What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

6/22 Weekend Official Visit Thread

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
It's a little early but 6/22 is shaping up to be the second big recruiting weekend of the month. There are possibly more official visitors but some of them that we know so far include:

MeKhi Blackmon

Jack Bradley

Don Chapman

Kyle Ford

Datona Jackson (JC)

Cam'Ron Johnson

Carl Jones

Skylar Loving-Black

Spencer Lytle

Jaren Mangham

Mark Perry

LaCarea Pleasant-Johnson

Ethan Rae

Titus Toler

We haven't yet secured a commit this month but I'd be very surprised it we don't have one or two after these visits. Post any updates in here and let's go!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

They should bring back Ty Evans for this weekend and really try to get him involved in recruiting #CUin19. I'm not sure what the NCAA rules are for that though...

I think getting Kyle Ford is the key for this class. I think if we can get him, we have good chances for Ethan Rae. If we can somehow end up with both of them, I think this class will have a lot of hype around it, and more recruits will follow.

I would think a QB, WR, and TE like Evans, Ford, and Rae would definitely convince some OL to join. That would be a dynamic offensive core to build around. DL not so much.

True, although the top OL recruits we are after kinda all seem to be pretty unique cases.

Are we one of a few teams taking advantage of the early visits? Are teams holding back waiting for "last visit wins"?
Most of these guys are not scheduled anywhere else at this point including high profile guys.

Are we one of a few teams taking advantage of the early visits? Are teams holding back waiting for "last visit wins"?
Most of these guys are not scheduled anywhere else at this point including high profile guys.

Most teams are still waiting until the season to host. But Oklahoma had a huge OV weekend to coincide with their Spring Game and USC is hosting several visitors next weekend.

MM needs to get over his aversion to in-season visits. We need to be getting in as many visitors as possible.

Most teams are still waiting until the season to host. But Oklahoma had a huge OV weekend to coincide with their Spring Game and USC is hosting several visitors next weekend.

MM needs to get over his aversion to in-season visits. We need to be getting in as many visitors as possible.

It seems that one of things that we could and should sell that we don't is that CU isn't like a lot of big time football schools. A guy can be a star on Saturday afternoon playing in one of the best environments in college football and unlike a lot of places be a normal student the rest of the week as he walks around campus or town.

The only way to really illustrate that is with a game week visit and I don't think we take advantage of it.

The other thing is Boulder really stands out in June compared to Houston....

We also seem to be all in on the early signing date, which I don't think is awful. But I'd like to see us hold back about 3 scholarships for Feb signing day.

I'd like to see us host recruits on 2 big summer visits (we are).
Then a couple of big home games as big groups.
Then you fill other visits for whenever a kid can make it or works. Some kids that may be another game or it may be in January.

I've always felt that for a lot of kids, they often sign with whoever they visited last.

Thursday is usually the day we start having visitor info leak out.

I sure as hell hope we have some folks visiting from in the trenches, both sides. You can recruit skill positions till you're blue in the face. Call me old fashioned but the big boys make your job a ton easier.

Back