What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

31 players have been drafted from that boring 2011 BCSCG between UA and LSU

I was born in Bama and a fan of Bama where CU isn't concerned, but goodness BC give it a rest.....

I have to agree. That was a **** game.

PS: more than 40 guys who appeared on rosters of the two teams for the '90 Colorado/Washington game eventually spent some time on nfl rosters.

Last edited:
Not interested in slinging mud here. This is a "he said, she said" argument.

Here is an article, lean on specifics, but nonetheless, from one of "y'alls" websites - BamaHammer.
http://bamahammer.com/2013/02/28/al...-roster-cuts-are-part-of-nick-sabans-process/

Did you bother to read the article? We can watch and see if any player's scholly is 'pulled'. Players are given medical scholarships, kicked off the team for violation of team rules, and asked to greyshirt. Nobody is left not knowing their status. When kids are signed they are gold they may have to greyshirt.

The google is hard...and hey, an article articulating what I was saying...curse you inner webs!!!!
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21733077

13:02:19-Oversigning_Index_Large.jpg

If all else fails, it comes down to making cuts, preferably in a fashion that doesn't involve actually having to say, "you're cut," which Saban adamantly denies he has ever done.

Yeah, plausible deniability, from the Dick Nixon school of ethics. But if it quacks like a duck...he is still treating college players like free agents. Play semantics if it helps you justify feeding the factory. Saban's DoFO probably has to play the Turk.

Saban has never played the role of chest thumping douche. Charlie, you should take note. When you get to the top, the biggest rookie ****wad move is to point it out for everyone to see. Harvey Up**** would be proud of you.

Saban has never played the role of chest thumping douche. Charlie, you should take note. When you get to the top, the biggest rookie ****wad move is to point it out for everyone to see. Harvey Up**** would be proud of you.

Charlie /pwned

It took 49 posts for someone to point this out. I thought it was going to fall to me, but Gold did it with a panache I could have only hoped to achieve. Rep.

Since the days of Kordell? Absolutely. Directly correlated to the decline of our program. In the glory days of the 90s, we lived on Prop 48/42 partial qualifiers and athletic academic exceptions for a percentage of players. Since then, we also became sticklers on abiding by all NCAA regulations to the letter. Of course, that was before APR. That caught up with us since CU can be a tough place for someone who wants an "athlete path" toward staying eligible.

Needless to say, we're bitter fans. It would be the best of both worlds if we can get the program to where it was by also being white knights. But we question whether that's possible.
The NCAA's stupid academic rules end up hurting schools like CU and helping the likes of the SEC. Ridiculous.

The NCAA's stupid academic rules end up hurting schools like CU and helping the likes of the SEC. Ridiculous.

Academic smack talk is lame, imo. I'm sure there are plenty of highly respected programs at SEC schools. I can think of maybe a handful of schools that are strong across all fields of study (i.e. Stanford-caliber schools).

Academic smack talk is lame, imo. I'm sure there are plenty of highly respected programs at SEC schools. I can think of maybe a handful of schools that are strong across all fields of study (i.e. Stanford-caliber schools).
The smack talk is against the NCAA, not the SEC so much. To me, the playing field has been tilted.

saban's methods work.

i wish he'd stop sacrificing virgins and infidels on a fiery pyre of dead puppies every full moon, however. that seems a bit excessive.

ironically most of times Pete Carrol's USC teams played the SEC they won by well more than 20...

They played a bunch of average teams. If you want to beat your chest about beating arky by 20-have at it.

Individual Game Results of Southern California (vs SEC)

Date Opponent (record) Result Score Site
9/2/2006 @ Arkansas (10-4) W 50 14
9/17/2005 vs. Arkansas (4-7) W 70 17
8/30/2003 @ Auburn (8-5) W 23 0
9/2/2002 vs. Auburn (9-4) W 24 17

Take Stanford out of the P12 and you guys are the B12 again.

Back