What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

According to Beebe: Big 10 seems done expanding for Big 12 teams

JimmyBuff

Beebe spoke to Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany Friday after the league invited Nebraska. Asked during a conference call Beebe said, "At this point, as far as we're concerned my understanding is [the Big Ten is done with Big 12 teams]."

It looks like Missouri is OUT of Big Ten expansion plans. Hello, Mountain West? Stay tuned. I'm hoping to talk to Delany directly about it.

LOL at Missouri. The ones that started it are left out in the cold.

Delaney wouldn't it confirm it though.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/22509639

If the B10 does raid the north just a bit more, it would mean that there will be no penalties for realligning, no? There are 9 million reasons to hope that Mizzou and the B10 can find common ground.

ladyblaise said:
If the B10 does raid the north just a bit more, it would mean that there will be no penalties for realligning, no? There are 9 million reasons to hope that Mizzou and the B10 can find common ground.
Yes! If we are going to end up with most of the b12 south in the PAC then we should root for at least 9 exits. Otherwise I hope it is just us and maybe 3 other teams max

What are the Mizzou boards saying? They must have their panties jammed so far into their asses that they have skid breath....

With all due respect, at this time, I would be less inclined to measure what is going to happen by what the fan boards are saying, and more by the actions of the suits. UBT is still under the delusion that Okie will join A&M and bolt for the SEC. I gave him a hard stare and asked if they have an invite in Norman being as they whored itself out. "No. BUT--" started his response. It was clear I had to activate the "ignore" button in my ear.

When he was done flapping, I did comment that if the SEC wanted them, they would have moved after Oklahoma begged for an invite. It would be a done deal right now. This really is too much for my Sooner-half's ego to bear.

And that, my friends, is entertainment.

The message board chatter is pure comedy....Mizzou fans must be in a world of hurt. I think we can predict what will happen early next week regarding where the relevant remaining B12 teams are going...

Mizzou was idiotic through this whole process and never truly understood that they add very little to the Big Ten. Nebraska's athletic prestige and TV ratings were enough for the Big Ten Presidents and Chancellors to "accept" their academic resume. Mizzou adds very little to the Big Ten Network, as they recently signed deals to gain Expanded Cable access in St. Louis and probably will get more with the Fuskers in the mix too.

Basically Mizzou is in the same position as Pitt, but lacking the research and academic chops that the Panthers can deliver.

Funny as hell that now they have to tuck tail and huddle up with the Big Tenlve (idk?). The Big Ten is now 12, and the Big 12 is now 10. WTF!

Agreed. I think the next move for the Big Ten is go East to break up the Big East. They still want Notre Dame the most.

Missouri is a nobody although I admit it seems like they have done a good job with their facilities and **** (Bohn should follow what they did in terms of that)

Missouri is probably worth more to the SEC than the Big Ten. St. Louis/KC would be "new" grounds for them. Missouri-Kansas-Arkansas would be a good rivalry. Missouri-Kentucky would be a natural fit.

Just like Pittsburgh is worth more to the ACC than the Big Ten, Pitt is new grounds for them and would be good rivals with Maryland, Virginia, etc.

Look at the bright side.
Despite the lack of a Big 10 offer, Mizsou still got what they wanted.
They'll never get bossed around again by the Big12 South.
Chances are that they won't be going to the Alamo Bowl or Houston Bowl or Cotton Bowl or Texas Bowl or Jerryworld anytime soon.
Mission accomplished.

:snicker:

Back