What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

a case for Ken Niumatalolo

There is current hating on small conference coaches only because Hawkins is a small conference coach, but anyone who turns that into a blanket example should read the bios of Urban Meyer and Jim Tressel.

I'm not sold 100% on this guy either, but the Johnson hire and his offense has been enormously successful, this is his protege, and I like the prospect of re-introducing the option to the foothills.

Their bios include coaching at big time BCS programs before they got their HC gigs at smaller schools. I could be wrong, but I think someone said Niumatalolo has none of that. I too wouldn't overly mind the option since we can't seem to get a big time QB in here, but I just don't think we really want to go down that route unless we can get Johnson, which we can't. We have nothing but pro style QBs here now and coming in. I guess Hansen and Spond could be decent option QBs in a pinch, but then what do we do with Evans and Hirschmann?

Nonetheless before I wander too far off point, the option is pretty bleak. It's basically coached by what, 4 coaches? We can't get Johnson. Calhoun and Niumatalolo aren't that great of candidates and Solich? Yikes.

I think we can all agree that we don't really care what kind of offense the next coach runs, so long as it puts up points. I'm not a huge fan of the spread, but if we can get Brian Kelly in here I'll be ecstatic. It doesn't seem like the pro style offense is going over particularly well this year, but if we can get someone that coaches that well and it'll put up points then great. If we hire Niumatalolo and the option runs over the Big12 en route to numerous championships, you can hold it over my head until the end of time.

Back