What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

6 a.m. practices....

So does this mean recruits coming on an official visit will have to wake up at the crack of dawn if they want to watch practice and sit in on meetings? Sounds like fun.

I say bring back the strippers, booze, and unicorns - we need some talent.

If I was a recruit on the fence I would certainly take this kind of excrutiating unpleasentness into account when deciding whether or not to pull the trigger and commit to a university.

What kind of recruit takes into account practice time a year before he'll arrive on campus?

Working out in the morning isn't all that bad. However, there is way too much change every year for me to believe Hawkins "knows how to do this thing." These constant changes are a bigger reminder that he doesn't know what to do to fix things. Yes, change is necessary when you're losing, but I'm just not seeing a coach who is confident in his technique/system for me to believe we're making positive changes to the program.

Last edited:
They can practice at 2 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon, for all I care.

Just win, baby!

I will agree that this does look like Hawkins is grasping for something here. Something that will light a fire, change chemestry, or whatever.

Hawk preaches system and foundation and every other day something changes. I could care less when they practice, but win games or do the program a favor and get lost.

Recruits don't have to worry, Hawk will be gone by the time they get here anyway. But here's one thing that occurred to me that I hadn't thought of before - it's much cooler at 7:30 AM in August than it is at 2:00 PM. If this is the true reasoning behind the move, I can see the logic. You can get in more reps and better quality reps when you're not sweating your balls off and drinking massive amounts of water to keep hydrated.

Recruits don't have to worry, Hawk will be gone by the time they get here anyway. But here's one thing that occurred to me that I hadn't thought of before - it's much cooler at 7:30 AM in August than it is at 2:00 PM. If this is the true reasoning behind the move, I can see the logic. You can get in more reps and better quality reps when you're not sweating your balls off and drinking massive amounts of water to keep hydrated.

That was my thought at first. I get it if it's during the summer.

I'm pissed cause this could mean that it would be harder to catch practices and scrimmages in the fall. ****ing hawk!

I'm pissed cause this could mean that it would be harder to catch practices and scrimmages in the fall. ****ing hawk!

And there you go. I think we're starting to get down to the real reason for this move. Hawk doesn't want to close practices, so he makes them really, really inconvenient for fans to go to.

And there you go. I think we're starting to get down to the real reason for this move. Hawk doesn't want to close practices, so he makes them really, really inconvenient for fans to go to.

mythbusters_plausible_spray.png

kari_bio.jpg

I think I know the reason for the new practice times...he needs complete separation from when intramural teams are practicing. It has become harder and harder to tell the real team from the intramural teams.....

I think I know the reason for the new practice times...he needs complete separation from when intramural teams are practicing. It has become harder and harder to tell the real team from the intramural teams.....

Just looking for the coach yelling "Go Play Intramurals!!!" :lol:

So does this mean recruits coming on an official visit will have to wake up at the crack of dawn if they want to watch practice and sit in on meetings? Sounds like fun.

I say bring back the strippers, booze, and unicorns - we need some talent.

I will delightfully rep anybody who can generate a serviceable drunk, stripper unicorn. It's time to consolidate!

Back