What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A&M To The SEC Nearly A Done Deal ??

I am certain that Texas put something in the LHN contract that lets them get out in the event of a conference change, etc. May cost them some money but that has never bothered Texas much.

I don't want Texas in the PAC but if Texas would agree to the PACs terms (not highly likely) I could see it happen. At the same time I don't see the PAC ever inviting all of Texas friends. The chances of a SWC2 in the PAC are slim to none. I could see Texas and OU or Texas and one other school from outside Texas but I don't see the PAC inviting Tech or Baylor even if Texas wants them, don't think Okie light would be invited either.

The PAC is in a position now to set the terms and say take it or leave it.

It's cool...it's cool...Baylorfans thinks the Big12-3 could just bring in Notre Dame, Miami and either BYU or Georgia Tech. That's IF Baylor doesn't get an invite to the ACC, that is. If that fails, they will raid the Pac-12 and get the Arizona schools + BYU. :wow::rofl:
:stupid:

It's cool...it's cool...Baylorfans thinks the Big12-3 could just bring in Notre Dame, Miami and either BYU or Georgia Tech. That's IF Baylor doesn't get an invite to the ACC, that is. :stupid:

That's the latest tinfoil hat conspiracy from the UT fans as well. They think because Dodds name dropped ND yesterday that ND to the Big 12 is imminent. That or that they are going to combine with ND and create some super conference that cherry picks schools from across the country, including potentially USC and UCLA.

It's cool...it's cool...Baylorfans thinks the Big12-3 could just bring in Notre Dame, Miami and either BYU or Georgia Tech. That's IF Baylor doesn't get an invite to the ACC, that is. If that fails, they will raid the Pac-12 and get the Arizona schools + BYU. :wow::rofl:
:stupid:

If the Big XII could do that, Bailer would be getting a head start right now on their Sun Belt Conference future...

Some Kneebraska fans are pretty dumb on footballsfuture.com, they like to think CU panicked and jumped to the PAC-12 because NU was leaving :rofl:

From Baylorfans...

Add 7 teams:

1) Notre Dame
2) BYU
3) Florida State
4) Miami
5) Central Florida
6) South Florida
7) University of Houston

Like Texas, Florida is huge. One school, and even two schools don't "bring in" a state. The four Florida schools are in four separate corners of the state. By adding UH, the conference would have four schools in Texas, four in Florida and the OU and the two big fish in BYU and Notre Dame. If you organize the conference correctly, every school would have the opportunity to play in both Florida and Texas at least once every year, while also hosting a team from Florida or Texas every year.

I honestly believe this could be a very good conference as Texas, OU, Notre Dame, Florida State and Miami are established "name brands". Central Florida and South Florida have the student and alumni population and seem to be dedicated to football.

If organized correctly, we could play all of the private schools (Miami, Notre Dame and BYU) and all of the state schools (Texas, Texas Tech and UH) every year. The conference would "own" a geographic population of over 60 million people, and that is before adding in the general population that follows BYU and Notre Dame.

Very, very strong conference that can draw in very good money from media partners.

:rofl:

From Baylorfans...

:rofl:

My personal favorite from Baylorfans:

"Why not try to raid back at the Pac whatever and try to get the two Zona schools and BYU to get to 12. You get the Phoenix market Vegas practically borders AZ so you get that one as well and maybe some what of an imprint into Southern Cal."

Go get 'em Big12-3, you show that mean ole Pac-12. I'm sure UA and ASU are just waiting to join forces with Baylor

My personal favorite from Baylorfans:

"Why not try to raid back at the Pac whatever and try to get the two Zona schools and BYU to get to 12. You get the Phoenix market Vegas practically borders AZ so you get that one as well and maybe some what of an imprint into Southern Cal."

Go get 'em Big12-3, you show that mean ole Pac-12. I'm sure UA and ASU are just waiting to join forces with Baylor

That one was good. "Maybe somewhat of an imprint into Southern Cal"? Hard to argue with that logic. Yes, both Arizona schools want to abandon their So Cal recruiting grounds to play in a Texas/southeastern-centric league. Brilliant!

I also enjoyed this post:

Dear Nebraska, Colorado and Aggie;
Each of you entered the BIG 12 Conference with a great resume and high expectations. Conference, and for 2 teams, National Championships were in recent memory when the conference started. While the first few years of play saw you competitive and vying for the conference, your program waned and fell into mediocrity in the 21st century. Realizing you cannot compete, you have elected to duck UT (but probably more accurately, OU) and waddle out of town with your tail between your legs citing various reasons you hope will shroud your cowardice.

May this lack of conviction follow you into your new arrangements. May any future success have the hollowness of knowing you took the easy way out. May "excellence," "discipline" and "character" leave your vocabulary.

Sincerely,

JETHRO​

EAD Jethro:rofl:

Can't resist, one more piece of Baylorfans gold:

"If I had to guess - total guess - I think you'd see the following when the smoke cleared:

Texas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Pittsburgh
Boston College
Miami
Missouri
Texas Tech
Baylor
Clemson
GA Tech, Maryland or NC State - I think GA Tech gets the nod due to their relationship w/ Notre Dame "

Can't resist, one more piece of Baylorfans gold:

"If I had to guess - total guess - I think you'd see the following when the smoke cleared:

Texas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Pittsburgh
Boston College
Miami
Missouri
Texas Tech
Baylor
Clemson
GA Tech, Maryland or NC State - I think GA Tech gets the nod due to their relationship w/ Notre Dame "

So in this group which girl is Baylor?
m215997766.jpg

Wtf drugs are they taking and Boston College????????? Huh???? Notre Dame, Miami, Clemson, and Ga Tech????? Huh????? :rofl2: Wow, between this and Tim Tebow's brilliant play I havent seen, I cant stop laughing.

And why exactly would this collection of schools want to have anything to do with Baylor? I thought the baptist didn't believe in alcohol or drugs.

That's the best part. A conference like that will not have Baylor in it...

We should do what they're talking about. CU should invite USC, UCLA, ND, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, LSU, Rutgers, OU, Houston, Washington, Oregon, and Georgia to form the Colorado conference. Look at all those TV markets and great road trips! We could probably lighten up our OOC schedule, although I'm not sure our fans would like that, maybe we should set up some home and homes with Penn State and Florida State.

Too bad none of those other schools would ever win the Colorado conference though. Maybe they won't appreciate being CU's bitch year in and year out.

heck.... lets make "Road Trip' conference.... invite schools for the road trips

UNLV- gambling
Tulane- French Qtr
Hawaii- duh
Cent FL- Disney World
ASU- golf & spas
SDSU- Sea World, beaches
Nevada- Tahoe

who else could we invite?

heck.... lets make "Road Trip' conference.... invite schools for the road trips

UNLV- gambling
Tulane- French Qtr
Hawaii- duh
Cent FL- Disney World
ASU- golf & spas
SDSU- Sea World, beaches
Nevada- Tahoe

who else could we invite?

In a perfect world, we'd be in a conference where we could visit Southern California at least once a year, the Pacific Northwest once a year and the Bay Area every year, or maybe every other year. An annual trip to the desert would be good for a change of scenery and maybe something in the mountains every other year.

In that perfect conference we'd never have to visit Pullman, but what are you gonna do?

Maybe we could trade WSU for Hawaii.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rapid-reports/post/15429486
"The Big 12 also said Houston will be a viable replacement for the Aggies"
Is Houston really a viable replacement for A&M? More of a sad substitute in my book.

Houston doesn't have the support that many high schools do in TX. I hope and pray the Big12-3 can stay together, but they'd need a bigger hit with a replacement than Houston. I can see Houston in the equation if they are to add 3 teams and the Cougs are one of them, but for UH to be the only replacement...pretty iffy

When I was a kid I got Andre Ware's rookie card. My grandma came over and I told her, "I got a Andre Ware!" And she said, "You got underwear?"

Back