What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A Note on OL Prospects for 2012

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
This year, more than most, don't get hung up on ratings. There are a ton of guys who will be 3* prospects from the west who are rated outside the top 20 OT or OG prospects who would usually be 4* or just below and in the top 20 in other years. It's ridiculously deep this year. Colorado has as many 4* caliber guys as you might see out of California in most years -- and California is also stacked this year. We're also seeing multiple top OLs from Arizona, Nevada and Washington out of the west.

Good year for CU to be loading up. Even if we get what look like 2nd tier guys, in most years they'd be 1st tier guys.

Now we just need some damn OL commitments to get this thing rolling.

This year, more than most, don't get hung up on ratings. There are a ton of guys who will be 3* prospects from the west who are rated outside the top 20 OT or OG prospects who would usually be 4* or just below and in the top 20 in other years. It's ridiculously deep this year. Colorado has as many 4* caliber guys as you might see out of California in most years -- and California is also stacked this year. We're also seeing multiple top OLs from Arizona, Nevada and Washington out of the west.

Good year for CU to be loading up. Even if we get what look like 2nd tier guys, in most years they'd be 1st tier guys.

Now we just need some damn OL commitments to get this thing rolling.

:nod:

I'd build a team around 3* OL that can come, redshirt and sit for another 2 years before taking the field. The 5* and 4* OL are great and would love a class full of them, but this is usually one place where I'd rather have a huge pipeline than 4* players that are severely needed and have to play as true freshmen.

How many OL are we graduating?

I'd build a team around 3* OL that can come, redshirt and sit for another 2 years before taking the field. The 5* and 4* OL are great and would love a class full of them, but this is usually one place where I'd rather have a huge pipeline than 4* players that are severely needed and have to play as true freshmen.

How many OL are we graduating?

Adkins, Behrens, Daniels, Iltis and Miller are seniors.

Back