What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A&M To The SEC Nearly A Done Deal ??

I will laugh my ass off if the Ags finally get their wish to go to the SEC, and the school that comes over with them is.... UT.

College Station would have a meltdown.

Texas A&M has been pursuing this idea for a while. Given they are STILL bringing it up, even after the little guys of the conference agreed to give up some of their take so Texas A&M could get more (KSU, ISU, OSU, Tech agreed to take $15 mil, so OU, UT, and A&M could get $20 mil), I would say it is a lot more than 50/50 that they are going to go!

That being said - the SEC isn't going to add just ONE team (making them a 13 team conference). There is another team out there who is doing a much better job of keeping things quiet.

the SEC would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have North Carolina but that would never ... ever happen

Last edited:
Texas A&M has been pursuing this idea for a while. Given they are STILL bringing it up, even after the little guys of the conference agreed to give up some of their take so Texas A&M could get more (KSU, ISU, OSU, Tech agreed to take $15 mil, so OU, UT, and A&M could get $20 mil), I would say it is a lot more than 50/50 that they are going to go!

That being said - the SEC isn't going to add just ONE team (making them a 13 team conference). There is another team out there who is doing a much better job of keeping things quiet.

Why does no one mention Miami? Is there something that I'm missing? I know that they don't quite "OWN" the Miami market, but Miami is about 25X the size of Tallahassee and Tampa is in between Miami and Gainesville. Tallahassee, meanwhile, falls into the SEC footprint already. I would argue that while FSU is on an upswing, Miami is nearly as much of a national quantity.

Why does no one mention Miami? Is there something that I'm missing? I know that they don't quite "OWN" the Miami market, but Miami is about 25X the size of Tallahassee and Tampa is in between Miami and Gainesville. Tallahassee, meanwhile, falls into the SEC footprint already. I would argue that while FSU is on an upswing, Miami is nearly as much of a national quantity.

Tiny private school that's lucky to get 40k at their "home" games. Also while Miami may not give a **** about academics with their football team, they're actually a stronger school academically than nearly everyone in the SEC.

Miami would not fit in well with the SEC. Small fair weather fan base. I think Florida state is the only game they sell out. It's a shame they have 5 national titles, they sure dont deserve them.

Miami would not fit in well with the SEC. Small fair weather fan base. I think Florida state is the only game they sell out. It's a shame they have 5 national titles, they sure dont deserve them.

Can we take the Marlin's World Series' away too?

Folks on shaggy saying this is a done deal. Not sure if true, but that's what is being said. Sorry, no link. I forgot to grab it and I'm not going back.

I will laugh my ass off if the Ags finally get their wish to go to the SEC, and the school that comes over with them is.... UT.

College Station would have a meltdown.

Funny thought, but Texas would NEVER go the the SEC. UT would never stoop that low and be associated with such low life swamp scum. UT see's itself as the crown jewell of the entire south (both east and west) - they don't hang out with the peasants (except for isu, bu, ksu, etc...)

Oh, and they are also saying that if A&M leaves UT and ND will join hands and serenade the world until a superconference arrives in the form of mermen.

Oh, and they are also saying that if A&M leaves UT and ND will join hands and serenade the world until a superconference arrives in the form of mermen.

I actually think a conference of UT, Notre Dame, USC, Miami, Syracuse, BYU, Boston College, Purdue and some other friends would work very well.

Texas Legislature going to allow aggy go to the SEC? I'll believe it when I see it.

The board of regents makes these decisions. And the other head honchos at A&M are governor appointed. As long as the gov and board are ok with it they could go. Legislature may control funds going to state institutions - but they don't and shouldn't officially have a say in athletic conference affiliation.

The uniforms should be unique, anyway...

31432.jpg

Really looking forward to the day when CU schedules the MWC also-rans at Baylor for an OOC game to fill a spot left open when Fresno had to back out at the last minute. The possibilities are endless.

Mountain West will hoover up the Big XII leftovers. Go AFA, beat Baylor!

actually see kansas, ksu and missouri headed to the big east. football schools break apart from the basketball schools and create a new conference together. Would be a helluva of a basketball league with ku, syracuse, uconn, pitt, louisville, wvu

I think those of us who think that the PAC MUST respond in some way by adding teams underestimate the job Larry Scott has been doing. He's not here to add schools just to add schools. He add schools to get the conference more $$$$.

Unfortunately for the PAC, it's located out west. For whatever reason, there are very few schools to choose from out here that sell out their 80,000+ stadiums and have a national following. In my view, we as a conference have 3 options if the Big 12 "collapses":

1. Expand for the sake of expanding, to "keep up with the joneses". They get aTm, Florida State, ND, while we get Texas f_ucking Tech and New Mexico.
2. Completely forget about geography, and go after the big fish no matter where they are. ND, Florida State, etc.
3. Take no action, and hope that some of these schools out here build up some national prominence and get their **** in order so when the next round comes, we'll have some actually viable options.

I believe there is ZERO chance that we do #1.
I believe that Larry Scott is probably talking to schools right now he deems as available that have national prominence and he thinks we can get. As a bonus, I think he's asking some schools that we probably haven't even considered.
I also believe we will probably not take action unless we get some of these schools that Larry Scott thinks will ADD VALUE to our league.

Sorry Kansas, sorry OSU, sorry Mizzou. Catch ya next time UNLV, SDSU, Fresno. Get your **** together, and we'll talk in a few years.

As long as UT and OU stay the Big 12 will keep together. No one cares about Aggy except Aggy and the SEC for the television sets. Now if OU leaves for the SEC then ISU, Baylor, Tech, and Okie Lite have issues.

Funny thought, but Texas would NEVER go the the SEC. UT would never stoop that low and be associated with such low life swamp scum. UT see's itself as the crown jewell of the entire south (both east and west) - they don't hang out with the peasants (except for isu, bu, ksu, etc...)

On top of that they'd much rather play 8 clowns and OU rather than try to hack it in the toughest league in america.

actually see kansas, ksu and missouri headed to the big east. football schools break apart from the basketball schools and create a new conference together. Would be a helluva of a basketball league with ku, syracuse, uconn, pitt, louisville, wvu

i'd love to see that for KU and MU (and with less spirit, KSU).....i think for that to happen MU needs to get over itself to the Big 10. for lack of football rev, KU doesn't have much option (which pains me in a way as a big hoops guy....not that i like Kansas but in no real world should college sports money reward TCU or Boise for a couple years of good football over the history of Kansas basketball). but, i think that may be the best move for them.

A&M rivals site is reporting it as a done deal to be formally announced on the 22nd. They are going to regret this move five years from now.

Back