What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

4 Crimson Tide FB players arrested

Even though this picture of Harvey Up**** is really not a fark... it's a fark.

memazyta.jpg

Where did you get the suspension is over? They are banned from campus. Which four guys before? Which four guys before that?

Now ask if I ****ed my sister today and upload a stupid fark.
So, are they in class with Johnny Manziel?

All four players dismissed from team. Danny Woodson JR is suspended for violation of team rules. Our magic number is now four.

HURT: Dismissed players need to learn from mistakesCecil Hurt
TideSports.com Columnist

Talk about it in Talk of Champions

The four University of Alabama football players arrested on Feb. 11 are, in Nick Saban's words, "no longer associated with the football team."

That comes as no surprise. No one seriously thought any of the four - Eddie Williams, D.J. Pettway, Tyler Hayes and Brent Calloway - would be playing for the Crimson Tide in 2013, given the seriousness of the criminal charges they face. Yet there was an immediate uproar, at least in some circles, that Saban didn't act first and ask questions later. That might have been the most dramatic path - but it might not have been the best.

In the 16 days that passed while the players were "indefinitely suspended," none of the four played or practiced football. Meanwhile, during that time, Saban got to meet with all the players, and their parents. "We met with everybody," he said.

He got a chance to determine precisely who was involved with what and look at their futures, not as Alabama football players, but as individuals. In the meantime, the official university procedures designed both to protect the student body at large and to respect the rights of the accused were able to unfold. In other words, two weeks did not cause the world to end.

The situation was bad for everyone involved - first and foremost, the victims. No one should lose sight of them. Beyond that, the accused have squandered an opportunity that thousands of individuals would love to have, not just wearing the Alabama uniform but, more importantly, the free college education. Their families have endured more and likely still face a painful and potentially expensive trip though the legal process.

They also left Saban in a no-win situation by leaving him no choice. He took some criticism, not a withering blast but a few swipes, because he didn't throw the four out the door immediately. Two weeks later, he is taking at least a few hits for dismissing them at all, at least from some journalists who relate the dismissals to Alabama's roster management. (I assume those individuals would feel better if the four had been kept on, which doesn't make much sense.)

Roster management is a valid issue but had nothing to do with this announcement, which was made as part of a review of several personnel items by Saban on Wednesday morning.

Will any of the four ever play football again? It depends on the outcome of their legal journey, of course. There might still be an athletic future for one or two, perhaps after a transfer or a junior college stop and a fairly lengthy probationary period. There might not. Jail remains a possibility. Whatever happens, the future does not depend entirely on the four players themselves - they ceded that control by their actions. But their entire future, athletic or not, depends on what they learn from this incident.

"Some learn by words, some learn by consequences and some can't learn at all," Saban said Wednesday.

The consequences have already been harsh, and should be harsher. But if they can't learn at all from it, that would be the worst outcome of all.

This recent development is gonna undermine some serious mudslinging in the future. ****.

I thought elections had consequences? Did they vote?

Also, is this the last four or the other four?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

FWIW I am facebook friends with Harvey.
You should tell him how to put gasoline in a new lawn mower and pull the start cord or press the start button. He bought 5 lawn mowers and returned all 5 because he could not get them to start. Got arrested for making a disturbance at the store. My guess is he graduated from Bama, and his reading skills are limited.Harvey.jpg
He should get that carcinoma checked out in the middle of his nose, or is that just a bougger.

[video]http://www.celebuzz.com/video-post/splash-exclusive-miss-alabama-katharine-webb-does-10-meter-dive/[/video]

Back