What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AD introductory presser about to start

Everyone said the same thing about mile high.

True but if they had just renovated Mile High and sold the stadium rights, we would probably still call it Mile High. At least I would anyway.

Problem is, Mile High was torn down.

True but if they had just renovated Mile High and sold the stadium rights, we would probably still call it Mile High. At least I would anyway.

I know that, but there was a ton of controversy when the naming rights were announced. I remember people saying they would never call it invesco field. From wikipedia:

Many fans opposed a corporate name and wished to retain the previous venue's name, "Mile High Stadium."[SUP][6][/SUP] The Denver Post initially refused to use the Invesco label and referred to it as Mile High stadium for several years before changing their policy and adding Invesco to articles.

I know that, but there was a ton of controversy when the naming rights were announced. I remember people saying they would never call it invesco field. From wikipedia:
Very true. I was one of those who refused to call it Mile High due to the sterile environment.

When can we start an email campaign to get him to end the Rocky Mountain 'Showdown'?

For football you are right but look at the basketball baseball arenas.

Please correct me if this is false, but wasn't Coors athletic center named due to a private donation from the Coors family and not Coors Brewing Company? Pretty sneaky advertising if true.

Please correct me if this is false, but wasn't Coors athletic center named due to a private donation from the Coors family and not Coors Brewing Company? Pretty sneaky advertising if true.

This is correct. It happened while I was at CU. it was quite controversial at the time, too. A lot of opposition based on your point. Technically, it's named after the Coors Family. In reality, it's a thinly veiled beer advertisement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back