What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8/9 Practice Report

There are three big red flags for me right now.

First is that PRich is running happily over the defense. I love PRich but I think there are many WR in the Pac 12 who are as capable.
Second is that the defense sounds prone to big plays. I keep reading about Speedy ripping off a huge run.
Lastly is the reports that the DL is pushing the OL around.

These really worry me because they seem to be a continuation of the problems from previous seasons... That makes me scared.

I think the huge runs have been coming in 9-on-7 drills. If there's no secondary, and he makes it through the box - he's going to score a TD.

That being said - this team is less than a year removed from total crap. I would not expect them to come out and be gangbusters this fall. Some observable improvement would certainly be nice though.

Practices (especially early ones) are just hard to gauge how the team will be. I have learned this from experience. We're talkin' bout practice here! We wont know for sure how good the offense will be, or how bad the defense will be until the first couple games.

I do think the offense will be considerably better than last year. Hansen being named the starter since spring, playmakers in Stewart, Richardson and Clemons etc. It all comes down to the line. If they can block, we could have a nice and fun offense to watch.

Last edited:
There are three big red flags for me right now.

First is that PRich is running happily over the defense. I love PRich but I think there are many WR in the Pac 12 who are as capable.
Second is that the defense sounds prone to big plays. I keep reading about Speedy ripping off a huge run.
Lastly is the reports that the DL is pushing the OL around.

These really worry me because they seem to be a continuation of the problems from previous seasons... That makes me scared.

Yeah, I thought exactly the same but was in too much of a hurry to mention the other points you made.

Practices (especially early ones) are just hard to gauge how the team will be. I have learned this from experience. We're talkin' bout practice here! We wont know for sure how good the offense will be, or how bad the defense will be until the first couple games.

I do think the offense will be considerably better than last year. Hansen being named the starter since spring, playmakers in Stewart, Richardson and Clemons etc. It all comes down to the line. If they can block, we could have a nice and fun offense to watch.

Just as long as we don't hear that "our last practice before the Hawaii game was our best practice of the year so far!!" :huh:

I agree that it's hard to tell much from practice but when things that have been serious issues the last several years seem to be a common theme from the reports I see...

I agree that it's hard to tell much from practice but when things that have been serious issues the last several years seem to be a common theme from the reports I see...

I actually like to hear that there are issues and things to work on at practice. Rather hear that than hear that everything looks fine and dandy.

Nothing wrong with a nice gash.

[/end threadcrap]

I would draft Sam Gash in my FFL league in years past, even though the guy had no FFL value, just so that I could say "gash." One of my favorite words.

GAS153366.jpg

Great reporting! I'm trying to take in a practice in the new few days. Is there an up to date roster or depth chart that has all the players numbers on it? The best I found is at cubuffs.com and it is dated April, 2011.

Duruing practices/scrimmages I have attended in the past, the CU staff had rosters at the field for us spectators.

Ya they hand out rosters at practice. No sighting of the parking nazi's but I still parked at Red Robin to be sure

Back