What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A couple BDC articles worth discussing

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Maybe mentioned in the facilities thread, but I'm posting anyway.

1st article: $24.8 million parking garage may push back Folsom project completion date

Chancellor Phil DiStefano will brief the Board of Regents Capital Construction Subcommittee on the proposed 580-space garage on Thursday morning and present a program plan for its construction. The garage would be paid for by the sale of bonds initially and through campus parking revenue over time.

Construction schedule:

• Northeast corner seating completed by April/May 2015
  • IPF w/o parking garage -- completed August 2015
  • IPF w/ parking garage -- completion moved back to late Fall 2015

2nd article: CU football season ticket sales on pace

• By late May of 2013, 84% of season ticket holders had renewed for last season
  • By late May of 2014, 86% of season ticket holders have renewed for this season
  • 400 new season ticket holders have also been added so far this year
  • The season ticket package for new grads at the student rate seems to be a hit
  • Single game tickets have just gone on sale and, so far, the most popular seems to be Homecoming (UCLA, 10/25)

We've got to get our ticket base back up if we want to get this ship righted. I encourage everyone to let others know about some of the values this year or at least to use one of your own seats to some of these games to invite someone.

I posted this in the construction thread but they are selling north endzone loge seats for next year.

I posted this in the construction thread but they are selling north endzone loge seats for next year.

Thanks, abs.

This is a great ****ing deal!

Touchdown Loge Box seating combines first-class perks and privileges
with a close-to-the-action feel that no other Folsom Field seating
experience offers. In the 2014 season, your four-seat loge box will
provide all-inclusive in-seat food and non-alcoholic beverage service
and plenty of space for you and your guests to spread out, eat and relax
in your movable chairs ? right in the north end zone of Folsom Field.

2014 Amenities

• All-inclusive food & non-alcoholic beverages
  • In-seat food & beverage service
  • Moveable chairs
  • Drink rails

2014 Price per seat

$470 ticket
$1,530 donation
Total - $2,000 per seat ($8,000 per loge box)

ec

(copied from Rivals thread)

Everything I have heard says they plan to have seats in the north east corner by the ASU game. They wanted to disrupt as few games as possible for season ticket holders. The club level of Dal Ward won't be built until they can move everyone out of there.

It's about time they created a "Young Alum" type season ticket package. I think it will be very popular. I plan on taking advantage.

Now if they could parlay that goodwill into a culture of tithing the AD will be set.

regarding UCLA being the top single game seller, I don't have historical Homecoming vs. other game data, but I wouldn't be surprised if UCLA single game sales has more to do with number of alumni in the Boulder area than it does with Homecoming. Or it could be that UCLA is the projected top ranked visiting opponent to Folsom this year.

could be just me (or maybe a VT thing), but Homecoming never meant much as either student or alumni.

regarding UCLA being the top single game seller, I don't have historical Homecoming vs. other game data, but I wouldn't be surprised if UCLA single game sales has more to do with number of alumni in the Boulder area than it does with Homecoming. Or it could be that UCLA is the projected top ranked visiting opponent to Folsom this year.

could be just me (or maybe a VT thing), but Homecoming never meant much as either student or alumni.

I think homecoming has something to do with it. ASU's a very attractive game. So is Washington. And the Nov 29th vs Utah (senior day) is going to get attention since a lot of us have made it a tradition to tie in CU football with our Thanksgiving week.

But certainly UCLA is a marquee game on its own that, all things being equal, might have been the best selling regardless of the date or festivities attached to it.

Does the fact that they are specifying non-alcoholic drinks mean that there might be an alternative to that this season?

Does the fact that they are specifying non-alcoholic drinks mean that there might be an alternative to that this season?

I interpreted it as them clarifying to make sure a bunch of people who buy those seats don't get pissed when they ask for the drink menu get a blank stare.

Wonder where Ralphie's pen will be located, between her runs, after the construction is done....hard to tell if there is space left near the field or not...

Good deals on 3-game flex plans on sale now:

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...B_OEM_ID=600&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

You have options for $99, $129 or $179 (based on seating type -- games are the same for each).

500 level at Sports Authority for the CSU game is one of the three.

Your options for the others are:

For next game, choose either ASU (Sat, 9/13, 8pm) or Utah (Sat, 11/29, time TBA)

For the other game, choose among Hawaii (Sat, 9/20, time TBA), Oregon State (Sat, 10/4, time TBA), UCLA (Sat, 10/25, time TBA) or Washington (Sat, 11/1, time TBA)

**NOTE: You also have an option for purchasing all 7 games for $175 if you want to get a value-priced seat. Looks like this is new this year. $25 per game is a pretty amazing deal.

It means you get the Pepsi for free but the beer will cost you. Alcohol has been sold in the East Side club for years, I assume the Touchdown club will be the same. As a side discussion, the amenities there better be f'ing fantastic, because the view from the endzone is terrible. Sat there my first few seasons until I was high enough on the list and able to contribute enough to get to 105. Sitting in 118 now.

It means you get the Pepsi for free but the beer will cost you. Alcohol has been sold in the East Side club for years, I assume the Touchdown club will be the same. As a side discussion, the amenities there better be f'ing fantastic, because the view from the endzone is terrible. Sat there my first few seasons until I was high enough on the list and able to contribute enough to get to 105. Sitting in 118 now.

I mostly agree. There are situations when it is the absolute best view in the stadium (red zone situations in that end zone), but it's very "meh" for the rest of the game.

I interpreted it as them clarifying to make sure a bunch of people who buy those seats don't get pissed when they ask for the drink menu get a blank stare.

I interpreted it as them saying "you'll have to pay extra for booze"

I am also in 118 I want to be able to buy beer but i cant justify paying so much more for ****tier seats

I am also in 118 I want to be able to buy beer but i cant justify paying so much more for ****tier seats

Just wait until your little one is a bit older. Definition of "****tier" changes. I was all for being near the 50 and close to the field. It was worth it to give that up and pay more to have seats shaded from the sun with a nice indoor area with better food and convenient bathrooms right by where we sit. Throw in that "Daddy can get his drink on" during the game and it was worth the extra ducats.

As an aside, when Folsom Project Phase II becomes a reality (i.e., the West Side/Balch/Press Box/NW Corner re-do), it would be great if they would consider the Rox approach of installing a family seating area that had some play equipment for the kiddos and some kid centric food vendors. Wouldn't be the worst use of some of the Balch space.

Just wait until your little one is a bit older. Definition of "****tier" changes. I was all for being near the 50 and close to the field. It was worth it to give that up and pay more to have seats shaded from the sun with a nice indoor area with better food and convenient bathrooms right by where we sit. Throw in that "Daddy can get his drink on" during the game and it was worth the extra ducats.
Hasn't been much of a problem with the start times the last couple of years. Maybe if they added a nap-room with sleeping pads for the kiddo's.

It's about time they created a "Young Alum" type season ticket package. I think it will be very popular. I plan on taking advantage.

Now if they could parlay that goodwill into a culture of tithing the AD will be set.

They're pushing them too. I got a call this week from the ticket office trying to sell me the young alum season tickets.

The young alum ticket is long overdue. Should have been done 20 years ago, but I'll be happy they are finally rolling it out now. It should pay. Big dividends down the road.

They did something similar 15 years ago. I can't remember if the tickets were cheaper, but I do remember that the required donation to get tickets was $0 the first year, $50 the second year, and $100 the third year.

Ringo is live tweeting the regents meeting about the parking garage. Doesn't sound like they were fully prepped for this idea.

[tweet]474583252536020992[/tweet]

[tweet]474583492949315584[/tweet]

[tweet]474583746490806273[/tweet]

[tweet]474586227547459584[/tweet]

If he keeps this up, it will delay the project a year.

https://twitter.com/KyleRingo

Received initial approval, but it'll have to go in front of the full board later this month. Sounds like they have some work to do.

[tweet]474587493237411840[/tweet]

Some of the Regents felt like they got sandbagged on this. Probably did. Politics is entertaining.

Some of the Regents felt like they got sandbagged on this. Probably did. Politics is entertaining.
It's been public for a while, so I'm guessing you are talking about the piecemeal nature of this? (pass the project, and OH WAIT PARKING ADDITION)?

what is the projected delay in schedule to add the garage? has that schedule been vetted? what are the consequences if the delay really is a year?

It's been public for a while, so I'm guessing you are talking about the piecemeal nature of this? (pass the project, and OH WAIT PARKING ADDITION)?

Exactly. They're looking at it like it could have been presented as a $170 million project with the university picking up another close to $30 million and earning money back off parking receipts.

Piecemealing it was smart. But I could see how it was a sandbag. Especially since a quorum of Regents were probably "in the know" and had backed this approach.

what is the projected delay in schedule to add the garage? has that schedule been vetted? what are the consequences if the delay really is a year?

There is no way it delays the project a year. They have to dig a big ass foundation anyway. A couple months at most IMO.

You will probably see a return on investment for the parking garage in 10 to 20 years. Judge for yourself if that is a worth while investment.

Back