brown laughing it up while we get our ass kicked

I'm not sure how you can say you agree with DBT in the first year. And yeah we've been blown out but who have we been playing? Oh yeah, five straight ranked teams. We've been competitive with the middle to low Pac 12 teams.

"We've been competitive with mid to low pac 12 teams." Wow, that's awesome, juice boxes for everyone.

Look we all want cu to win and get this thing turned around. You and I will argue always over this defense, especially the FRONT 7. No excuse for the defense to be this bad. They are on the verge of being the worst in every category, even worse than the fairbanks years.

When the recruiting is over, this staff and brown better bring in some BCS type talent that you say we don't have or cu has no chance of turning this around.

Most of the db's return next year, I expect brown to "Coach them up" to their full potential and right the ship, don't you?

"We've been competitive with mid to low pac 12 teams." Wow, that's awesome, juice boxes for everyone.

Look we all want cu to win and get this thing turned around. You and I will argue always over this defense, especially the FRONT 7. No excuse for the defense to be this bad. They are on the verge of being the worst in every category, even worse than the fairbanks years.

When the recruiting is over, this staff and brown better bring in some BCS type talent that you say we don't have or cu has no chance of turning this around.

Most of the db's return next year, I expect brown to "Coach them up" to their full potential and right the ship, don't you?
Yes and I've said that, many many times.

Cool, then we can stop arguing :lol:

Good lol. My main argument has to do with Jimmy and that it's tough to judge Brown or any coaches based on this year but I've almost unanimously agreed with your comments about the D.

Not a guy on a buffalo

Good lol. My main argument has to do with Jimmy and that it's tough to judge Brown or any coaches based on this year but I've almost unanimously agreed with your comments about the D.

Not a guy on a buffalo

Jimmy, myself and some others weren't real happy with brown to begin with coming back here before the season so it's not based upon just this season. I think some not all are getting to a point where waiting around for 3 years to see if things will work out with some coaches is no longer tolerable. Embree has my full support, brown on the other hand....In those immortal words....we'll see...

Jimmy, myself and some others weren't real happy with brown to begin with coming back here before the season so it's not based upon just this season. I think some not all are getting to a point where waiting around for 3 years to see if things will work out with some coaches is no longer tolerable. Embree has my full support, brown on the other hand....In those immortal words....we'll see...
Like I said, if he improves the D a lot next year, he gets another year. If not, time to find a new DC. I have a feeling it's going to be the first.

Like I said, if he improves the D a lot next year, he gets another year. If not, time to find a new DC. I have a feeling it's going to be the first.

Just curious, would you be pleased if the whole defense was the same caliber as the secondary he's recruited us? Personally that's my biggest concern as I think it's a major warning sign.

Just curious, would you be pleased if the whole defense was the same caliber as the secondary he's recruited us? Personally that's my biggest concern as I think it's a major warning sign.
As in GB landing guys like Greg Henderson or Sherrard Harrington or am I off on that?

As in GB landing guys like Greg Henderson or Sherrard Harrington or am I off on that?

Just was curious on your opinion. If you think rolling the dice and having a defense full of "diamonds in the rough" aka unranked and 2* guys is a good way to go, that's fine. My opinion is that it's clear that while this strategy does produce some surprises who turn out to be quality, it produces even more guys who aren't capable of being competitive in the Pac12.

GB may be adequate as a DB coach and DB recruiter. That jury is still out. The problem with him is he has no talent, skill, experience or mental aptitude to be a D coordinator. His inability to strategically put together a game plan, execute the plan, make the calls and adjustments necessary during the game or put guys in position to make plays is obvious. Granted, lesser talent and injuries have depleted his resources. There is no excuse to not fill gaps, basic football. There is no excuse to not play conservative in the backfield to prevent huge gains when the DBs aren't good. Offensive coordinators drool when they prepare to play CU. He has been outclassed and out coached in every game this year. That is the main reason we are getting blown out game after game. I'd give him another year as DB coach but Embree needs a real DC. This experiment needs to be over.

Last edited:
a little early to be saying these guys are quality Pac 12 players.

Do not think it is premature to laud the staff for finding Greg Henderson late in the recruiting cycle last year. I have no idea if he will ever be an all-conference player, but I think he has held up pretty well this season as a true freshman.

I would agree that the jury is out on the other DBs in that class.

Back