What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Accountability

Uncle Ken

Smoke Chedda tha Ass Getta
Club Member
I don't start threads often.

And I know that the "#Fire..." threads are already happening.

But I'd like to frame yesterday's performance and next steps in the context of accountability.

If an elementary school teacher exposes him/her self to students, there needs to be accountability.

If a firefighter enjoys a beer while watching a house burn, he/she needs to be held accountable.

Yesterday's performance was on par with those hypotheticals (without the legal components).

The team needs to witness the accountability. It's healthy for an organization.

The fans needs to witness the accountability - it demonstrates that the pastime in which we invest our time, money and energy is worthy of our concern.

I acknowledge that contracts make accountability challenging. But somehow, someway, that accountability should be visible and swift. It's how leadership works. We hold each other to standards.

The problem comes when those who have the authority and responsibility to uphold accountability do not act in an accountable manner themselves.

I don't start threads often.

And I know that the "#Fire..." threads are already happening.

But I'd like to frame yesterday's performance and next steps in the context of accountability.

If an elementary school teacher exposes him/her self to students, there needs to be accountability.

If a firefighter enjoys a beer while watching a house burn, he/she needs to be held accountable.

Yesterday's performance was on par with those hypotheticals (without the legal components).

The team needs to witness the accountability. It's healthy for an organization.

The fans needs to witness the accountability - it demonstrates that the pastime in which we invest our time, money and energy is worthy of our concern.

I acknowledge that contracts make accountability challenging. But somehow, someway, that accountability should be visible and swift. It's how leadership works. We hold each other to standards.
I'll repeat what I said last night. If Chev still has a job on Monday morning I'm done with CU football until there are even bigger changes.

We have already heard the we are young excuse. The we need to start over with everything card has been played.

Now we just need some emails from former players and a framed photo of a buffalo in the snow, and the cycle will be complete.
I think I’ve found the issue…no catchy phrases like uncommon, Welcome To the Fight (W.T.T.F.), Relentless, or Integrity. Come on KD, whatchoo got?

They’ll blame it on the Shroud injury, point to the great success in 2020 and bring everyone back.
Not sure if they is RG or KD here. I think KD seemed to realize how bad yesterday’s performance was based on his comments to the media.

Never like to root for someone to lose a job, but this thread is spot on. You cannot have duds three games in a row, including a <100 yard total offense day against a middle of the road P5 team, and not have something change.

I was the maintenance officer in a squadron once, when a good Sailor, with the best intentions made a mistake (completed maintenance he wasn't authorized to perform anymore in order to get an aircraft back home). I was really struggling to pull his quals, because, again a good Sailor with good intentions.

The Wing Maintenance Officer pulled me aside. The Wing MO was a 30-year LDO Commander, who appears to have been surviving only on coffee and cigarettes for most of his career.

He said, "Uncle Ken. The entire squadron is watching you right now to see how you'll respond. They need you to hold this Sailor accountable. And the person who needs you to hold him accountable the most, is the Sailor himself."

He was right. I'll say it again: Healthy organizations hold each other accountable to standards.

Last edited:
Demoting Chiv is dangerous. He doesn’t have the maturity to handle it IMO especially after his antics campaigning for HC and forcing his way into OC as the consolation prize. He should be fired. And sell real estate. I’m dead serious.
I think his stock is so low right now he doesn't have another choice but to go along with it if it happens-If I need a WR coach, I'm not hiring him. His play calling is bad, and the play of his group has been unacceptable.

Don't do anything with Chev...just turn off his mic, steal his red stapler, and move his office into the basement. Let some e-Sports champion call the plays from his basement. At a minimum, the play calling will be less predictable and you save $600K.

Kidding...kind of.

We have had the discussion here on the difference between blame and responsibility. We can lay the blame for that festering pile of **** we saw yesterday squarely at the feet of Darren Chiavarini. The person responsible for fixing it is Karl Dorrell. If he’s unable to do so, then the person responsible for fixing that problem becomes Rick George.

Chev was forced on every single staff since this athletic director has been here and was a contingent on head coaches who were interviewed here. This issue goes deeper than the head coach and offensive coordinator. The athletic director needs to take accountability for this **** show because he forced it to happen.

I think people need to understand that while play calling is a problem, the offensive playbook is a much bigger issue.

I honestly don't think Chev understands how to design plays, let alone design them around player strengths or defensive schemes.
On the theme of accountability, that makes me think Dorrell is clueless with play design and concepts as well

Chev was forced on every single staff since this athletic director has been here and was a contingent on head coaches who were interviewed here. This issue goes deeper than the head coach and offensive coordinator. The athletic director needs to take accountability for this **** show because he forced it to happen.
Good point-especially in the wake of the discussion we've been having on Bohn and USC in the Clay Helton threads all week.

I think people need to understand that while play calling is a problem, the offensive playbook is a much bigger issue.

I honestly don't think Chev understands how to design plays, let alone design them around player strengths or defensive schemes.
I was going to post the same thing but wouldn’t have framed it as well as you have. It isn’t the play calling. It’s that we don’t have the plays to call.

We don’t/can’t run timing plays where our QB’s throw to a spot. Our offense is relying on Lewis waiting until a receiver gets open enough for him to feel comfortable throwing it.

And we never challenge defenders and trust our receivers to win the battle. It’s “get wide open” or nothing.

Last edited:
Back