What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A (way-too) early look at 2016....

1. A couple (at least) of the new WRs need to play well, and play a lot, early on.

2. A healthy O-Line would be great.

3. I can stretch to 5 wins, but it's really hard to find #6.

I thought I would take a look at CU's schedule -

Games where CU will be a huge favorite:
Idaho State

Games where CU will be a favorite
Colorado State
Oregon State

Games where CU is not favored but winnable.
Arizona State
Washington State
Utah
Arizona
UCLA ( I only put that here because we seem to do well against the incredibly talented Bruins)

Games that are probably no hope. (double digit dog)

Oregon
Michigan
USC
Stanford

In my mind there are 8 games where we have to manufacture 6 wins. I only see one sure win - Idaho State - but two probable wins in CSU and Oregon State. If we can be 3-0 in those games we have to get 3 more wins out of the slight underdog category. I look for wins over WSU, Utah and Arizona as our best shots.

This assumes that we have adequate QB play. My major concern is the CSU game, an early stumble there would put CU in a hole early and force them to manufacture another win as an underdog.
Given how pessimistic BNG has been in recent years (and he was proven to be right), this is a ray of sunshine on 2016!

Most of us have been on winning and losing teams, sometimes the reasons for the differences between the two are nearly impossible to see. Raw talent and results don't always align, and I'm thinking (hoping?) MacIntyre is the kind of guy who can build a team that can exceed their physical abilities. This is the year he has to prove that, though. Team cohesiveness and confidence in a system can hide many sins, and that's what I'm expecting to see on the field this year - resulting in a bowl game.

Analyzing things to death isn't my style, but supporting the worthless pukes I stand behind is. So, **** all of you nattering nabobs of negativity. I firmly believe that there is enough talent to pull together and win more than the six to make a bowl game. I, for one, pledge to be at that bowl game, where you Eyeores can officially kiss my ass.

Go Buffs!

Most of us have been on winning and losing teams, sometimes the reasons for the differences between the two are nearly impossible to see. Raw talent and results don't always align, and I'm thinking (hoping?) MacIntyre is the kind of guy who can build a team that can exceed their physical abilities. This is the year he has to prove that, though. Team cohesiveness and confidence in a system can hide many sins, and that's what I'm expecting to see on the field this year - resulting in a bowl game.

Analyzing things to death isn't my style, but supporting the worthless pukes I stand behind is. So, **** all of you nattering nabobs of negativity. I firmly believe that there is enough talent to pull together and win more than the six to make a bowl game. I, for one, pledge to be at that bowl game, where you Eyeores can officially kiss my ass.

Go Buffs!
And Ogre goes Spiro T. Agnew on your ass...

Go Buffs!
I've never been on a winning team. As a matter of fact, I've never been on a team at all. When they picked teams, I was always the only one left and it was, like, "sorry DBT. We're all full. Maybe next time." And I'd say, "But your team has one less guy than their team." And they were, like, "Well, umm, it's a new rule."

I've never been on a winning team. As a matter of fact, I've never been on a team at all. When they picked teams, I was always the only one left and it was, like, "sorry DBT. We're all full. Maybe next time." And I'd say, "But your team has one less guy than their team." And they were, like, "Well, umm, it's a new rule."
Obviously I wasn't speaking to you, Dodge Ball Target.

I agree with the 3 must wins. I think one factor that can either hurt us or help us significantly early in the season is the change to the offense. There will be no to minimal tape on us for the first few games, and lots of guessing by opposing D-Coordinators. If Sefo is healthy and our offense can pick up and execute these new plays and formations, I could see us going 2-0 and maybe even stealing a win in Ann Arbor or Eugene.

If we are a discombobulated mess to start the season with a limited playbook due to issues learning the new offense, we very easily could lay an egg against CSU and cripple our chances of making a bowl. I want to be positive, but watching the million false starts, delay of games, and general pre-snap confusion we've had the past couple seasons doesn't give me much hope. I don't know if we've ever needed the CSU game this badly? Lots of pressure and expectation for a game on the first weekend in September.

Our strengths on O are WR and RB
I

Uhm, what? We have exactly one WR's who has shown ability as a P5 player and he is a transfer and we haven't seen him yet. The others on the team haven't shown squat......Oh and don't get me started on the RB's. There we have exactly no one who would start for any of the other teams in the conference.

I have hope that CU will turn the corner this year, but my realistic expectations are no more than 2-3 wins this year.

Uhm, what? We have exactly one WR's who has shown ability as a P5 player and he is a transfer and we haven't seen him yet. The others on the team haven't shown squat......Oh and don't get me started on the RB's. There we have exactly no one who would start for any of the other teams in the conference.

I have hope that CU will turn the corner this year, but my realistic expectations are no more than 2-3 wins this year.

Now dont be bringing that reality **** in here. This is the land of unicorns sunshine and bunnies. o_Oo_Oo_O

You keep posting stuff like this for no reason.

So?

You are you trying to tell me posts on an entertainment bbs are supposed to heave reason? Cause if thats the case you could wipe 2/3 of this place away. And it'd be about as exciting as BuffBackers.

Look, the man makes a point that we have questions at WR and I am backing his side. There is very little to be optimistic about on the offensive side of the ball. Lots of unproven. No obvious difference makers. Your best player is Sefo.

In other words dont drink the Kool Aid is what I am saying. We'll likely get our 6 wins on the backs of our defense or players we've not yet heard of.

Last edited:
I would say that Shay Fields has shown plenty of ability as a P5 WR, and our RBs are fine. The players who open the holes for said RBs... Well, that's a different story.

So, I would agree with @Lukeasaurus that our strengths on offense are WR and RB. That doesn't mean they are top tier positions in the Pac, but they are our offensive strengths nonetheless.

Shay Fields had 598 yards receiving on a 14.2 average last season.
Devin Ross had 324 yards receiving on a 13.0 average last season.

Claiming they haven't shown ability as P5 receivers is ridiculous.

Looking for the NBA point spread this morning, saw the early line is Buffs -10 v. csu. Vegas Insider

I do think our RBs are average to below average at best (to date). But the good news is that (i) if Carr can pull it all together he can be pretty good, (ii) if Adkins can stay healthy and pull it all together he can be pretty good, and (iii) Bisharat has a chance to be special. So the RB position is still better than we've had in a while because there are at least three players with potential. Odds are decent at least one of them blossoms, assuming the O line is any good...

I think Winfree, Huntley, Fields etc will make some noise this year. Wonder if Julimisse will get some run too? Some of the older guys need to step up their game, not gonna mention names.

I think Winfree, Huntley, Fields etc will make some noise this year. Wonder if Julimisse will get some run too? Some of the older guys need to step up their game, not gonna mention names.

I will mention names.

Bobo needs to train hard, practice hard, and play every play hard. He's got the skills. He hasn't shown his coaches, QBs and teammates he can be relied upon. If he does, he can be really good.

Ross needs to stay out of his own head, play loose, and keep discipline on his routines on focus/ball security when catching. If he does that, there's no question he's a thousand yard receiver.

I will mention names.

Bobo needs to train hard, practice hard, and play every play hard. He's got the skills. He hasn't shown his coaches, QBs and teammates he can be relied upon. If he does, he can be really good.

Ross needs to stay out of his own head, play loose, and keep discipline on his routines on focus/ball security when catching. If he does that, there's no question he's a thousand yard receiver.
I've been on the Bobo fan wagon for a while. However, I've now fallen off since it is apparent that it is internal, rather than external, reasons are why he's not getting more play.

Probably means he's gonna go for 1000 and 10TDs this year.

I've been on the Bobo fan wagon for a while. However, I've now fallen off since it is apparent that it is internal, rather than external, reasons are why he's not getting more play.

Probably means he's gonna go for 1000 and 10TDs this year.

Wouldn't that be a nice surprise. He's capable.

His odds get a lot better with you off the bandwagon. Stay away. Don't let him be another Donta Abron. :mad:

Wouldn't that be a nice surprise. He's capable.

His odds get a lot better with you off the bandwagon. Stay away. Don't let him be another Donta Abron. :mad:
Dino Gordon is the latest victim. :(. I was initially on the King bandwagon, then I got off. Worked great. :cry:

He better bring it in fall camp or he'll get passed up. (Bobo) Wouldn't kill him to work his ass off this summer either.

assuming the D plays as well and injury-free as most on this board expect. The key to getting 5 or more wins will be OL run blocking. Lee, Bisharat and Carr putting up solid and consistent rushing yards will go a long way toward easing pressure on whatever warm-body occupies the QB position.

I haven't seen Bobo show enough explosiveness or ability to get open to be as high on him as Nik I guess.

I am hopeful Chev can coach the group up and that some of the fresh faces are "all that" because I still don't think this returning group has a single Pac12 starting receiver in it and only Fields would make a roster elsewhere. If Chev can transform that and Adams can solidify the line (I'm actually confident in that), then I think Sefo can get us to 6 wins if he stays healthy.

I haven't seen Bobo show enough explosiveness or ability to get open to be as high on him as Nik I guess.

I am hopeful Chev can coach the group up and that some of the fresh faces are "all that" because I still don't think this returning group has a single Pac12 starting receiver in it and only Fields would make a roster elsewhere. If Chev can transform that and Adams can solidify the line (I'm actually confident in that), then I think Sefo can get us to 6 wins if he stays healthy.

Please God, make it so. Accept our virgin sacrafices to assuage this epoch of blight and pestilence you've rained upon us. In thy name we pray.

Back