What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

About Bob Stoops

Unleash Hell

I tried to corect myself in the origional thread, but it seems like everybody is getting the wrong message.

I was wrong to say he was a fricken joke, I don't think he is a joke of a coach (but, he is a little overatted, but still a damn good coach and recruiter), I just think he is a joke of a person. I was just happy to see him get his teeth knocked in again, and maybe went overboard by making it sound like I think he is a bad coach. I just hate his arrogance and how he treats people. Hell even to Katoa it doesn't appear Stoops cares if his kids get degrees, he just wants to win.

Last edited:
Why not add this to the thread you already started on the topic? :smile2:

when we happened upon him this past summer when showing my mom norman, and the team was coming in from practice, he was cordial as can be. smiled, and exchanged quick small talk.

i have met a few arrogant assholes in my time. in that moment, he did not really seem to be one. nor was he during any of the university events i have been to with ubt. not even after tech beat the sooner in lubbock this year.

i am going to guess if he was a raging asshole it would have come through at some point?

my post on your previous thread was in response to your claim that he is overrated. How many coaches have dominated their leagues for as long or as thoroughly as he has dominated the B12? Tressel? Maybe Carroll? Meyer might have as impressive a resume.
Other than those three, I can't think of any.

I don't really have a strong opinion as to whether he resembles a rat.

To all of this I say:

Does no one remember the game (I believe that it was the 2005 Big XII Champ Game) when he went for the FAKE field goal when up in the second half by 24 points?! I could be getting some of the details wrong, but the main idea is there. Everytime we beat Stoops (especially this year, destroying their NC hopes) it's very, very sweet. I hope OU gets their teeth kicked in every single game.

when we happened upon him this past summer when showing my mom norman, and the team was coming in from practice, he was cordial as can be. smiled, and exchanged quick small talk.

i have met a few arrogant assholes in my time. in that moment, he did not really seem to be one. nor was he during any of the university events i have been to with ubt. not even after tech beat the sooner in lubbock this year.

i am going to guess if he was a raging asshole it would have come through at some point?

Did you check your purse afterward? :wink2:

I kind of like Stoops. I even liked the on-side kick call. He knew they couldn't stop White and their only chance to keep momentum would be to stick in the end-zone right away. The two-point conversion was a no-brainer unless you are a retard announcer (if your name isn't Troy Aikman and you are an announcer you probably fit in that category) or can honestly explain the difference between 4 and 5 points in a one touchdown football game! At least Stoops has the cajones to make a call like that. I think Hawk probably would have done the same thing. Who cares if he's nice to the press or the other team. As for caring about grades, IMO that's up to the athlete. All you have to do is go to class. The reason you are getting your education paid for is that you can play football, what you do with the education is your own business. I guess I still think when you hit 18 and want to be treated like a man, some personal accountability goes along with that.

I tried to corect myself in the origional thread, but it seems like everybody is getting the wrong message.

I was wrong to say he was a fricken joke, I don't think he is a joke of a coach (but, he is a little overatted, but still a damn good coach and recruiter), I just think he is a joke of a person. I was just happy to see him get his teeth knocked in again, and maybe went overboard by making it sound like I think he is a bad coach. I just hate his arrogance and how he treats people. Hell even to Katoa it doesn't appear Stoops cares if his kids get degrees, he just wants to win.

Without any personal experience, as LB points out quite the opposite, how can you make that judgement call?

Sure, I put Carroll ahead of everyone in the nation right now. But Bob Stoops would still be one of the top 20 guys. He is a strong recruiter but he is sliping as a game day coach. I attribute this to two things; a conservative offense and the revolving door his coaching staff has seen the last few years. Bobby Bowden had the same experience and the same problems.

Did you check your purse afterward? :wink2:

yes. i found that i was not dead yet. :lol:

Without any personal experience, as LB points out quite the opposite, how can you make that judgement call?

Sure, I put Carroll ahead of everyone in the nation right now. But Bob Stoops would still be one of the top 20 guys. He is a strong recruiter but he is sliping as a game day coach. I attribute this to two things; a conservative offense and the revolving door his coaching staff has seen the last few years. Bobby Bowden had the same experience and the same problems.

good point. he has certainly pumped out a lot of coaching talent. it must take a while to mentor up?

The two-point conversion was a no-brainer unless you are a retard announcer (if your name isn't Troy Aikman and you are an announcer you probably fit in that category) or can honestly explain the difference between 4 and 5 points in a one touchdown football game!

I'll explain it: At that point, OU was down by 5 points. It was in the middle of the third quarter, maybe 7 minutes to go. So there's 22 minutes of game time left. If OU kicks the PAT, they're down by 4. With 22 minutes of game time remaining, there's still an excellent chance that WVA will kick a field goal, meaning OU would then be down by a factor of 7. BUT, if OU chunks the 2 pt conversion (which they did), then they're down by 5, and a field goal puts them down by 8. So if OU scores a touchdown, they're forced to go for two, which means if WVA scores again (remember, there's lots of time left in the game) then OU is down by 9 points when they should have only been down by 7. See the 2003 CU/NU game as the prime example of what I'm talking about.

It's a blatantly stupid call to go for two before the 4th quarter. That call, and the onside kick, killed any momentum OU had and effectively ended any chance they had at winning the game.

why are we apologizing for this asshole, he is a pompus arrogant constantly whining prick. when he was waxing barney every year he loved rubbing it in. I think his players looked like their sick of him. for all his yelling his players didn't play for him. OU can suck it, they in one game brought out all the old big 12 jokes.

here is a modest suggestion: for all who think their playcalling and motivation is far superior to stoops - why not go after the coin that a ncaa coach makes? why in the hell are you hanging around making less, when coaching is clearly your passion?

here is a modest suggestion: for all who think their playcalling and motivation is far superior to stoops - why not go after the coin that a ncaa coach makes? why in the hell are you hanging around making less, when coaching is clearly your passion?

Who says I'm making less?

:lol:

i believe my record in EASports NCAA College Football speaks for its self. :cool:

:lol::wink2:

Who says I'm making less?

:lol:

if you make in the neighborhood of a mil a year, then that is a daisy. just remind me of the bank you are at so i can pass the work on to any friends in the area that their savings could clearly do better somewhere else. :smile2:

So now we can't criticize anyone who makes more jack than us? Does that include the POTUS and my boss?

So now we can't criticize anyone who makes more jack than us? Does that include the POTUS and my boss?

if you could please point out where i said nobody can criticise another who makes more than they, i would be interested in seeing it.

it is a simple enough concept as it stands. you can think of it as a challenge to change your life -- if anyone is so ****ing good at coaching, step up to the plate. you will be renumerated handsomely for being the sole person in the universe whose poo never stinks.

as for the president or your boss - if you want their position, find out what it would take to gun for it, and good luck. have fun storming the castle.

stoopsbcs.jpg

They fired you???

I posted it a while back. My 17 year old plays in a Y league. They are required to have a "coach." My 23 year old usually does it, but he couldn't make a game. So I sat on the bench and "coached." My kid told me to just keep my mouth shut. :lol: Of course, they won the game, thus I am 1-0. I'm leaving out my soccer coaching career stats! I coached my daughters
4v4 league when she was 6. It wasn't pretty.

Back