What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

91 orange bowl on pac12 networks now!

I think the most frustrating thing for Notre Dame was they knew that even if he had not clipped him, the Rocket very likely still would have been gone. We got lucky.

I don't know that I would go that far. Tim James was right there. Even if he doesn't make the tackle, he slows Ismail down enough that Ronnie Bradford would have caught him.

I'm going to delay getting the PAC XII network added to my Comcast subscription. I will have no life but watching live, or DVR-ing, all the Colorado stuff. :wow:

I think the most frustrating thing for Notre Dame was they knew that even if he had not clipped him, the Rocket very likely still would have been gone. We got lucky.

Disagree. If James isn't clipped he gets his hands on him and at the very least slows him down. Rouen(yes I know he's the punter) was close by and would have had a shot at him, and by that point Bradford would have caught up and been in a position to make the tackle.

Always felt it was one of those borderline calls. Whether it's called or not, either side would have had a beef with it.

Tim James got completely destoyed from behind. It was a dictionary example of a clip. The most surprising thing is that the refs called it.

Enberg and Walsh were a great team. I've always felt that Walsh was agonizing with Buff fans throughout those two Orange Bowls.

"Well done! This is why Colorado is number one. They've settled down, and now this is the way you'll see them play, this is why they're the number one team in the country."- Walsh after Hemmingway bolted inside the ten to set up a first and goal

I don't know that I would go that far. Tim James was right there. Even if he doesn't make the tackle, he slows Ismail down enough that Ronnie Bradford would have caught him.

Disagree. If James isn't clipped he gets his hands on him and at the very least slows him down. Rouen(yes I know he's the punter) was close by and would have had a shot at him, and by that point Bradford would have caught up and been in a position to make the tackle.

Always felt it was one of those borderline calls. Whether it's called or not, either side would have had a beef with it.

I think you guys are forgetting the speed and playmaking abilities of the Rocket. I still think it would have been a longshot to get him at that point.

"Well done! This is why Colorado is number one. They've settled down, and now this is the way you'll see them play, this is why they're the number one team in the country."- Walsh after Hemmingway bolted inside the ten to set up a first and goal

I loved hearing Walsh do that broadcast. He was really good and actually insightful to listen to.

I think he clipped but he didnt need to, Rocket was to the house. I still dont know why they even kicked to him. We called some weird plays on offense too, hb passes and ****. Could be wrong but I could of swore Barnett called the plays that game, that correct? First time I took my son's mom down to Texas, we went to my friends house, whos a big ND fan. We were just drinking beer and catching up, I go to take a piss and come sit back down. That bastard brought it up to her when I went in the bathroom. Soon as I sit she looked at me and said, " It wasnt a clip." They said I just got got this pissed off look on my face lol. Before I could even respond, my friend just died laughing. I ****ing hate ND. One other thing, didnt Hemingway get suspended for the OB the year before.

I think he clipped but he didnt need to, Rocket was to the house. I still dont know why they even kicked to him. We called some weird plays on offense too, hb passes and ****. Could be wrong but I could of swore Barnett called the plays that game, that correct? First time I took my son's mom down to Texas, we went to my friends house, whos a big ND fan. We were just drinking beer and catching up, I go to take a piss and come sit back down. That bastard brought it up to her when I went in the bathroom. Soon as I sit she looked at me and said, " It wasnt a clip." They said I just got got this pissed off look on my face lol. Before I could even respond, my friend just died laughing. I ****ing hate ND. One other thing, didnt Hemingway get suspended for the OB the year before.

Yes, Dinardo had just bolted for the Vanderbilt job and the OB was Barnett's first game as OC.

Yes, and it affected our playcalling in that game.

Yes, Dinardo had just bolted for the Vanderbilt job and the OB was Barnett's first game as OC.

Yes, and it affected our playcalling in that game.

And yet, I somehow don't remember touting our "National Championship Coach" when Barnett was here.

I think you guys are forgetting the speed and playmaking abilities of the Rocket. I still think it would have been a longshot to get him at that point.
You might be right in that Rocket doesn't get tackled even if James doesn't get clipped... if you watch the replay, Greg Biekert, Chad Brown, and Paul Rose all missed tackles on the play.

BTW the way, I was right there with Mac during the play... "I didn't get heartbroken as I saw him run down the sidelines... I saw that flag!" Amazing how many people missed it, the sideline judges throws it at the 42 yard line at the 42 second mark, right in the middle of the screen... I guess Rocket was just going so fast, combined with people not believeing what they were seeing.

Its not going back very far but Rocket was one of the faster college football players that ive seen. He was also as quick as he was fast, dude was electric.

Its not going back very far but Rocket was one of the faster college football players that ive seen. He was also as quick as he was fast, dude was electric.

and prichard had better stats than him in every catagory. with the exception of punt returns. prichard did not do PRs.

if memory serves.

Back