What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A quick review of Mac's job performance

Then slider is right, if that is the definition of competetive (and I'd agree we were at least competetive), then we didn't need 4 years and full roster turnover to get there. I think that's all he was saying. "Competetive" is a low bar for even the worst programs to reach within 4 years.

This is another one of those arguments that can't be won. I felt that, given where we were as a program in December 2012, that it would take at least three, if not four years just to get to the point we are now. We are a year or two ahead of where I thought we would be. That's all my opinion, though. There's no way to be objective about it.

0fer in conference is not competitive. Anybody that argues that is brain dead.
Brain dead DBT reporting for action, sir! In a single game, would taking a team to overtime be considered competitive in that particular fame? How about leading in the 4th quarter before losing?

This is another one of those arguments that can't be won. I felt that, given where we were as a program in December 2012, that it would take at least three, if not four years just to get to the point we are now. We are a year or two ahead of where I thought we would be. That's all my opinion, though. There's no way to be objective about it.

Im not being snarky here, but what do you mean by" the point we are right now"? Is there some milestone that we have passed that you set when MM was hired?

Brain dead DBT reporting for action, sir! In a single game, would taking a team to overtime be considered competitive in that particular fame? How about leading in the 4th quarter before losing?

Private DBT! Did you or did you not want to give Dan Hawkins more time to dig out of the hole that we didn't realize how deep it was? At ease.

Hopefully Plati's eyes are opening that Allbuffs and new media is where its at. We are his friends, we love CU. The traditional media in Denver at least isn't an ally of the school.

Private DBT! Did you or did you not want to give Dan Hawkins more time to dig out of the hole that we didn't realize how deep it was? At ease.
Sir! Yes Sir! I actually was ready for him to be fired when he got the extension. Do you not agree that we look much more well coached and organized than they had been in the two previous regimes? The glaring issue was defense. It is now known that Mac, essentially, fired Baer and look who he replaced him with. In the very least, you have to give him that. He saw a weakness and fixed it. Hopefully.

Im not being snarky here, but what do you mean by" the point we are right now"? Is there some milestone that we have passed that you set when MM was hired?

"The point we are at right now" is losing, but not getting embarrassed in each game.

Sir! Yes Sir! I actually was ready for him to be fired when he got the extension. Do you not agree that we look much more well coached and organized than they had been in the two previous regimes? The glaring issue was defense. It is now known that Mac, essentially, fired Baer and look who he replaced him with. In the very least, you have to give him that. He saw a weakness and fixed it. Hopefully.

Of course we look better. I think 95% of Division 1 coaches could have gotten us to where we are now, and 95% of them would have us in a better place with regard to recruiting. Im very excited to have JL on staff, and I think he is a hell of a coach. Lets be honest here. If Baer didn't get shown the door this year, more than likely MM would have been shown the door next year. Im optimistic because of JL, not MM.

Of course we look better. I think 95% of Division 1 coaches could have gotten us to where we are now, and 95% of them would have us in a better place with regard to recruiting. Im very excited to have JL on staff, and I think he is a hell of a coach. Lets be honest here. If Baer didn't get shown the door this year, more than likely MM would have been shown the door next year. Im optimistic because of JL, not MM.

95% of coaches didn't want any part of us 2 years ago.

Well, there you have it. I 95% disagree with ya. Would 95% of coaches gotten SJSU into the top 25? Must be our tough luck the last 2 coaches were in the bottom 5%.

Well, there you have it. I 95% disagree with ya. Would 95% of coaches gotten SJSU into the top 25? Must be our tough luck the last 2 coaches were in the bottom 5%.

QB David Fales deserves a little credit for success at SJSU.

Then so does the coaching staff for finding and developing him

SJSU recruiting coordinator Terry Malley targeted Fales, and quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo recruited him away from Monterey Peninsula College.

Sad thing is that Colorado showed interest in Fales but never extended him a scholarship offer.

Hopefully Plati's eyes are opening that Allbuffs and new media is where its at. We are his friends, we love CU. The traditional media in Denver at least isn't an ally of the school.

And everything that made the traditional media good (confirming reports, vetting sources, editorial oversight, etc.) has gone out the window now as journalists seek to market & brand themselves through social media.

If Plati is looking at twitter, he's got to realize that Adam (Rivals) and even what gets posted by Ralphie Report, AllBuffs and other internet sites is much more responsible, informative and fair than what is coming from the Denver traditional media through the same outlet.

The biggest problem with HCMM is that we won't be able to hang onto him after next year or the 2016 season. I think Mac will get us to a top 25 ranking within the next two years and then a program with very deep pockets is going pay him huge $$ to turn their program around.

The biggest problem with HCMM is that we won't be able to hang onto him after next year or the 2016 season. I think Mac will get us to a top 25 ranking within the next two years and then a program with very deep pockets is going pay him huge $$ to turn their program around.
I wouldn't consider that scenario a "problem." Let's say your scenario plays out. I think if I'm Mac, I may want to "retire" from being a rebuilder. Perhaps he'd like to win and vie for titles.

Last edited:

We should be so lucky.

I wouldn't consider that scenario a "problem." Let's say your scenario plays out. I think if I'm Mac, I may want to "retire" from being a rebuilder. Perhaps he'd like to win and vie for titles.
Awesome, he can do that here

And everything that made the traditional media good (confirming reports, vetting sources, editorial oversight, etc.) has gone out the window now as journalists seek to market & brand themselves through social media.

If Plati is looking at twitter, he's got to realize that Adam (Rivals) and even what gets posted by Ralphie Report, AllBuffs and other internet sites is much more responsible, informative and fair than what is coming from the Denver traditional media through the same outlet.

At least in this market. The traditional print, radio and TV guys seem to think being snarky is the way. A few are ok. Logan is at least fair.

"The point we are at right now" is losing, but not getting embarrassed in each game.

I'm kind of confused with your expectations for the 4 years

2012: 1-11 (Embree's last year)
2013: ??
2014: ??
2015: ??
2016: 2-10

What improvements happen in years 1-3? 2-10 and winless in conference in year 4 gets any coach at any school fired

I'm kind of confused with your expectations for the 4 years

2012: 1-11 (Embree's last year)
2013: ??
2014: ??
2015: ??
2016: 2-10

What improvements happen in years 1-3? 2-10 and winless in conference in year 4 gets any coach at any school fired

I honestly didn't expect much in the way of tangible improvements in years 1-3. I expected to work through some very hard times while we got some players that would buy into MM's system. I thought the team was one giant suckhole in 2012 that would need to be basically all thrown out with new players put in their place and would suffer the inevitable consequences of such dramatic turnover. This, coupled with continuing improvement by our conference rivals, made me believe we were in for a very, very long rebuilding process. I hoped for better, but I expected much worse than what we got. Make no mistake, we still have a long way to go.

I honestly didn't expect much in the way of tangible improvements in years 1-3. I expected to work through some very hard times while we got some players that would buy into MM's system. I thought the team was one giant suckhole in 2012 that would need to be basically all thrown out with new players put in their place and would suffer the inevitable consequences of such dramatic turnover. This, coupled with continuing improvement by our conference rivals, made me believe we were in for a very, very long rebuilding process. I hoped for better, but I expected much worse than what we got. Make no mistake, we still have a long way to go.

To that point: there is no logical reason that CU shouldn't have been blown out in every single conference game + CSU last season.

This was a young, under-talented team with a major cultural issue to recover from. As bad as anyone may think it was, it was worse.

True, because I think Mac is the type to bail on his kid when his kid is a RS junior.

Don't get me wrong-this past week (between RG's shot at CSU and the defensive hires) was a great week for this program. We're all optimistic.........but we got a ways to go before this is even an issue. I'd be more concerned if I were Mac about doing enough on the field to make sure I'm still here in 2017. His seat isn't hot, but its time for this staff to start earning their paychecks. If theres no bowl bid the next two years, he's gone.

Back