What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

30 second shot clock, 4 foot arc and TO reduction approved

I sat down and really tried to watch some of the NBA Playoffs this year. Couldn't do it. Yet, I can enjoy pretty much any college basketball game that my remote lands on. My fear is that the rules being crafted are trying to funnel the college game more toward the 1-on-1 style of play of the NBA.

I am definitely for the decreased number of timeouts though.

The NBA playoffs were awesome this year. The finals were spectacular, as was the first round and second round. The only round that sucked was the CFs.

By the way, whining about "1-on-1" basketball in the NBA right now just makes you look badly misinformed. Team ball is king in the NBA right now. The only counterexample is the Cavs and that was due exclusively to injuries that left Cleveland with perhaps the worst backcourt in the history of the NBA.

See the Warriors, Hawks, etc. No one is playing hero ball anymore and everyone knows it.

I stopped watching the NBA for a number of years because the Nuggets are putting out a garbage product and will continue to do so for the forseeable future because they have no long-run strategy in place and instead will eek out just enough wins to be just outside of the playoffs or barely in. I came back this year because the postseason was so strong.

Last edited:
The NBA playoffs were awesome this year. The finals were spectacular, as was the first round and second round. The only round that sucked was the CFs.

By the way, whining about "1-on-1" basketball in the NBA right now just makes you look badly misinformed. Team ball is king in the NBA right now. The only counterexample is the Cavs and that was due exclusively to injuries that left Cleveland with perhaps the worst backcourt in the history of the NBA.

See the Warriors, Hawks, etc. No one is playing hero ball anymore and everyone knows it.

I stopped watching the NBA for a number of years because the Nuggets are putting out a garbage product and will continue to do so for the forseeable future because they have no long-run strategy in place and instead will eek out just enough wins to be just outside of the playoffs or barely in. I came back this year because the postseason was so strong.

To the bold -- I totally agree. Phil Jackson has a long history of complaining to try to get rules interpretations shaded to the advantage of his team. And right now he's looking at the triangle offense being a bit antiquated. Especially frustrating to him that he had targeted Kerr to come in as his HC and run the triangle... but Kerr opted to go to Golden State instead (after Knicks ownership low-balled him in the negotiation), install a different offense, and dominate this NBA season with it. That's a slap to the monstrous Phil ego right there.

Back