What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

5 Questions: your predictions for the 2017 class

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
1. Which JUCO recruit will make the biggest impact in the 2017 season?

2. Which prep recruit will make the biggest impact in the 2017 season?

3. When we look back in 4 or 5 years, who will be the guy who had the best career?

4. Who is most likely to become a team captain or win the Buffalo Heart Award?

5. Who is the "sleeper" recruit who is going to be the biggest surprise?

1. Gotta go Edwards here.
2. Sparaco.
3. Chris Miller.
4. Lytle.
5. Isaiah Lewis.

1. Edwards, ez. Wigley should too, but Edwards is a shoe in to start at NT to start the season.

2. I'll go with Poplawski here. I don't think anyone returning at TE has proven much other than they're unreliable so the staff might be very open to the new guy.

3. I really like Lytle here. It'll be hard for him to surpass Montez, but if he's patient, I think we could be looking at a high NFL draft pick.

4. Van Diest stands out. Seems like he was one of the early ones in the group chat and just seems to love CU.

5. Lewis. Mac and crew seem to squeeze every bit of ability out of DBs.

1. Edwards
2. Miller - Think we could see him get some time at DB and potentially as a returner. Runner-up is Polley.
3. Viska2Live - Think Shenault is going to be one of the better receivers to come through the program. Also think Morretti and Polley have the chance to have special careers.
4. Van Diest - Been the heart and soul of the recruiting class, the one who started it all (w Sparaco)
5. Hard to think of a sleeper in this class, but I guess I'll say Lewis, cause not many are talking about him.

1. Edwards
2. Wells on special teams
3. Moretti
4. Van Diest or Sparaco
5. Olver or Sami. would wells be considered a sleeper?

1. Edwards
2. Polley
3. Polley
4. Van Diest
5. Callier

I think we recruited 4 linemen with all conference potential, and I think Polley is the best of the bunch. I went Callier because the more I saw of him, the more I think he can refine his body and step into the McCartney role and be better than Derek even.

Will be fun to see it all play out. Boy was I excited to see Clark Evans back in '09, hmm.

1. Dante Wigley - Looks like an athlete and fierce competitor. Our staff has proven adept at coaching up DB's

2. Polley / also have a sneaky suspicion Fontenot sees the field and becomes valuable in spots behind Lindsay.

3. Jaylon Jackson. Had he played his Jr. and Sr. year, I believe he'd of had a chance to be a top 50 type recruit. When another smallish receiver Ted Ginn Jr. was a #2 overall behind AP he was running a 10.5 100m, Jackson matched that coming off his first ACL. Make no mistake, he's not track guy, he's a football guy with football speed and vision.

4. Van Diest / Nixon - Heart Guys

5. JALEN SAMI - His name first appears to all of us at the 11th hour and uh... WOW. big, huge, athletic, nobody knew of this dude??? WOW.

Will be fun to see it all play out. Boy was I excited to see Clark Evans back in '09, hmm.

1. Dante Wigley - Looks like an athlete and fierce competitor. Our staff has proven adept at coaching up DB's

2. Polley / also have a sneaky suspicion Fontenot sees the field and becomes valuable in spots behind Lindsay.

3. Jaylon Jackson. Had he played his Jr. and Sr. year, I believe he'd of had a chance to be a top 50 type recruit. When another smallish receiver Ted Ginn Jr. was a #2 overall behind AP he was running a 10.5 100m, Jackson matched that coming off his first ACL. Make no mistake, he's not track guy, he's a football guy with football speed and vision.

4. Van Diest / Nixon - Heart Guys

5. JALEN SAMI - His name first appears to all of us at the 11th hour and uh... WOW. big, huge, athletic, nobody knew of this dude??? WOW.
@bcs.

Wigley
Pop
Shenault
Jaylon J
Jaylon Jackson. Mostly because he has been forgotten about due to injury and the other WR's

3. When we look back in 4 or 5 years, who will be the guy who had the best career?

#1 - Shamar Hamilton. Sack machine.

#2 - Grant Polley can step in and play RG.

#3 - Jake Moretti will be a 1st round pick. Lytle might be right behind him!

#4 - Van Beast! The guy is relentless.

#5 - Nate Landman will be a 4 year starter and all American. Solid LB.

#1 I like Javier Edwards to come in here and essentially duplicate what we saw from Tupou. I think he has the skill and body to do that immediately.

#2 I'm hoping Grant Polley or Jake Moretti is able to compete to be a starter and make a huge impact immediately. I think both of these guys are ready right now. I'd give the edge to Moretti though. He is an absolute stud.

#3 I'm gonna go with Chris Miller here. I think he comes up and competes with Wigley and Julmisse for playing time this year, and grabs a starting role sophomore year with no looking back. Shutdown corner by junior year. Lytle, Nixon, Shenault, and Moretti all come to mind here.

#4 Tyler Lytle. I love what I see from him, and I loved how he impacted the recruiting trail in 2017. Numerous other guys have stepped forward too, like Van Diest, Maurice Bell, Shenault, and others.

#5 I think Alex Fontenot could see time as a relief for Lindsay this season, and I hope we see flashes of strong potential there. Big position of need after Lindsay leaves.

* Without question it better be Edwards or else our DL is going to get pushed around. He's not going to put up the best numbers, but as long as he's getting a push on the pocket and tying up 2-3 blockers every play that's exactly what the defense needs and what he was brought in to do.
* Another easy call for me at this point: Nixon. He might not put up huge numbers on offense, but what he offers potentially in the return game and change of pace back is huge. Let him rip off a couple of returns for TD's and then watch people start kicking away from him, which leads to good field position.
* Moretti. He has an edge to him, a feistiness to win battles and enforce his will on people. I'm guessing there's a good chance he might even redshirt this year and then be a 3-4 year starter at tackle, but if you have a really good line and one person enforcing his will across the line and upholding a standard, than that really good line becomes a great line. This OL class might be phenomenal, but it's going t take that one person to instill his will on the line: Moretti.
* Really could go to a number of players, but I'm going to go with Lytle, who will guide this team to a PAC-12 title (fingers crossed) as the leader of the team at QB. He seems to already want that responsibility.
* You almost have to go with Sami. He came out of nowhere and is massive, athletic and strong. If he develops and embraces the S&C program he could be a beast.

I chose not to pick Moretti simply because he is coming off an injury, and I think between Haigler, Miller, Vaughn, Middlemiss, and Lytle, I think we actually have some good tackles in the system. Was surprised Moretti is only 6'4" as well.

1. Edwards is the easy pick here

2. K.D. Nixon - potential K/R P/R threat, and speed at the slot that we have never had.

3. Grant Polley - linemen never get enough love

4. Sparaco - I think he will surprise all with his dedication

5. Sami = Tupou. They have a lot of similarities in recruiting/stars/high school film/competition. If he is a guy who can man the NT for 3 solid years with high production, he is extremely valuable.

1. Which JUCO recruit will make the biggest impact in the 2017 season? Definitely Edwards, maybe Wigley depending on how ready he is.
2. Which prep recruit will make the biggest impact in the 2017 season? Polley will start at guard.
3. When we look back in 4 or 5 years, who will be the guy who had the best career? Tyler Lytle
4. Who is most likely to become a team captain or win the Buffalo Heart Award? Van Diest or Isiah Lewis
5. Who is the "sleeper" recruit who is going to be the biggest surprise? Sami

1. Edwards/Wigley - Both will probably start and play a ton
2. Moretti - Think he starts at RG in 2017
3. Chris Miller - With his crazy athleticism I think he becomes an all american. Guy has all of the tools.
4. Van Diest - He will have a similar career as Lindsay and will be a fan favorite.
5. Isaiah Lewis - MM seems to really love Lewis' potential. I completely trust MM in this area.

1.) Wigley - He will face more competition than the DL Jucos, but he looks the most ready to play.
2.) Landman - Wondering if Addison is 100% sure to be back. If Addison is back, I say Nixon.
3.) Van Diest - He will recover nicely from H.S. Injuries and has sick athleticism for a Mike LB.
4.) Sparaco - Recruiting leader, moved 2,000 miles from home to work on his game at IMG. Seems mentally tough.
5.) George - Mac compared him to Ahkello about 5 times at presser.

Not to deviate from the template too much, but I think that Polley, Moretti and one or both of the JC DBs are going to rock Folsom in their times. I like Sami as a Monster Sleeper…

Hoping MM's re-construction of the D-coaching staff works out. It's fun to bash MFJL but he will be missed.

1. Which JUCO recruit will make the biggest impact in the 2017 season? Edwards
2. Which prep recruit will make the biggest impact in the 2017 season? Landman
3. When we look back in 4 or 5 years, who will be the guy who had the best career? Van BEAST or Moretti if he stays healthy
4. Who is most likely to become a team captain or win the Buffalo Heart Award? Lytle will be a team captain once he is a starter
5. Who is the "sleeper" recruit who is going to be the biggest surprise? Sami

1. Edwards
2. Nixon
3. Moretti
4. Polley
5. Olver

1. Edwards, but suspect Mulumba and George will be right there.
2. Lewis, with Newman as runnerup.
3. Chris Miller. The highest rated DB Coach Mac has ever recruited.
4. Van Diest.
5. Sparaco. Still new to his position, has shown he is willing to do extra to get better.

1. Which JUCO recruit will make the biggest impact in the 2017 season? Edwards, he just has to be that guy.
2. Which prep recruit will make the biggest impact in the 2017 season? Nixon, special teams help and do it all on offense
3. When we look back in 4 or 5 years, who will be the guy who had the best career? Sparaco/Callier
4. Who is most likely to become a team captain or win the Buffalo Heart Award? Lytle/Jackson
5. Who is the "sleeper" recruit who is going to be the biggest surprise? George

1. Edwards, but suspect Mulumba and George will be right there.
2. Lewis, with Newman as runnerup.
3. Chris Miller. The highest rated DB Coach Mac has ever recruited.
4. Van Diest.
5. Sparaco. Still new to his position, has shown he is willing to do extra to get better.
Newman?

Back