What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

4-0 #23 Colorado Buffaloes v 5-0 Air Force Falcons - GAME THREAD

Yeah zone defenses are tricky with the way we are built. I love our guards but tonight was the first night I saw them passing well into the post and Scott dominated. In previous games, it reminded me of Dirk and the Mavs when Stackhouse, Harris, and Terry failed to get the ball into Dirk in good position and he struggled to ever find his rhythm. If they run the ball through Scott early and he learns to pass it out of double teams, we will have cut down on a major weakness in previous years, which was easy halfcourt offense when defenses slow us down in March.

We do turn the ball over too much but almost identically to the Nuggets, we run a fast offense with lots of passing and creation from guards. Our depth and conditioning are what makes it unfair to play in Boulder. Just kind of a risk with the offensive styles.

^This

With as skilled of player as Scott is the ball needs to go inside out a lot more than it does now. XJ had a feed in the first half into the post I remember and Scott made a nice move to the basket and finished with his left. If that double team is going to come it is going to come from that entry passes players defender, leaving open threes and easier penetration into the lane. But the ball HAS to go into Scott more for this to happen.

last play: Ski has the ball on a clear breakaway, easy dunk, with 25 seconds left. Instead, he pulls up, backs the ball up and runs out the clock. Great sportsmanship, that will get him a lot friends, from players and coaches, in the media and in the award voting too. Nicce to see
Heh Tad told him to do it. But Ski clearly had thought it was right.

Air Force is a very solid team, if they make some noise in the MWC they could be dancing as well. This isn't your typical AF team either, I was stunned by the pace. They're not talented enough to stay with CU at that pace though. I'd like to think that will help them with the altitude as the year goes along but half the conference plays at altitude, so I'll just hope their discipline and shooting carries them to lots of MWC victories.

I thought this was our most impressive performance so far. The team stayed discipline throughout the game and eventually pulled away. Seems like we can expect improvement week to week with this squad.

Back