What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A look down football's top 100

RSSBot

News Junkie
The Sporting News began its countdown of the top 100 teams in college football yesterday, but released the full list ahead of time. The only BCS team who missed the list was Washington State, but it provides an interesting look at how far the gaps are when we rank teams only from within the conference.

The Big 12, with three, has the most teams of any in the top 10, but here's how the rest look:

7. Nebraska

9. Texas

10. Oklahoma

30. Texas A&M

31. Kansas

33. Missouri

36. Texas Tech

60. Baylor

64. Oklahoma State

74. Colorado

82. Iowa State

85. Kansas State

I generally agree with the top, especially since Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska are so close, the order gets somewhat irrelevant. (This is the point when I remind myself it's May.)

But the middle seems a little muddled. I've made my feelings clear, and for reference, here's where I ranked the Big 12's teams after the spring. (Find my further comments here)

1. Texas

2. Oklahoma

3. Nebraska

4. Missouri

5. Texas A&M

6. Kansas State

7. Texas Tech

8. Oklahoma State

9. Iowa State

10. Baylor

11. Kansas

12. Colorado

Clearly, our biggest disagreements come from the teams from the Sunflower State. The Sporting News has essentially flipped them. Admittedly, I might have Kansas State a little higher than they deserve to be, but not five spots too high, even if I've got a lot in faith in Bill Snyder, especially in year 2.

Apparently, they feel the same way about Turner Gill.

Snyder preaches daily improvement, and the Wildcats won six games last season, even if two of them came against FCS teams. This year, with road games at Missouri, Colorado, Kansas and Baylor, the schedule sets them up to improve on that number.

But that's where we disagree. What do you think? Where'd they (or I) get it wrong?

More...

ranked ahead of OU and Texas, Huskerpedia just melted. Since they actually believe this kind of stuff. NU fan in her to make the shoulda beat Texas and beat OU point.....in 3,2,1.....

I don't believe in Miami at #4. I saw them play 2-3 times last year and the Jacory Whatever is a nice player and they are talented......I just don't believe they are "all that". They are sloppy and poorly coached, to me. Now, they prolly win the BCS thanks to me.

Got us right in the Big XII, way too high nationally. No ****ing way are there 26 programs worse than us right now.

Back