What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A Frustrating Statistic

Gramburglar

Literally has hundreds of dollars
Club Member
First, to remain positive 15/15 on extra points is great! But then...

Kicking Statistics
(per espn)

Name
XPMXPAXP%FGM
FGAFG%1-1920-2930-39
40-4950+LNGPTS
Will Oliver151510012500/00/01/20/00/03018

Five game into a season and Will Oliver has been trotted out there twice! The Buffs have never been in a situation where they would be content with 3pts, including the first 15 min of a game :bang:. The 4th Down stats are sad, ranked 27th going 5/9 at 55% conversion, and O'Neill has been busy (http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/80150-We-re-1!!!). I don't know the field positions of the nine 4th down attempts but, I think there have been punts from the 35yd a few times. I am just finding this very frustrating because we appear to neglect our kicker and the Offense and Defense cannot support the special teams. I miss the days of Crosby/Torp or Mariscal/Eberly(???); when I felt confident we could at least score half a touchdown or just kick the **** out of a ball in altitude or any place else.

Also, 4 scholarship kickers/punters (and I hope only one long snapper) is really killing us but that's a different conversation.

Punts from the 35 are 35 + 7 + 10 = 52 yards. There are NFL teams that don't trust their kicker at 52 yards if it's close (not that we haven't always been close).

Oliver needs get his confidence back up and make chip shots. This coach thinks going for it on 4th is the best thing to do, even though we don't have a burner at WR or RB and a playmaker at QB.

I'd be more interested in seeing a statistic that isn't frustrating. But yeah, 2 FG attempts is ridiculous anytime, especially considering our opponents.

And I'm again reminded of our -30 yard drive that took us out of FG range against UCLA through a combination of bad play calling, bad coaching and horrific execution that only we could pull off.

Back