What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

60 Minutes Profile on College Football

Just saw that too Philly and they talked about the importance that a top-notch, high-profile football program has to a university. The Michigan AD stated that a disproportionate amount of donations to a university come during college football season.

Even at a place like Michigan, one of the top academic institutions in the country, football is the front porch to the school and a magnet for donations to the entire university.

Dave Brandon: This is a huge giving season. Our development folks have actually done statistical research on how much of the giving takes place during the football season and it's a disproportionate amount.

Armen Keteyian: Disproportionate, how much?

Dave Brandon: I think the number is somewhere between 60 and 70 percent. And that's why, in many cases, you see universities who drop football bringing it back. Because that magnet works.

With all this on the line, believe it or not there is no more important hire a university can make these days than its head football coach.

Last edited:
I would venture a guess that Benson believes that having a team is important, but having a successful team is not important.

Just watched it. It simply defies logic that a businessman like Benson is either too ignorant or stupid to realize the value of big time football. I'm just at a loss for words right now

Back