What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#6 Cal @ Oregon

If the truth is being told :huh:, the purpose of redshirting Hansen is because both Cody and Tyler were so close this spring, it was advisable to redshirt Hansen to create more separation between them chronologically. Then we have Tyler for another year after Cody graduates (two more years, actually.)

Since both can play next year, and there's no advantage to saving Hansen's redshirt in 2010 (since it will be used), the QB competition will be heated up again. Don't forget, once Clark Evans gets situated, he could also be in the mix. Nobody knows if Seth Lobato will remain a legitimate contender at QB.

Don't forget Hirschman. If he redshirts next year I think there will be a push for him to start the year after. Hansen might not ever be the starter. :sad1:

Point is, a good recruiting coach would have both his QBs that have experience playing (since he is redshirting-- what, three QB? At least two outside of Hansen) and assume that he will recruit a great QB that will be up to speed after Cody is gone and in Hansens Senior year.

But noooooooooooooo! All he has done is prove to potential 5 star QBs that he will stick with the oldest QB, and everyone has to wait, even if they are just as good without the experience, and have way more upside. So now potential blue chippers see AT LEAST three more years that they will not get to play at CU. That is what I see. If Hansen was just as good, he should have seen the field for a change of pace-- to give defenses twice as much to prepare for.

I am interested to see if the 'person behind the scenes with info' is correct and Hansen comes in against WVU. I have little hope that is true. If they do break his redshirt, they at least have to give him 50% of the offensive snaps.

How the heck does Colorado's QB situation spill over into every friggin thread on this board?
I think it's because he's underskilled to be a Big XII starter, it's a high profile position, and he's the coach's son.

Boulder Buff said:
I'm shocked people actually think Hansen is going to be the starter next year.
I am so intrigued with the running ability he showed last year against Texas ... I cannot fathom how Cody beat him out, and cannot fathom how he will next year :confused:

AlferdJasper said:
the purpose of redshirting Hansen is because both Cody and Tyler were so close this spring, it was advisable to redshirt Hansen to create more separation between them chronologically. Then we have Tyler for another year after Cody graduates (two more years, actually.)
Ding ding ding ... we have a winner! :smile2:

Although Alferd ... if we're trying to conserve Hansen's eligibility, what does that say about our confidence in recruiting quarterbacks?

If the truth is being told :huh:, the purpose of redshirting Hansen is because both Cody and Tyler were so close this spring, it was advisable to redshirt Hansen to create more separation between them chronologically. Then we have Tyler for another year after Cody graduates (two more years, actually.)

Since both can play next year, and there's no advantage to saving Hansen's redshirt in 2010 (since it will be used), the QB competition will be heated up again. Don't forget, once Clark Evans gets situated, he could also be in the mix. Nobody knows if Seth Lobato will remain a legitimate contender at QB.

This reasoning is really silly --not your post but the coaching thought process. It is obvious that even if Cody looks better in practice it is not translating to performance on the playing field. Most coaching staffs would try another player, it is obvious to most fans and every defensive staff that CH struggles when under pressure - he is unable to move around an create passing lanes. I don't know if Hansen is the answer but his mobility would add a dimension that may help keep the defenses a little more honest.

How about them Ducks upsetting Cal?

Not too many "Helfrich Sucks" comments.

Back