What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

a request to elevate the discourse...

See what happens when you post an "elevated dicourse" thread? :rofl:

Dan Hawkins sucks as a football coach at CU and so does our football team as long as he is here. Even if he goes on to win more games than he loses next year, he is still a loser and is still the guy that lost to Montana State, got blown out by Toledo, went 2-10, and 3-9 with a team that should have been no worse than a Bowl team. It is obvious to everyone (even if DBT doesn't want to admit it) that he his tenure at CU will end with him being fired while never really winning anything here and the longer he is here the farther our program sinks. Get behind him if you want but you are just wasting everyone's time.

And yes, I fully believe he will have a far better season than this year's.

Go Buffs!

timmah, timmah, timmah...

i didn't say "get behind him" nor did i say we should suffer in silence. i've expressed my displeasure to the powers-that-be. i see no point in continuing to repeat the same complaints over and over and over again on the forum.

maybe "venting" makes you feel better but you've posted basically the same complaints a billion different times now in the last few weeks. i agree with you about the staff's failings. i really do. but, it is poisonous and counterproductive to continue to spew hate. it will do more harm than good on this site. write or call the regents, the president, the chancellor, and the athletic director. express your feelings appropriately to them.

wishing ill on hawkins when we are, apparently, stuck with him for another season serves no productive purpose. and, it may even negatively impact recruiting and public perception of the program (which are both already suffering, i admit, because of the staff's failings).

shoulder to shoulder time. maybe we can all just tone it down a bit?

712487.jpg

While I agree that :deadhorse: isn't useful, some of this post is ridiculous, like:

i am not advocating for censorship, but i am advocating for sense. the more negativity that abounds here and on the other boards, the less helpful it is to recruiting efforts. perhaps we all (myself included) can engage in a little self-moderation?...

Of course, DBT just deserves :lol: as usual.

That is pretty much what I've been trying to say. That is that all the negativity and bashing of Hawkins reflects on the program. Let us hope that Hawkins does a bit of reflecting, analyzes where he's gone wrong, and turns it around. Many successful people have learned from failure, IMO. Personally, I think he can turn it around.

BB's comment is right on.

I do not think anyone is rolling over and accepting anything. But I do have better things to do with my time than come on this site and bitch incessantly for the next nine months or to craft daily/weekly e-mails to DiStefano. If that amounts to me "rolling over," so be it. What is said on Allbuffs makes no difference, none whatsoever. But again, have at it if you really want to spend an entire football offseason doing that.

As is well-documented elsewhere, this group has done very little with recruiting over their tenure, and after this 3-9 campaign, why anyone has higher expectations is beyond me. We're going to end up in the 40s or 50s (currently 60 and 72 in Rivals and Scout, respectively).

The athletic talent on the field this year was less over-matched than any in 10 years. There were no 70-3 beatings or total humiliations. There was lots of bad coaching, bad penalties, game mismanagement, etc. But the athletes are better than in a long time imo.

Recruiting is important and it's pretty difficult to do it well when the team is losing and thus 2010 will likely end up like 2009, if not worst. But there's a bunch of guys who are Sophomores and younger on this team that are very good. That's due to recruiting well.

i expect that we will hear basically nothing of substance from hawkins now until the recruiting luncheon. bohn has done all the damage control he can do at this point. hawkins will, i suspect, be told the stay under the radar for awhile now.

so, as we head into the heart of the recruiting season, let us hope that this staff has a few tricks up their sleeves and that they can bring in some playmakers.

i believe the vast majority of fans are very unhappy with the state of the program (rightfully so), but what is done is done now.

if hawkins is going to be here next season, we aren't doing anything useful by continuing to point out the staff's many, many failings.

let's all agree that, to date, they have failed. many of us also believe that the prospect of this staff turning it around may be slim. but, for better or worse, we are now tied to hawkins (and whomever he has on his staff) for another year. so, i will wish him success because if they succeed, the program succeeds.

like many others, i have expressed my views to the administration. this is all we can do at this point. we are, unfortunately, just passengers on the train.

i am not advocating for censorship, but i am advocating for sense. the more negativity that abounds here and on the other boards, the less helpful it is to recruiting efforts. perhaps we all (myself included) can engage in a little self-moderation?

just a thought...

Excellent post, thanks.

I'll try it on my end. We've got what we've got for the next season, so go Buffs!

i expect that we will hear basically nothing of substance from hawkins now until the recruiting luncheon. bohn has done all the damage control he can do at this point. hawkins will, i suspect, be told the stay under the radar for awhile now.

so, as we head into the heart of the recruiting season, let us hope that this staff has a few tricks up their sleeves and that they can bring in some playmakers.

i believe the vast majority of fans are very unhappy with the state of the program (rightfully so), but what is done is done now.

if hawkins is going to be here next season, we aren't doing anything useful by continuing to point out the staff's many, many failings.

let's all agree that, to date, they have failed. many of us also believe that the prospect of this staff turning it around may be slim. but, for better or worse, we are now tied to hawkins (and whomever he has on his staff) for another year. so, i will wish him success because if they succeed, the program succeeds.

like many others, i have expressed my views to the administration. this is all we can do at this point. we are, unfortunately, just passengers on the train.

i am not advocating for censorship, but i am advocating for sense. the more negativity that abounds here and on the other boards, the less helpful it is to recruiting efforts. perhaps we all (myself included) can engage in a little self-moderation?

just a thought...

i like this tactic.

from now on i am going to pretend to be positive.

in fact...i may start a thread where i subtly point out that there are many, many failings in our staff, and that we are now stuck with that staff for another year...but, if approached properly, i think i could make the thread appear to take the high road.

perhaps i would even point out (subtly of course) that the impact of other threads (not my thread of course) that are negative in nature, may have a distinctly negative impact on the very fabric of our program.

i am gonna start on that right away...

i like this tactic.

from now on i am going to pretend to be positive.

in fact...i may start a thread where i subtly point out that there are many, many failings in our staff, and that we are now stuck with that staff for another year...but, if approached properly, i think i could make the thread appear to take the high road.

perhaps i would even point out (subtly of course) that the impact of other threads (not my thread of course) that are negative in nature, may have a distinctly negative impact on the very fabric of our program.

i am gonna start on that right away...

my snark meter is detecting extremely high levels in your post!!! :lol:

Dan Hawkins sucks as a football coach at CU and so does our football team as long as he is here. Even if he goes on to win more games than he loses next year, he is still a loser and is still the guy that lost to Montana State, got blown out by Toledo, went 2-10, and 3-9 with a team that should have been no worse than a Bowl team. It is obvious to everyone (even if DBT doesn't want to admit it) that he his tenure at CU will end with him being fired while never really winning anything here and the longer he is here the farther our program sinks. Get behind him if you want but you are just wasting everyone's time.

And yes, I fully believe he will have a far better season than this year's.

Go Buffs!

Thank you for this extrmely original and thoughtful post that I have not read a thousand times in dozens of other threads. It's refreshing to see some honest criticism of this coaching staff for a change. :rolleyes:

1. Agree with the original post. I don't think negativity hurts the program near as much as it hurts AllBuffs. This is a great site, let's keep it that way.

Back