What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A little more worried about the WR position for 2014

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
JT is supposedly no longer with the team. You guys think one of our redshirt frosh, Bobo or Dunston or our new guy Walker can become playmakers this year and stretch the field? I wish we could have gotten a quality JUCO WR but I know those are few and far between.

opportunity for someone to step up, and someone will. We have to accept the fact that you don't simply replace a PRich calibre player. the best chance for a big play receiver- replacing some of PRich production- will be Sefo's progress.

Was is necessary to start a new thread on this? There's already a thread discussing the WR position for 2014. No disrespect, but all the best, most respected forums keep it pretty tight and avoid needless clutter. IMO the mods should move this to the Replacing Richardson thread.

priority in the passing game:

1. o-line
2. qb
3. wr

if 1 and 2 are solid then i think you can plug and play the wr position and do fairly well....lots of atheletes in the world that can run and catch.

I forgot about that thread and it wasnt visible when i posted this one

some-men-just-want-to-see-the-world-burn-31741.png

opportunity for someone to step up, and someone will. We have to accept the fact that you don't simply replace a PRich calibre player. the best chance for a big play receiver- replacing some of PRich production- will be Sefo's progress.

Sefo and maybe more importantly, the OL. If they can run block better, that opens up the defense so they can't put so many guys in coverage). If they holds blocks longer in passing plays then I have confidence that Sefo will find receivers. I hope that the coaches can get the WRs to keep moving to open spots when a play breaks down. My favorite players are the ones who know how to keep moving and get open when the original plan breaks down. That is HUGE for keeping drives going, giving the defense a bigger rest, and general confidence of the team. The Broncos small WR they got from NE is like that. Just gets open. Follows a scramble by the QB and runs with him. Can't have too many WRs that get good at that.

Really, as good as PRich was this year, and as much as Sefo improved, imagine how much better they both could have been if the o-line could have blocked worth a damn? Improve the o-line, the passing game will follow. I mean, we've got some really good RBs, too - but the o-line has let them down, too.

Really, as good as PRich was this year, and as much as Sefo improved, imagine how much better they both could have been if the o-line could have blocked worth a damn? Improve the o-line, the passing game will follow. I mean, we've got some really good RBs, too - but the o-line has let them down, too.
^^This. We were a functional OL away from bowling this year.

I think there are several positional areas that can be the foundation of next years team. WR will not be one of them. I expect Lindgren to build his gameplans around this reality.

A lot of question marks. Spruce is a good player, but he is not a difference maker. Not a number one receiver in the Pac 12. I hope that we bring in a transfer that can play immediately. Hopefully Bobo, Dunston, Walker, and Ross can also contribute.

Spruce will catch about 60 balls for us next year.

We need someone else to step up.

Signed,
Captain Obvious

Lol plus two more FCS games.

And you beat which powerhouse nationally ranked teams with records over .500. Oh, I forgot, you beat zero teams with records over .500 this season. You play in a conference who's champion got blasted by a run of the mill team with a short roster from the PAC. A conference who's entire conference managed to come up with a "signature win" against mighty Syracuse.

Before you start thinking about how great you are look at how you did against the better teams from your own weak conference. How did you do against Utah State, you didn't score. Against Boise you lost by 12 and the game wasn't that close. The only one you were in was against San Jose, but you lost that one as well.

Back