What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

31 players have been drafted from that boring 2011 BCSCG between UA and LSU

Neither did Redford. And Bama's author of To Kill A Mockingbird, arguably the most famous on the RMFT list didn't graduate from UA, either.

Plus the "didn't graduate" card was played in order to justify putting Bernie Madoff on Bama's ledger. Who woulda thunk someone walking the hallowed grounds of Tuscaloosa could ever cheat like Bernie?

Madoff is a bigger POS than Harvey Up****.

Harvey didn't attend UA.

i remember Bama Charlie was well behaved and liked being over here instead of running the train on the SEC rails hype (blow) job. wtf?

we got our problems BC....we don't care about the self-fellatio you SEC types seem to run every board i go to. go for it. why not act like you've been there before.....

I was well liked before UA got CNS and you guys got CTAI.

You should add George Wallace to the list-he was the last POTUS candidate not affiliated with the two major parties to win a state.

those forbes rankings are psychotic weird. all the "rankings" are moronic....but the Forbes has some crazy stuff. we have done this a thousand times.....if BC is rolling (tide) with forbes as his "go to"....put that ignore.

US News is dumb too....but somehow authoritative. to the right lemmings. like top 40 music.

if you are in a class with 250 people taking an econ 1001 or chem class out of a textbook....ain't gonna be some magical difference in Berkeley or Stillwater.

I only looked up Forbes because of you said that USNWR sucked.

Dear Skidmark,

It looks like you pulled all your information from wikipedia which was started by a UA grad. Irony.

Your Pal,

BC

All is a big word. You posted yet another falsehood. A Bama fan that prevaricates...go figure.

Wiki was one of many sources. I posted other source URLs for you to fact check, not that you have the academic rigor to do so.

To be clear, I never asserted that Up**** was a UA alum. Go show where I did.
i mearly pointed out that Madoff was a bigger POS than Up****.

I also enjoyed editing the CU wiki page to update the national championship tally to include the CU ski team's 19th natty. Has any athletic department at Bama ever won 19 national titles?

Enjoy what is left of your Sunday.

I think what it boils down to is that CU and schools like it are, pretty much, out of the picture to win a National Championship. The playing field is so tilted now that it just isn't really possible. I shouldn't say it isn't possible. Unlikely. So, maybe our expectations should be to compete in conference and to achieve a good bowl game. Hopefully a playoff system will help level things out a bit.

Jesus Christ. When did we turn into Cal fans? Mods, can we make this thread disappear before that troll LiverFlukes discovers it and links it to Bear Insider? There isn't much time!

The people that voted for George Wallace became the 'Reagan Democrats' which are now the 'red states' or the old Confederacy. FWIW the last time GGW was elected he won the African-American vote.

not true at all....what you are referring to is the old "southern strategy" of electoral politics. a lot of the Reagan Democrats were west of the Mississippi, north of the Mason-Dixon line, in the Great Lakes and so-called Rust Belt.

not true at all....what you are referring to is the old "southern strategy" of electoral politics. a lot of the Reagan Democrats were west of the Mississippi, north of the Mason-Dixon line, in the Great Lakes and so-called Rust Belt.

Sorry I did not mean to imply there were not Reagan Democrats outside of the south. The 'southern strategy', states that Wallace carried, the Reagan Democrats of the South, and the new GOP Solid South are all the same folks or their kids.

This thread is still alive? Not only that we have a George Wallace reset? Off season is brutal...

This thread is still alive? Not only that we have a George Wallace reset? Off season is brutal...

I left off governors and most US representatives from the political list for a reason....

Charlie took the bait. His logical next stop is to make a case as to how Alabama grads single handedly invented civil rights.

i would like to remind posters than mr. charlie was unable to discern the difference between "revenue" and "profit" in an earlier thread. abstract, non-linear thinking can prove to be difficult for him to follow.

i suggest you all use smaller words and try make the examples "real" for him.

for example:

"i can't help myself. let me try a different approach...

suppose you spend 10 dollars on cotton seeds. and it costs you 3 dollars to harvest your cotton using your cotton gin and whatnot. say further that the carpetbagger who comes around every month offers you 15 dollars for all of said cotton. your REVENUE is 15 bucks. your EXPENSES are 13 bucks. your NET INCOME is 2 bucks. ... which allows you to build a new shanty down by the river so that you have a place to fish for catfish in the hot sun."

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/69890-Hey-BamaCharlie/page4?highlight=revenue+profit+charlie

does that help?

Academic standards are not the boogeymen at CU.

Agree. There are issues from the academic side that hurt us, but we spin it in a way that makes it sound like we think of CU as "Harvard of the Rockies". The issues are mostly about CU offering 1/3 to 1/2 the number of majors as competing universities, which reduces options for transferring credits (kills us on jucos) and also can hurt in recruiting. Another issue has been academic support/tutoring for athletes, but this has largely been resolved with recent investments. But we need to stop pretending that we're only recruiting Rhodes Scholars.

i would like to remind posters than mr. charlie was unable to discern the difference between "revenue" and "profit" in an earlier thread. abstract, non-linear thinking can prove to be difficult for him to follow.

i suggest you all use smaller words and try make the examples "real" for him.

for example:

"i can't help myself. let me try a different approach...

suppose you spend 10 dollars on cotton seeds. and it costs you 3 dollars to harvest your cotton using your cotton gin and whatnot. say further that the carpetbagger who comes around every month offers you 15 dollars for all of said cotton. your REVENUE is 15 bucks. your EXPENSES are 13 bucks. your NET INCOME is 2 bucks. ... which allows you to build a new shanty down by the river so that you have a place to fish for catfish in the hot sun."

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/69890-Hey-BamaCharlie/page4?highlight=revenue+profit+charlie

does that help?

Have you been hanging around here to play this song again for six months?

Back