What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

addison gillam

darth-horax

He was a beast his Freshman year....been injured seemingly ever since.

If he comes back 100% healthy this year, what role will he play in the D?
Will he be THE man like he was all those years ago? Will he be just ok, or how do
you see him doing thsi season?

I hope to see a larger version of him in the backfield on top of qb's again, fully healthy.
I think/hope he'll end up being a gamer once more.

This is the biggest question on the defensive side.

We could end up with the best season by a LB in the Pac-12 on the upside, raising the unit to among the best in the conference... to a below average unit that is the weakness of the CU defense.

It's hard to imagine him being the same guy he was his freshman year. All those injuries take a toll.

As long as his knee is 100% healthy, I don't see a reason why he can't return to something close to what he was his Freshman year. He's bigger, stronger, more mature, has a better coach, better defensive scheme and more talent around him than he did in 2013.

I think he might be able to return to form. However, I'd bring him along at a little slower rate. I wouldn't have him playing every snap yet.

We are not expected to see strong passing attacks (to say the least) in our first two games, and Gamboa is fine if you are not relying on him to be in pass coverage a lot. I think the plan is to limit Gillam's reps early so that he is fresh for the Pac-12 slate.

We are not expected to see strong passing attacks (to say the least) in our first two games, and Gamboa is fine if you are not relying on him to be in pass coverage a lot. I think the plan is to limit Gillam's reps early so that he is fresh for the Pac-12 slate.

And meatchicken.

And meatchicken.

Yep. Michigan is, I think, very similar to what we will face at the end of the year against Utah. Great in the trenches, questionable passing game. Defensively, Michigan has a much better back 7 than Utah, though. They're going to be a nasty, tough team that CU has to try to get into a track meet.

Yep. Michigan is, I think, very similar to what we will face at the end of the year against Utah. Great in the trenches, questionable passing game. Defensively, Michigan has a much better back 7 than Utah, though. They're going to be a nasty, tough team that CU has to try to get into a track meet.

If Harbaugh has found a legit QB, they are going to be very dangerous. Catching them early should be helpful though, and having Gillam healthy for that game would be big.

Hopefully having Gamboa will allow them to reduce the amount of beating that Addison takes over the season. Play him on passing downs or sometimes even on the outside where he has the speed. Let Gamboa take on the guards and fullbacks on obvious running downs.

Gillam has amazing instincts and is willing to mix it up with anyone but his body build calls for protecting him some. Let him make plays in space and let somebody else bang heads

Has he gained a significant amount of weight? The last time I recall seeing him play he was visually one of the smallest guys on the field.

Has he gained a significant amount of weight? The last time I recall seeing him play he was visually one of the smallest guys on the field.
Oh sweet Christ not this discussion again.

6:00 cannot come fast enough.

Back