What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A look at the lines

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
When CU has the ball...

CU OL - (from lt to rt)

6'9" 300# ... 6'4" 305# ... 6'3" 315# ... 6'4" 315# (MTM) ... 6'9" 310#

That's a freakishly huge offensive line. :wow: They average 6'5" 309#.

CSU DL

6'6 245# ... 6'5" 260# ... 6'3" 286# ... 6'4" 245#. Average 6'4.5", 259#.

From my perspective, this means a ton of yards on the ground for the Buffs. They ought to be able to blow massive holes in that DL. If I'm Fairchild, I would have to commit more LB's and safeties to support the run defense. This should help open up the passing for Cody & the WR's.

Offensively, CU should feast on this team. It's a physical mismatch.

When CSU has the ball...

CSU OL...

6'5" 284# ... 6'4" 290# ... 6'6" 289# ... 6'4" 300# ... 6'7" 322# - average 6'5" 297#.

From their depth chart, they don't differentiate between left and right side linemen. Instead, it looks like they go strong side, weak side. So the big fellas on the right will be playing the strong side.

CU DL...

6'4" 270# ... 6'1" 290# ... 6'3" 290# ... 6'4" 250# - Average 6'3" 275#

I'd guess (just a guess here) that CU will line the goldfish up against their smaller guards and let Nicholas take on the bigger guys. There isn't as much of a physical mismatch when CSU has the ball as there is when CU has it. If I'm CSU, I try to run behind the big guys on the strong side and away from goldfish. If Nicholas can occupy two blockers, then Herrod or Lucas can make those plays from the end position or have a LB like Burton or Smart make the plays. I think CSU is going to try to run the ball, but in my opinion, that plays right into the strength of CU's defense.

thanks for lining that up....our o-line is about 40 lbs bigger :wow:...that's like matching up vs. a high school team! We could potentially rack up 250+ yards on the ground...that would be sweet!!!

Back