What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

4 Oklahoma player suspended.

FLounder

Most Hated Poster of the Year 2016, 2018, 2022
Club Member
ESPN just broke news that Ole' Bobby suspended 4 players. "Four Oklahoma football players, including receivers Jaz Reynolds,
Trey Franks and Kameel Jackson, have been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops
announced Wednesday night."

Now Sooner insiders tell me that Franks is out all season and Reynolds is out for about 7 games.
And Jackson just tweeted hes transferring out. Reynolds started 6 games and was the 3rd leading receiver on the team.
Jackson started the Insight Bowl. Given our skimpy depth at WR, would you want the coaching staff to recruit any of these guys?

IMO I would target Reynolds, but if he doesnt want to transfer out then I believe Jackson would still be a major upgrade.

Jackson was a 4* WR (c/o 11') - 6'0"
ESPN- http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/101255/kameel-jackson

Reynolds was (c/o 09') - 6'3"
ESPN- http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/58704/jazmon-reynolds

I don't know. If Stoops is willing to punish them that severely, they must have done something pretty bad. Would you really want to take something like that on?

If any could play this year... Yes. Otherwise, don't see a lot of value in a transfer

I don't know. If Stoops is willing to punish them that severely, they must have done something pretty bad. Would you really want to take something like that on?

Paul Richardson....

Paul Richardson....

I think there is a difference between UCLA and OU. I also think there is a difference between a player who just got on campus and hasn't even started fall practice and a player who has been in the program for a while.

Jackson tweeted he was transferring to A&M several days ago and it sounded like A&M was not interested.

Media sources are reporting all have been suspended for violating team rules -- http://newsok.com/ou-football-trey-franks-jaz-reynolds-among-four-suspended/article/3674029. Here's a synopsis for those who are "click" challenged:

Trey Franks (wr) -- suspended 2 games last year for violating "unspecified" team rules.

Jaz Reynolds (wr) -- suspended for insensitive tweets about the gunman at UT; redshirted that year. Suspended 1 game last year for violating team rules.

Jameel Jackson (wr) -- didn't participate in spring practices this year, reasons were not given. He then announced he was transferring to ATM. gAggies claimed the his announcement was the first they'd heard of his transfer intentions.

from behind the scenes: (warning *** rumor alert ***)
1. DB Hayes couldn't get/earn playing time. 2. This was NOT strike one for any of the 3 receivers. Word on the streets is that these suspensions are for continued MJ use. Another rumor has it that drug tests may have played a role.

Stooopsy is doing a little house cleaning down Norman way.

What do you have to do to get booted from the Sooners? My guess is the threshold for bad behavior is lower in Norman than Boulder. PRich was a special case. He was pretty mild on the bad-o-meter. My guess is these guys are probably higher than Bob Marley 24/7. That is not going to work at CU, unless you are a non student athlete, where it would be a badge of honor.

Back