What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

Folsom Field Events! You can rent the Byron White Stadium Club or several spaces in the Champions Center. We rented the Rooftop Lounge (and had access to the terrace, even though the weather was mediocre that particular April Saturday. The RL can seat 80 people max; we had 66 (if you specifically rent the terrace, you can seat about 600!). It was a pleasure working with the staff there; Levy is the caterer and the food was pretty good. We had stuffed Ralphies for centerpieces; he wore black and I wore gold. We had many compliments on our wedding and of the space.

And yes - I was the bride! And I was actually the one who did the research and found out that we could do it there!
That’s some damn strong work

I would have never extended him....The Buffs were no shows the last two games against UW and OSU....Would have rolled the dice...MM at least made us marginally competitive....Not many coaches that have a 119-56 in 15 years of coaching....with only two losing seasons. FWIW....Les Miles record is 141-55....Both upgrades....

I have no idea what "rolled the dice" means in this context.

Just told Mrs BuffUp the news. Not surprised and first thing she said..."I think He tried, tried real hard" and "we don't get the players we should."

MM, assuming he closes out with 2 L's....will have made 600k per win over the past two years...not too shabby...or 1.5M per conference win. And we are celebrating that he tried hard? When you make 3M per....gotta do more than try hard....

My goodness man read just a few posts above to even understand the context of the thread.

Even a casual fan (which assume Ms. BuffUp is) can appreciate the work, sucess and overall improvement MacIntyre had as the football coach. It's become clear on the field, in the press and throughout the fanbase the time has come to transition to a new phase/era of CU football.

I think he means RG should’ve “rolled the dice” that MacIntyre would’ve actually left after the 2016 season without an extension.

It would be hilarious to witness the meltdown around here if they don’t fire him.
giphy.gif

It would be hilarious to witness the meltdown around here if they don’t fire him.

Yeah, that would be mediocre. Can you afford not to fire him? How have season ticket sales, game day receipts, and merchandise sales been trending? How will they trend if we keep him? How will they trend with an out of the park hire? How will they trend with another G5 hire?

Rick has shown he can get donations absent football success. But his job would probably be easier with success.

FWIW -- Troy Renck was on 104.3 TheFan this morning around 7:45 and says he still stands by his sources that Mike Mac is gone at seasons end.
I sure hope he's right. I really wish we see it no later than this Sunday but I have my doubts. We are CU after all.

Yeah, that would be mediocre. Can you afford not to fire him? How have season ticket sales, game day receipts, and merchandise sales been trending? How will they trend if we keep him? How will they trend with an out of the park hire? How will they trend with another G5 hire?

Rick has shown he can get donations absent football success. But his job would probably be easier with success.
getting The Mad Hatter would instantly increase season ticket sales, merchandise food & beer

getting The Mad Hatter would instantly increase season ticket sales, merchandise food & beer

He's so far, the highest quality/lowest risk option mentioned, in a decision that is both expensive and fraught with risk if you look back on history...

G5 HC (High point, AP#9, 9 game weeks ranked over 6 seasons),
NFL Asst (n/a, 0 weeks in 2 seasons),
G5 HC (n/a, 0 weeks in 5 seasons),
P5 HC (AP#3, 26 weeks in 7 seasons),
P5 CU Asst (AP#5, 36 weeks in 4 seasons),
P5 Asst (AP#1, 86 weeks, 13 seasons)

Last edited:
FWIW -- Troy Renck was on 104.3 TheFan this morning around 7:45 and says he still stands by his sources that Mike Mac is gone at seasons end.
I sure hope he's right. I really wish we see it no later than this Sunday but I have my doubts. We are CU after all.

If there's one guy we can rely upon for accurate information, it's Anonymous Source Guy. That guy is never wrong. Back in '12 he correctly predicted Butch Jones would become the next CU head coach. Later, he correctly predicted Rick George would take the Illinois AD job. Now, he's most certainly correct that Mac will be gone at the end of the season. If Anonymous Source Guys says it's true, by God we better believe him. All hail Anonymous Source Guy!

If there's one guy we can rely upon for accurate information, it's Anonymous Source Guy. That guy is never wrong. Back in '12 he correctly predicted Butch Jones would become the next CU head coach. Later, he correctly predicted Rick George would take the Illinois AD job. Now, he's most certainly correct that Mac will be gone at the end of the season. If Anonymous Source Guys says it's true, by God we better believe him. All hail Anonymous Source Guy!

FWIW, everyone knew the source of the Butch Jones talk.

FWIW, everyone knew the source of the Butch Jones talk.

Yep, but back in those days he sometimes went by Unnamed Source Guy. Same guy, though, and he's never been wrong. If he ever gave bogus information, he knows he'd be held fully accountable by the media, the public, and CU administrators. That's why he's always right.

I think he’s gone too but watching the meltdown would be funny.

I don't trust anybody with a voice as high as his. Neither does Derek Woof.

I'm a student and supposedly he told the players. I kind of doubt it considering how quickly that would get released. But that's what I've heard.

I'm a student and supposedly he told the players. I kind of doubt it considering how quickly that would get released. But that's what I've heard.

Unless you hear it from someone who was there - ie, a player, coach, assistant or trainer in this case - take everything you hear on a college campus with a grain of salt.

College campuses are dens of rumor mongering and other bullshittery.

Back