What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

5 Reasons CU beats UDub

Deleted member 807

1. Leo Jackson Jr. - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He is a senior now and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - They average a weight of 287 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Irwin, Kough, Lynott, Huckins, Haigler etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. DJ Elliot & ShaDon Brown - New Defensive coaches and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Leavitt and Elliott, we will see a much improved defense on 9/22.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest CU team has been in a long time. Isiah Oliver, Devon Ross, Shay Fields, Tray Udoffia, Juwann Winfree, Bryce Bobo, Jay MacIntyre etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that they haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think CU can dominate the time of possession stat. The more they can shorten the game and keep their defense off of the field, the better chance they have to win the game.

1. Buffalo vs dog - you do the math
2. Best O coordinator in the world x2
3. "Folsom Magic"
4. We have - The Kid from El Paso
5. MM > peterson

Not a motivation issue, of course, but I don't think it's a stretch to say they haven't been showing their entire offense through the first 3 games.

I really hope you're right.

I thought that may be the case after CSU, but I'm not so sure. I think we just weren't executing.

I really hope you're right.

I thought that may be the case after CSU, but I'm not so sure. I think we just weren't executing.
I just don't know why it's so hard for people to believe that it's a possibility. Just because CU hasn't attempted a fake punt yet or any kind of trick plays on offense, do people not believe they have them in the playbook? Defensive coaches game plan and scout opposing offenses by blocking schemes, route combinations, individual player and play calling tendencies, etc. Washington boat raced this team last year and you don't think there have been any new offensive wrinkles or packages installed since then, and if you do, you think they've just gone ahead and put everything they have on film against 3 weak OOC opponents? I get that execution has been an issue at times through the first three games, but I am amazed by how many people simply don't believe this is possible.

I'm amazed that you seem to think we have been holding back a significant part of our playbook.

I just don't know why it's so hard for people to believe that it's a possibility. Just because CU hasn't attempted a fake punt yet or any kind of trick plays on offense, do people not believe they have them in the playbook? Defensive coaches game plan and scout opposing offenses by blocking schemes, route combinations, individual player and play calling tendencies, etc. Washington boat raced this team last year and you don't think there have been any new offensive wrinkles or packages installed since then, and if you do, you think they've just gone ahead and put everything they have on film against 3 weak OOC opponents? I get that execution has been an issue at times through the first three games, but I am amazed by how many people simply don't believe this is possible.
Tschek has repeated multiples times that CU has had the playbook closed the last 3 weeks. They started opening it up in the 2nd half against UNC just a little on offense, and here were the results:
  • 7 plays, 55 yards - fumble by Adkins
  • 9 plays, 44 yards - FG (holding call stopped the drive)
  • 6 plays, 13 yards - punt (holding call stopped the drive)
  • 10 plays, 85 yards - TD
  • 9 plays, 44 yards - FG

Funny how the offense clicks just fine (minus the turnover and two holding penalties) when we run more than a half a dozen plays from the playbook.

Lindgren had our offense humming last year when Liufau was healthy. He did a great job adjusting the playbook to Montez's abilities when he had time to game plan for it. I'll worry about Lindgren if we suck ass the next two weeks, but it isn't even floating around my gray matter right now.

I'm amazed that you seem to think we have been holding back a significant part of our playbook.
I have never said a significant part. The bread and butter of the offense is what it is, but why is it so hard to believe there could be some new wrinkles and more "Chev concepts" installed this offseason that they haven't utilized yet because it hasn't made sense to do so? Nobody that's laughed at this notion has provided a logical rebuttal as to why this just can't possibly be the case and how amazingly stupid I am for thinking it. You wanna take a stab, Sacky?

I have never said a significant part. The bread and butter of the offense is what it is, but why is it so hard to believe there could be some new wrinkles and more "Chev concepts" installed this offseason that they haven't utilized yet because it hasn't made sense to do so? Nobody that's laughed at this notion has provided a logical rebuttal as to why this just can't possibly be the case and how amazingly stupid I am for thinking it. You wanna take a stab, Sacky?
I start with the assumption that you're amazingly stupid and work from that point forward. It's a system that seems to work.

I really don't care if they have a few plays up their sleeve. In the end it is all about executing your assignments. You do that you will be okay.

Back