What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Addison Gillam

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Does he challenge Jordon Dizon's freshman tackles record this season?

Yes. He is also an athletic upgrade over Daigh. Maybe next year Gillam to OLB out of necessity

I have liked this kid since jump. Nice speed, good tackling form and seems to be a smart player (nice angles).
This kid is going to be the surprise of the year IMO...

so, yes to answer.... totally possible to challenge record.

I really like Daigh though... would have been a great middle in the Big12 / Big10 heavy run conference

Dizon led all freshmen in the conference in tackles with 82 (51 solo), which also established a CU true freshman record as he bettered the old total by some 15 stops (it was the second most tackles posted by a frosh, redshirt or true, missing a new mark by just four). He led the team in tackles from game one through game eight, eventually finishing third overall, easily the highest ever by a true freshman at CU (two others had previously finished seventh). He also had six tackles for loss, including one sack (against Texas), seven third down stops, four passes broken up, two touchdown saves, a forced fumble and one recovery.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=66759

That would be pretty impressive. I say under, but just barely.

I don't think it happens, but I could see Gillam reaching 70. Really liked what I saw out of him the spring.
I am required by my birthplace to dispute that it happens, but yes, Gillam looked like the RFD in the spring. Can't wait to catch a practice.

It's possible. The reason Webb had so few last year is because teams were scoring on us so fast. Not a lot of sustained drives. It would be an improvement if we made teams march down the field on us to score this year. A kid with a natural nose for the football and good instincts will get a lot of tackles. It would appear that Gillam has those qualities. Plus, I doubt our DL will be getting many tackles. :(

I like the idea that we get much more athletic with him at LB. It also means that if he is starting in front of Daigh we have something that actually resembles depth that isn't an undersized true freshman like we have dealt with at some many positions the last few years.

No way he amasses 82 tackles. That's not a knock on him though, just a pretty impressive number.

This. His tackle numbers will correlate to the number of plays the opposing offense runs. It can be a very misleading statistic.

Especially if teams are running the kind of plays that come with trying to run out a clock with a big lead.

Does he challenge Jordon Dizon's freshman tackles record this season?

If he's close are we forced to cut the coaches a little more slack on the recruiting trail? Especially as Dizon had better dt's in front of him?

Yes. I think he can be one of the top two or three tacklers on the team which based on previous years would be 80+ tackles.

If he's close are we forced to cut the coaches a little more slack on the recruiting trail? Especially as Dizon had better dt's in front of him?

Somewhat. I'm not worried about kids that actually look like PAC-12 players.

Notice the "s" appended to the word "year"? I didn't just look at 2012.

Average # of tackles for the top 3 tacklers since 2004 (leaving out 2007 since Dizon had 160 that year): 89
Average # of tackles for top 3 tacklers since 2009: 81
And since 2010: 78

So 82 isn't that crazy if Gillam can make it into the top 3 tacklers though it would be better than average based on the post-2008 numbers.

Back