What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gone 4 CU Football Tickets to Nebraska CU on 9/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffGator

New to the forum and new to Boulder. I was recently accepted to grad school at CU. My wife and I wanted to take our kids to as many games as possible. Is there a way to purchase tickets for the family through the school? If not, any good pointers on picking up tickets that aren’t overly expensive? In Gainesville, we could pick up tickets from alums pretty easy on game day but it’s been a while since we’ve been to a game (we move a lot - military family). Any help would be much appreciated.

New to the forum and new to Boulder. I was recently accepted to grad school at CU. My wife and I wanted to take our kids to as many games as possible. Is there a way to purchase tickets for the family through the school? If not, any good pointers on picking up tickets that aren’t overly expensive? In Gainesville, we could pick up tickets from alums pretty easy on game day but it’s been a while since we’ve been to a game (we move a lot - military family). Any help would be much appreciated.
What’s your MOS?

You should get tix to the Air Force game. No reasonable tickets to be had for the Nebraska game; but there will be an assload of tickets from sad-panda Husker fans that bought season tickets to Buffs games just so they could secure the one game they care about. Once they lose at Folsom, they'll look to offload. Hell, they might give them to you.

Next year, you can look for family-pack season tickets for you and the kids. They're a screaming deal.

You should get tix to the Air Force game. No reasonable tickets to be had for the Nebraska game; but there will be an assload of tickets from sad-panda Husker fans that bought season tickets to Buffs games just so they could secure the one game they care about. Once they lose at Folsom, they'll look to offload. Hell, they might give them to you.

Next year, you can look for family-pack season tickets for you and the kids. They're a screaming deal.
That’s really helpful - appreciate it. We figured Nebraska would be a tough ticket but we’re holding out hope. USAFA would be a good first game if Nebraska doesn’t work out. I’m guessing it wouldn’t be as crowded either.

Does Boulder allow scalping? Thought about wandering around the stadium hunting for tickets.

That’s really helpful - appreciate it. We figured Nebraska would be a tough ticket but we’re holding out hope. USAFA would be a good first game if Nebraska doesn’t work out. I’m guessing it wouldn’t be as crowded either.

Does Boulder allow scalping? Thought about wandering around the stadium hunting for tickets.

There will be many tickets available for sale at a premium.

You might just try to see if there are Family season packages still available here: https://cubuffs.com/sports/2017/7/28/ticket-information-request-form.aspx
I think they require 2 adults +2 kids but the price for the 2017 season (minus the CSU game) was about $325, which was completely reasonable. Not the best seats but still a great time at Folsom. Because of the NU game this year I don't know if it was even available; I didn't get it this season because I moved out of the country.

@BuffGator I was going to suggest the student sale, but I am not sure if you can get tickets for the rest of the family. Might just try calling the ticket office directly to see what the policy is for grad students with family.

As a grad student you can purchase a student sports pass, and your wife can purchase a “grad student spouse sports pass”- 2 seasons ago it was ~$150 and covered football and basketball. Our kids were too young at the time so I don’t think we looked into it very seriously, but I do not think there is anything similar for kids.

Also, given it’s against Nebraska, I’m not sure it will be entirely family friendly. My recommendation would be to pick a different game.

There will be many tickets available for sale at a premium.

You can get tickets to all four home conference games easily right now. I'd recommend jumping on those. I would think there will be a fair amount of AFA people at Folsom when they come too.

Sign the kids up for Chip's Club. They get to go to the AFA game free, plus a bunch of other stuff, and you can get discounted tickets to most of them as well (but not Nebraska).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back