What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Academic casualties

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Not a big surprise, but Ringo is reporting that Justin Favors has been denied admission. This means he likely has quite a bit of work to do to get into CU. Not looking good. Additionally, two of the better looking prospects in the class, Donnie Duncan and Harold Mobley, are also looking suspect. From everything I have heard, Mobley is looking like a longshot with Duncan being a bit more realistic.

There is some good news as well. Tony Jones has made it in and it sounds like all the RB recruits will make it in. Jones can make an impact right away.

Mobley is the one I'll miss but we knew this was going to be an issue. Can't basically fire your coach in November then take it back and expect to have any kind of success

Yeah was hoping that Mobley would get in too. He seemed like a good potential DE/OLB hybrid type guy (I know he was a "TE" recruit). Still holding out hope.

With the number of schollies offered at TE, you had to figure they were just trying to see which ones would stick.

I heard from a friend of a friend, if you will, that Favors just needs to take a test and do well. He has not been denied; he just didn't complete all the requirements for admissions yet.

If we are talking ACT or SAT (and I'm just guessing that is what he meant),
There was an ACT on April 10 and another one scheduled on June 12.
SAT offers a June 5, 2010.

If that's what it is, and he can take it and achieve the magic numbers, it may not be over yet.

Nice work Boulder, good to see we have some good news with the bad for a change. I really hope Mobley gets his crap together, think that guy can be a player.

I need to give AZ some credit here. According to some scoop he had on his site, supposedly from a staff member:

Favors: Denied for now. Needs an improved test score.

Duncan & Mobley: In. (My opinion: since they're CA guys, there's probably some contingency there b/c I think they're both in trimester systems).

It's actually looking much better than we all had feared. We took risks on a number of guys that were 4* talents but had other schools shy away because of academic concerns. Guys like Tony Jones, Cordary Clark, Harold Mobley and Donnie Duncan head that list. I also heard from SD (Admin on Rivals) that Favors is the guy that may be the most underrated in this class since he had academic concerns and was very late to get film out.

I need to give AZ some credit here. According to some scoop he had on his site, supposedly from a staff member:

Favors: Denied for now. Needs an improved test score.

Duncan & Mobley: In. (My opinion: since they're CA guys, there's probably some contingency there b/c I think they're both in trimester systems).

It's actually looking much better than we all had feared. We took risks on a number of guys that were 4* talents but had other schools shy away because of academic concerns. Guys like Tony Jones, Cordary Clark, Harold Mobley and Donnie Duncan head that list. I also heard from SD (Admin on Rivals) that Favors is the guy that may be the most underrated in this class since he had academic concerns and was very late to get film out.

That's a whole lot of good news. I'm particularly excited about the potential of Tony Jones.

I will be shocked if Mobley and Duncan are both here come August. Less so if Favors can get the needed test score. It would certainly be a blow to lose those three guys (especially Mobley), but losing only three to academics would be a pleasant surprise. We took fliers on a lot of guys with questions three months ago.

I should have known that, since this was posted on the Football Forum, that it was not about my kid. Oh well.

If we only lose one guy from this class that is amazing considering the rumors about a bunch of them before NSD.

Mobley was pretty much always a long shot, I had herd Duncan was an academic reach, maybe he makes it. Favors was news to me. There are alwyas a couple of guys who don't make it. It's too bad.

Back